• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Official Discord server arrives September 11th 2023!

Hekata

Artisan
One of the mods (or CM, sorry I'm not familiar with the name) on Discord said this:

"In my personal opinion, the main concern here is about accessibility to announcements/information without registering to discord and this is a very fair point that has also been raised internally. Maybe having some kind of main portal or blog for all things official, I don't know yet but this is definitively something we are going to discuss within the CM team going forward."

While this would be no substitute for the forums, at least those players who don't plan to ever have an account there would still have access to some information.

I go to discord from time to time and I just don't feel inspired to participate in any conversations there. If/when they close the forums I'll join the gang of lurkers there: just check on any interesting info and log out as fast as I can. I suppose I can say: Thank you Inno for saving me some time that I can use on something else then :)

Well done @C-Nymph and @Killiak for fighting for the forums there! (why doesn't this forum have a simple heart emoji?)

C-Nymph

Necromancer
One of the mods (or CM, sorry I'm not familiar with the name) on Discord said this: (…)
It was one of the (French) CM's, Manfred.

Well done @C-Nymph and @Killiak for fighting for the forums there! (why doesn't this forum have a simple heart emoji?)
And you're very welcome! We're not letting the forums go down without a fight!! <3

Last edited:

McBratty

Enchanter
One of the mods (or CM, sorry I'm not familiar with the name) on Discord said this:

"In my personal opinion, the main concern here is about accessibility to announcements/information without registering to discord and this is a very fair point that has also been raised internally. Maybe having some kind of main portal or blog for all things official, I don't know yet but this is definitively something we are going to discuss within the CM team going forward."
Surely thats what the forums are for and already fill this purpose. What point is there in starting a blog to fill a role that is already here in the forums!! :rolleyes:

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Someone on Beta suggested that the move is because discord wants to go public and has paid Inno to move, to boost numbers. Interesting. Wonder whether that's true?
Does this person have a source to base this statement on?

Jake65

Sage
Someone on Beta suggested that the move is because discord wants to go public and has paid Inno to move, to boost numbers. Interesting. Wonder whether that's true?
Just Googled, Discord is worth $15 billion o_O