• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.22

DeletedUser2886

they also tried to post a fraudulent deal of 40% free diamonds, when they were only offering 15% free and slyly making you pay for 25% of those 40% free diamonds, thinking people wouldn't notice their tactics. adopting cancerous con artist methods similar to what a supermarkets would do (price hike something for a few months then reduce it with crazy deals that are still more expensive than before they price hiked) is pathetic

these marketing tactics prey on stupid people

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2886

It's a business at the end of the day. We will never find out why. Closely guarded secret. Prob going bust and trying to bleed us dry before going under :p

and there we have it

DeletedUser1829

I haven't found any official post explaining the reasoning, perhaps someone else can find it. In my opinion it's just another method of slowing down growth.

I can't be stuffed looking for the original quote and I think it was on beta back when they first changed the wholesaler. This is the adjusted wholesaler after beta feedback. The reasons are along the lines of "Players generating too many goods through the wholesaler and not trading with each other".

So the price hike is to prevent those who were generating 1000's of goods through the wholesaler (you could do this in era 1/2 and later era towns). It resets though to not make it prohibitive to regular player, granted it does impact it and you have to reconsider your approach to the wholesaler. If you buy round 1 offers from all tiers before round 2 you aren't suffering a price hike and can minimise the need to pay round 2 price. This would also encourage you to trade, my concern is it is more likely to encourage cross-tier trading.

With people not relying on the wholesaler for goods ideally they will trade more, they may just build non-boost factories but each person can figure out their own strategy.

A person using the wholesaler for a dump of excess coins/supplies still has this option but obviously less goods being generated from the dump.

DeletedUser2886

I can't be stuffed looking for the original quote and I think it was on beta back when they first changed the wholesaler. This is the adjusted wholesaler after beta feedback. The reasons are along the lines of "Players generating too many goods through the wholesaler and not trading with each other".

So the price hike is to prevent those who were generating 1000's of goods through the wholesaler (you could do this in era 1/2 and later era towns). It resets though to not make it prohibitive to regular player, granted it does impact it and you have to reconsider your approach to the wholesaler. If you buy round 1 offers from all tiers before round 2 you aren't suffering a price hike and can minimise the need to pay round 2 price. This would also encourage you to trade, my concern is it is more likely to encourage cross-tier trading.

With people not relying on the wholesaler for goods ideally they will trade more, they may just build non-boost factories but each person can figure out their own strategy.

A person using the wholesaler for a dump of excess coins/supplies still has this option but obviously less goods being generated from the dump.
seriously who would buy anything from the wholesaler even before. it was 100 marble for 20 planks or 20 steel. Most overpriced garbage ever at 1:5. If people are trying to make goods using only that something is terribly wrong in how they are playing. I just used it for a dump when my coins and supplies were at maximum capacity

DeletedUser2886

imo all it will do is encourage the already greedy players to even greedier

nah. most diamond buyers have a logical thought process which isn't just buy whatever when I can because I can. And most people go by the motto of respect is earned and any company that price hikes things (even if its not regularly like inno are doing) loses respect from its customers period.

Not once did anyone at innogames go "maybe if we make things cheaper more people will buy" or "maybe if we fix battling for the people who have scout too much and make it balanced" or "maybe if we fix things in the UI it will make people not leave cities abandoned after 1 days play" (like being able to choose your boosts) or "maybe if we make applying neighbourly help via the bell less tedious, or application of the help in general less tedious. Or "maybe if we add a temp storage feature for those with no space whilst reorganizing buildings that expand", or "maybe we give them a rotate feature".

I could go on about things they could have done before price hikingallthethings but I really cant be bothered

Killiak

Artisan

Yeah, the problem word there being "ideally". It's going to be a real bother for people who have less sizable neighbours or less active neighbours.
Personally, I didn't rely on the wholesaler but got lucky with an active fellowship / neighbours.

I wonder how my trader will look once the dust settles.

DeletedUser1829

seriously who would buy anything from the wholesaler even before.

There were 2 very easy ways to do it that I know of, may have been more. The most obvious is coins, it was possible to buy 1000's of goods using wholesaler and that was with excess coins, could have passed 10K+ (t1 goods) a day if a person really wanted to.

Edit: @Killiak yeah it will be interesting to see how it goes. While luck comes into the neighbourhood it really takes very few people to get the trader working. The player movement will help this, just wish they would add something into the tutorial about joining a fellowship.

DeletedUser

One of the reasons the rolled back the initial trader changes on beta was because of the feedback that they could not expect people not to use the wholesaler when their neighborhoods were a desolate wasteland and there was not one to trade with. I believe they said they planned on giving the player movement a longer chance to give people more active neighborhoods for trading.

Unfortunately, some of us here on the EN server still have not seen any player movement in their areas and are looking at very inactive neighborhoods. I keep some stats on my found neighbors ( 90 currently ) and around 82% were inactive this week, which is about normal for my neighborhood. Not all of the 18% who were active have progressed to having Tier 2 or Tier 3 goods.

Fortunately, I have some opportunity with trading with my fellowship members, though we are a fellowship with a lot of new lower level players so don't necessarily have an abundance of Tier 3 goods available.

I feel if they wish to force us to trade more, they should do more to fix the inactivity of our neighborhoods instead of penalizing us trying to make up for unavailable goods via the trader.

DeletedUser2886

There were 2 very easy ways to do it that I know of, may have been more. The most obvious is coins, it was possible to buy 1000's of goods using wholesaler and that was with excess coins, could have passed 10K+ (t1 goods) a day if a person really wanted to.

I doubt that very much. I am almost always max on both coins and supplies and figures of 10k goods per day sorry but they seem plucked out of nowhere. On the old system it was:

800 supplies = 20 t1
3200 = 20 t2

That equates to 400k supplies = 10k t1 goods. Sorry but 440k supplies is the max capacity for a rank 15 main hall city so i doubt very much players in era 1 and 2 were passing 10k goods a day let alone a rank 15 player because once they use all that they aren't getting 400k supplies back for a long time probably a week imo. If you try to use your boosted goods in the wholesaler its at a ratio of 1:5. Considering the majority of the game think youre oxygen stealing scum of the earth if you place a 1:4 offer on the trader who would willingly trade away at 1:5....hypocrites or people just dumping excess goods (is there even a capacity limit on goods anyway?)

DeletedUser2886

There has already been a lot more zero star and cross-tier trading - if they wish to encourage that then we need filters on the trader so that we can sift through to 2 star/3 star/same tier trades without trawling through all the rubbish.

what is wrong with a 2 star cross trade? absolutely nothing. you need multiples of every good throughout the game. I think its very narrow minded when players limit other players to t1:t1 t2:t2 t3:t3. I frequently take and offer t3:t1 trades, t2:t1 trades, and t2:t3 trades depending on which goods need balancing out the most. playing the game with a mindset of trading all your boosted goods for non boosted goods and just having lob sided amounts of each goods is also not one I support. you need a balanced amount of all type of goods. if you make 1k elixir and then trade them all for 1k magic dust...what use is that really.

Cregganroe

Conjurer
I will continue to be narrow minded and not take cross tier trades even if they are 2 star as it is still unfair for me to have to give (example of 3* trade) 1000 scrolls to receive 500 elixer..... I will wait for someone offering 500 crystals for 500 scrolls thanks very much.... Just one example of greed imo

sunrae

Soothsayer
Actually I didn't say there was anything "wrong" with any trade, its entirely up to each individual how they trade, I would just like to see some filters on the trader so that I can get to equal trades quickly. Zero starred trades are zero starred meaning they do not offer equal value. Crossed tiered trades may be equal in coin and tools but are often not equal in time. As there are more trades being offered, which in itself is a good thing, I think there is a place for more filters on the trader.

DeletedUser2886

I was talking about the wholesaler actually
read my replies about the wholesaler then. How can you be greedy its literally the worst ratio for anything.

Using the old system it was 800 supplies = 20 t1. Since Mykan posted figures of 10k goods being easily reachable every day using the wholesaler here Ill let you know how that is possible....

400k supplies = 10k t1 goods using the wholesaler. The capacity for a rank 15 main hall city is 440k supplies. So you do this once and are left with 40k supplies. The next time you see your supplies in red will be at least a week maybe two depending on how casual you are since the best quest for supplies is a 3hr one that gives 4k supplies. Nobody would be stupid enough to trade away over 90% of their total capacity of supplies like that just for 10k t1 goods.

What about boosted goods in the wholesaler? You have to trade them at a 1:5 ratio which is just a complete waste of goods. Considering 99% of the game think youre an amoeba if you place a 1:4 trade on the trader who is going to do a 1:5 trade? Hypocrites? Only reason someone would do that is if there is a capacity on goods and they need to dump them. Not something any new player has the luxury of doing. If there is a goods capacity I would like to know what it is. 999,999?

The only reason to use the trader in my opinion is to dump excess supplies. much like dumping excess coins into buying knowledge points (only with that there is a drawback because you keep increasing the cost, the same drawback they have now added to the wholesaler)

DeletedUser2886

I will continue to be narrow minded and not take cross tier trades even if they are 2 star as it is still unfair for me to have to give (example of 3* trade) 1000 scrolls to receive 500 elixer..... I will wait for someone offering 500 crystals for 500 scrolls thanks very much.... Just one example of greed imo

please explain why it is unfair if both of them are 2 star, and especially if the cross tier trade is 3 star. those goods are 1:4 either way on a t1:t2 and its no different than posting a 1:1 t1. both are fair trading. If I am low on t1 and have a lot of t2 ill place a trade for t1 or accept trades for t1. limiting yourself to 1:1 2:2 3:3 is narrow minded when you need all types of goods