• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

WOMENS WORLD CUP

SCI0N

Spellcaster
The Women's Football World Cup is due to start in about 1 hour and 37 minutes in New Zealand and Australia. Not much has been written about it. However IT'S ON. Will you be watching and who will you be supporting? I will be supporting every Country with a member of my club in. USA are defending Champions. New Zealand launch the tournament against Norway at Eden Park (08:00 BST kick-off) before Australia play the Republic of Ireland at Stadium Australia, Sydney, on the same day (11:00 kick-off). Enjoy

OldHag

Necromancer
I'll be watching - supporting Ireland and England. :)

SCI0N

Spellcaster
Republic Of Ireland lost to Australia 1 - 0 I am afraid. I was rooting for my girl Katie McCabe till the last second. She put up a brave fight and she didn't even put anyone in hospital, hardly any violence at all. Probably why they lost
New Zealand beat Norway 1 - 0 also in the very first match.

SCI0N

Spellcaster
  • ENGLAND VS HAITI
  • Kickoff: 5:30 a.m. EDT / 10:30 a.m. BST / 7:30 p.m. AEST
Alessia Russo to score 2

Haiti 0 - England 1. Some nice skills on display but, not the most entertaining of matches. Shame about the Haitian player Jennyfer Limage who got a knee injury and had to go off. Nice penalty re-take by Georgia Stanway to win the match.

Last edited:

OldHag

Necromancer
yeah, that England game wasn't very exciting, but I'll take 1-0

SCI0N

Spellcaster
Brazil 4 Panama 0

Great game, very entertaining. Panama did not really test the Brazil defence, so who knows whether they will hold up against a better side. I know Raphael and she has a mistake or two in her. But, even so Brazil look like they can go far in this WC!

Last edited:

SCI0N

Spellcaster
download.jpeg
Katie McCabe scores in the 4th minute but Republic of Ireland are beaten and knocked out of the WC by Canada 2 -1

SCI0N

Spellcaster
Brazil knocked out by Jamaica, USA knocked out by Sweden. Looking like we are heading for a David and Goliath final to me

OldHag

Necromancer
England just about scraped through against Nigeria, Phew!

SCI0N

Spellcaster
Seems like all the countries where Women's football was previously not established are catching up. Partly due to the transfer system kicking in and taking effect I feel.

OldHag

Necromancer
The semi finals are going to be interesting, can't wait for the England v Australia match, it'll be like the final....lol :)

OldHag

Necromancer
England V Australia semi final just about to start.....eek!
This should be a good match, particularly if England win....haha ;)

SCI0N

Spellcaster
Lol