• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question World map costs and difficulty

Ellania

Alchemist
Hi all, firstly, hope everyone had a good holiday and all!
On the world map and sending your scout out, on mine, to the south they're "Very easy" and to the west they're hard, please can someone enlighten me as to why this is?

SkyRider99

Mentor
Because 'south' is downhill, and 'west' is against the rotation of the Earth? :D

But seriously, thanks for your question @Ellania.

It's always easy to 'send out your scout'; just pay the scouting costs and wait the required period of time. Of course the scouting costs constantly increase as you scout and solve more provinces. I suspect you may be referring to the difficulty level of negotiating/fighting the world map provinces that you are discovering?

The wiki has a bit more to say:

https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=World_Map

For example,
'The cost for fighting or trading to complete the Province will increase with each newly scouted Province.'

and

Province Distance​

The further you go, deep into the World Map, the more distant you get from your city. This means that not only will Scouts take longer to reach far away Provinces, but also it will cost you more Coins to scout them.

The Province Distance will also influence the ranking points you get by solving each Encounter. You will get 1 ranking point per Encounter * Province Distance. For example, if you solve an Encounter in a Province, 3 Provinces away from your city (Distance 3), you will get 3 ranking points.

Fighting and negotiating will get progressively harder the further away you get from your city, requiring that you need to keep upgrading your city to cope with the demands.

MinervaOz

Enchanter
Hi all, firstly, hope everyone had a good holiday and all!
On the world map and sending your scout out, on mine, to the south they're "Very easy" and to the west they're hard, please can someone enlighten me as to why this is?
The likeliest explanation is that you haven't scouted in concentric rings, and have scouted more provinces to the west. You can check this in world view, by clicking on the Province Overview tab - on PC that's the 'honeycomb'-shaped icon, not sure if it's the same on the app. It will list the scoutable provinces and show what ring (distance from your city) they are in, as well as the difficulty level and the direction from your city.