• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.27

DeletedUser414

I was hurt by the update. But i applaud not holding back on worthwhile changes in order to not cause small, short term headaches for established players. Seems like a great change in the long term. It wasn't broken before but it could have been better. It is now, i'd say.

DeletedUser885

I'm really pleased with the update, many AWs are finally worth having or are worth a lot more now to me! Very much needed. :)
Just if there was some in game notification in advance, about such big changes, that'd be great as well(like a mail even).

DeletedUser1265

I'm really pleased with the update, many AWs are finally worth having or are worth a lot more now to me! Very much needed

Agreed, I am making space to build more! Finally, I want to have them all! :p

Just if there was some in game notification in advance, about such big changes, that'd be great as well(like a mail even).

Also in agreement. I think a pop up would have avoided some of the issues mentioned here

Finally, more confusion - Why was EN updated and not the US servers? Apparently the US is only getting their update on Wednesday.

DeletedUser2808

I agree that long-term improvements may be neccesary and beneficial,but that doesnt detract from my feeling that there should be some mechanism in place whereby any ensuing damage to some pre-existing features of our worlds could - and definately should - be repaired/restored if requested . The changes could have -and,again ,should have - been communicated better . As a relatively new player ,it was a compleat shock to me to lose the biggest population I had so far been able to build up ,it is disheartening and definately makes me question wether it is worth carrying on in the face of such a big setback ....... if this is so easily dismissed ,how can I be confident it will not happen again ? not good.

DeletedUser643

Some of the Percentages that are shown in the Wonders are not being implemented right at the places they should:

(lvl 4) Needles of the Tempest: Strength of Light Ranged 109%, but checking Barracks: 9%
(lvl 3) Mountain Halls: Boost Goods Production 132%, but checking Main Hall, Relics tab: 32%
(lvl 4) Blooming Trader Guild: Guest Race Portal Boost 109%, Checking Portal 9%
(lvl 3) Heroes Forge: Strength Heavy Melee 108%, but checking Barracks: 8%

Dragon Abbey also has a Strength increase bonus, but can't check if this also shows incorrect %, since I don't have it yet.

And before people say that I should just ignore the 100% extra in Wonder there are some that does go good:

(lvl 11) Martial Monastery: Health of Troops 113,5%, and Check in Barracks: 113,5%
(lvl 7) Crystal Lighthouse: Neighbor Help Duration: 165%, and check a polished Culture: 165%
(lvl 3) Watchtower Ruins: Neighbor Help Bonus: 116%, and check a polished Culture: 116%
(lvl 4) Blooming Trader Guild: Wholesaler Bonus 190%, check Wholesaler (and need to calculate this) 190%

So the question is: Are the Percentages in Wonder wrong, or are they being Implemented in their respective places wrong?

DeletedUser1829

Moving the GA is enough to have the population recalculate, changing road connection likely has the same effect.

Overall a nice update, hopefully a floor is put on the Gold Abyss so it is useful for early towns or consider swapping it with a later chapter wonder :p

Timneh

Artisan
This update was announced on beta DAYS before it was released so why here on the live servers where there are many times more players than on beta was it announced only an hour or so before release ? Come on Inno, you say that you will improve the communication to players and then do something like this.....and you wonder why players have no faith in the CMs.

KermitsDad

Alchemist
Another change I noticed when you mouse-over a finished manufactory:

Production Finished
Supplies (Basket of Groceries)

or

Production Finished
Marble (Fabulous Fountain)

So great to see this; a really useful suggestion finally implemented.
Fantastic to be able to see what's been made before harvesting : Thanks guys.

DeletedUser3337

cant see a way to carry on if I cant trust the support !

having a very unproductive email conversation with someone on the "support "
How can you expect us to have any confidence in you otherwise ?

Come on Inno, you say that you will improve the communication to players and then do something like this.....and you wonder why players have no faith in the CMs.

I have really lost my confidence in your integrity.

I would take signs like this serious if I were a member of the Elvenar Team.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3097

Another change I noticed when you mouse-over a finished manufactory:

Production Finished
Supplies (Basket of Groceries)

or

Production Finished
Marble (Fabulous Fountain)

So great to see this; a really useful suggestion finally implemented.
Fantastic to be able to see what's been made before harvesting : Thanks guys.

I remember someone posting this:

I am a relative new player and am having a whale of a time but I am finding the Christmas event hard because:

My factories (various levels) are showing completed goods but I can't identify which length production each one is. If I could see by mousing over each one: marble mosaic, decorative pillars etc. it would save me a lot of frustration from misclicking the wrong factory at the wrong time.

In an ideal world..erm.. village.. I'd have enough space to organise my factories so I knew which was which but I'm just having to build them on any available spot.

Thank you for reading my suggestion :)

I feel you, I lost 780 and can't do anything!!

Have you tried refreshing? Some people reported very low population but it righted itself after a refresh.

DeletedUser2577

@Dizzie - Personally, I have refreshed several times (even cleared cache and restarted PC) with no effect - definately due to upgrade.

As a matter of interest, other than not being able to build, what is the impact of minus population? Will we end up losing buildings? Is production affected?

Also, I echo the comments about lack of warning that the update could screw us over.

DeletedUser3097

As a matter of interest, other than not being able to build, what is the impact of minus population? Will we end up losing buildings? Is production affected?

I believe the impact is that you will only be able to build buildings which don't require population- so residences.

You won't lose buildings and production is unaffected. Culture affects production, not population.

Please can someone correct me if I'm wrong.

In the past, I have had minus population when I removed a residence and it just meant I had to build and upgrade a residence before I could build anything else.

DeletedUser1829

@Dizzy Lizzie is correct. My town on beta lost over 1200 population with the update and is slowly clawing back the population (about 500 to go). The minus population only inhibits your ability to build buildings/upgrades that require population. Your town can go along merrily with negative population if you don't plan to build. Some of the event culture/pop buildings might be a fast fix.

The challenge is finding a way back to positive population as often the small town is maxed out in space. The players who lose the most population are those with larger level Gold Abyss in the early chapters. Someone has speculated it is those in chapters 2-4 but it is all relative to how much you leveled the GA compared to your town and its buildings. Comments from beta have meant aspects of this are being looked into but no idea if that will result in any changes.

DeletedUser

Finally, more confusion - Why was EN updated and not the US servers? Apparently the US is only getting their update on Wednesday.

Not sure, this is the second time we got a Monday update while the other servers have had to wait until Wednesday. Maybe we are now considered Beta Plus as a convenient way to test the roll out as we are a small server with only two worlds. I'm fine with that if that is the case but it would be nice if we got an earlier notice, like the Friday before, if this is going to be the case.

If I knew the rollout was going to be today on Friday, I could have warned the other members of my fellowship as we have a number of early chapter players who have already built / updated a golden abyss to take advantage of our fellowships ancient wonder kp donation rotation. Would have been able to help them with the calculation to see what their new total pop bonus from the Abyss was going to be and estimated the number of residences they should have added to make up the difference.

On the negative population note, the only way to fix it is to either gain population or remove buildings that use population. For newer players with some low level production building that have not been upgraded too far, deleting them to free up their workers and building a level 1 residence in their place ( usually around 30 population ) can help if the population is only a couple hundred in the negative.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2999

I couldn't agree more I have really lost my confidence in your integrity. I would have to spend the next three days trying to get back to where I was, can't build anything til I clear a 400 population deficit. Am off to play my Xbox

DeletedUser3066

I know a lot of people seem really disappointed with the Golden Abyss but I have to say I was delighted. I'm in the Orcs chapter and my GA has just been sitting there as a way to earn a few extra gold a day. Now I have 1k more population [new armoury!] and about 100k extra gold per 3/h at lvl5, so in later chapters the rebalance is very helpful.
Perhaps a better way to do it to ensure that it's useful to *everyone*, would be to have it scale from a certain point? For example - it gives you a base population of 400 and scales additional population from that point? That way it's still useful to beginners and advanced players.

I do think it's a bit of a shame that the additional KP in Tome of Secrets isn't being changed. I know that you have to balance carefully with things like KP earned and that there is the option to buy extra in other ways but even just changing the max from 3 to 5 would have been nice :)

DeletedUser3034

Yes, to folk in later chapters the change is good to great.

To the newer players, the change ranges from annoying to devastating.

DeletedUser3361

I think with this change most ancient wonders are now useless to small players,

chapter 3
lv 15 residence 3*3 420 pop and 28,800 gold
lv 9 Golden abyss 3*3 291 pop and 22,500 gold
The effort to get abyss to lv 9 is massive compared to a residence, lv 10 for me gives + 19.

based on my numbers

abyss lv 9 now gives 0.056% of working pop, old 1350
abyss lv 10 now gives 0.06% of working pop, old 1510

so to get an equal bonus to previous
lv 9 would need a working pop of 24,000
lv 10 would need a working pop of 25,166

Note: this is based on one working pop so only rough estimate.

I think it would be better to use the option that gives the largest amount
i.e for lv 10 = max(1510, working pop * 0.06)

and similar for other wonders,