• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Which production works best?

DeletedUser

Does it matter what I produce? ie. Does producing beverages have more benefit than producing bread?
example. a lvl 2 workshop roduces bev=8 in 5 mins =12X5mins/hr total production= 96 units. Whereas bread produces 53/hr.

My question is really Do I need to produce anything other than beverages unless I was going to be away from the screen? eg I could produce basket of groceries overnight (9hrs).

Am I missing a point eg each production type has different benefits? or people will starve without bread lol

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Am I missing a point eg each production type has different benefits? or people will starve without bread lol

I found the idea of that funny - don't worry the local population won't be scrabbling around looking for things to eat, it's purely the rate at which you get supplies. What YOU choose to produce is entirely up to you and it won't have any negative impact on villagers, buildings etc.

However, you're right in the sense that if you're going to be checking your screen every 5 minutes, then the 5 minute option would be the most beneficial. Personally, I go for 5 minutes whenever I'm on until I leave, maybe coming back to check every hour and finally the 9 hour option overnight.

TL;DR Your villagers won't die regardless of what you choose. Happy days.

DeletedUser23

Yeah it completely depends on how active you'll be playing.

I choose 1 h options even when sitting at the computer as I don't want to have to waste time every 5 mins collecting and then starting production again - not when I have other games to play, sites to browse or if I'm really bored, work to do!

DeletedUser

Thanks for the heads up. What I'm checking now is whether production continues if I don't collect after 5mins. ie I can just set it to 5mins and come back in say an hour, there will be 144 units produced instead of 12. I think I know the answer though :( lol

Also I'm waiting on the trader to activate. Will he sell the individual items that you produce ie wooden figures or armchairs? or is it a case of selling units of products the same as the food and tools, where it is just a unit based on different production times. (I hope I've made that clear as it even confused me while typing it lol) :confused:

DeletedUser

. ie I can just set it to 5mins and come back in say an hour, there will be 144 units produced instead of 12
No, because then there wouldn't be any point setting it to an hour... If you set it to 5 minutes, you get exactly 5 minutes worth or production, and this applies for every other production you choose.

Will he sell the individual items that you produce ie wooden figures or armchairs? or is it a case of selling units of products the same as the food and tools
The trader is generally used mainly for player to player trades. Once you activate and use the trader, you'll understand why - rip off prices. Only use it if you're desperate for the goods that the trader offers. Here's a couple of examples of the trades the wholesaler offers (for me):
  • Wholesaler offers: 20 steel. Cost to player: 100 marble (alternatives: 8,000 gold or 800 supplies.)
  • Wholesaler offers: 100 steel. Cost to player: 500 marble (alternatives: 40,000 gold or 4,000 supplies.)
But as I said earlier, it's generally used for player to player trades. Fairness is key, so offering goods for what they're worth (50 steel for 50 planks etc) - keeps everyone happy. Bear in mind that there will be a trader fee for players you've yet to discover on the world map.

DeletedUser

Thanks MetalLift. Just as I thought. Pity the production wasn't ongoing like the coins from residencies :( but I get the point.
Thanks to everyone for all the help so far and being so patient with a noob :)
I am looking for answers in the wiki too, so hopefully I won't be hounding you with dumb questions ;)

DeletedUser

Yes, it increases available population. up to 3rd for elves (and 4th for humans) it gives only 4 - 6 additional population (this number varies depending on upgrade level and race (human/elves) ).
Remember that upgraded residences give you more income (so it's usually worth to upgrade them even if you don't need population at the moment).

More information can be seen on (probably official) wiki site for Elvenar:
https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Residence

DeletedUser

Thanks Tempus. I edited that bit about population out as I realised I used some of the available ones for training or upgrading buildings.
I'm learning to fight (choose my battles lol) now as I was losing all my troops early on.