• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

King Snow and the Snow Flurry

DeletedUser2913

I only play on en2, and only in maintenance mode.

My main game is on the dutch server, and I have an account on Beta.
stuck once again on a 2 day production :(
index.php

index.php

question about this what would happened if your just a low level and you don't have enough planks and stuff you cannot enjoy the event?

Timneh

Artisan
If you have space, population and culture available you could build some more manufactories and workshops and try to trade to get other things you need and then sell the buildings afterwards. I am still a fairly new player so someone who has been playing longer might be able to tell you a better way todo it.

Tiriake

Soothsayer
You will find that the notice (and the sound cue) will repeat every time you return to your city screen, and the only way to turn the darned thing OFF is to collect the bloody icicles! :p

Oh wow! Some people will be furious over it...if they have chosen not to praticipate in this event.

I actually like that we get a message that there are new snow crystals to collect.

DeletedUser1345

Does anyone have a full list of the Daily Rewards? I'd like to see which are most worth trying to get.

DeletedUser2916

I've won two Frozen Father Trees but cannot find them to build. Anyone know where they are hidden?

DeletedUser2554

Does anyone know if the daily event rewards repeat? (the Lazy Snowman etc)
Surely there isn't a different one for the whole 29+ days that the events running?

DeletedUser2920

I used to play Forge of Empires and knew what to do in these winter quests. Now I'm feeling a little lost, I only started playing this a week ago. What strategies do people have for getting items? I see this palace thing, is that worth getting? What about the different boxes, what do people do?

DeletedUser1345

Well, I used 420 snowflakes - almost all I had - trying to get the Frozen Father Tree, but got nothing but relics I don't need and runes for an ancient wonder which I don't want.
Sure does take some of the wind out of my sail on this event.
:(

DeletedUser2054

I've been trading in snowflakes for 2-3 chests a day, and so far nothing of any significance won. So I feel your pain lighteye.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Quests are passing fine but as usually, Inno does it the radin way about the crystal ice... most of them are 1 flake, about 1 of 20 gives 2 flakes and never seen the 3 flakes... And i won't talk about the 200 relics needed that are impossible to gain for most of us...
But okay, with 35 days long, it's not the worse event... we can win some good buildings ;)

BekBel

Adventurer
And i won't talk about the 200 relics needed that are impossible to gain for most of us...
But okay, with 35 days long, it's not the worse event... we can win some good buildings ;)
Relics shouldn't be impossible if you have tournaments. We have over a month to do this so we will get 4 tournaments. Using tournaments and some normal encounters, plus a bit of luck in neighbour visits it is possible to get all the relics needed. It will just take time and patience and a lot of goods. I also read, but don't know for absolute sure, that relics won from opening the event gift boxes also can count towards the relics quests - so if you time it right, you may also be lucky in that way too. Assuming those gift box prizes do work that way.

Not saying it will be easy to get all the relics for the quests, it won't be, but it is possible.

ETA: I just tested the gift boxes relics and they do count towards relics quests.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 13667

Quests are passing fine but as usually, Inno does it the radin way about the crystal ice... most of them are 1 flake, about 1 of 20 gives 2 flakes and never seen the 3 flakes...

Did not know the odds are so low for flakes. I had gotten 3 flakes on day 1 only, mostly 1 and 2 on day 2...

DeletedUser

If you're one of the many of us who has "scouted too far" we're being hit hard with so many scouting quests - 6 scouting quests, which for me will take 14d 6hr. Somewhat ironic that we're being told that we've gone too far but are given so many quests to scout... punishment perhaps for not doing as we've been told?

Last edited by a moderator:

BekBel

Adventurer
If you're one of the many of us who has "scouted too far" we're being hit hard with so many scouting quests - 6 scouting quests, which for me will take 14h 15mins. Somewhat ironic that we're being told that we've gone too far but are given so many quests to scout... punishment perhaps for not doing as we've been told?
Yeh my scout in Arendyll is up to about 17 hours. The thing I find really hard isn't so much how long it takes, it's that I am not entirely sure how long it will take so it is hard to plan ahead. If I know I will be finished with a bunch of other quests before say 12pm the next day, then I can plan ahead and send out my scout so it will finish scouting not long after 12pm. But without being able to see how long a scout will take before making it start scouting, this becomes quite difficult to figure out. In Winyandor my scout takes somewhere around 9 hours, but I am also in different rings so some are shorter, some are longer. I have no way to tell how long the scout will take and I take the risk of sending it out too early each time! And then I can't even cancel it.
They really need to change it so we can see how long a scout will take, and make it so we can cancel a scout.

DeletedUser

just edited my post to say 14d 6h, as its well over 2days per scouting run!

DeletedUser2920

How often does snow Crystals form?

I'd say whenever you use knowledge points they come up. I'd even suggest spending one knowledge point at a time to see if you get one snow crystal each time. I've not actually done it, but I might try if I can be bothered.