• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

When did the Rule for joining a FS change?

AuroraBolt

Seeker
Recently I was able to recruit members into our fellowship during a Tournament and they were able to pick up from where they left off.
Now I'm trying to recruit members prior to the FA starts so that we have full team and one of the potential members is telling me they are getting a message of restriction with a date and time stamp on when they can join. Even though it is now past that date time stamp they still cant join. I understand why you cant swap during a FA but this is kinda making it harder for us. Not our fault 3 members decided to go MIA right before the FA starts.. :l

FieryArien

Necromancer
one of the potential members is telling me they are getting a message of restriction with a date and time stamp on when they can join. Even though it is now past that date time stamp they still cant join.
The player should contact support ASAP.

EDIT with more info: The restriction isn’t new, it’s the “you can only join one fellowship within 24 hours”. However, when that cool-down period is over, joining should work as expected. That’s why I’m urging you to ask that player to contact support.

Pauly7

Magus
Yeah there should only be a 24 hour cool down period and I think it only applies if they already switched fellowships in the last day.

FieryArien

Necromancer
Ah, I see how it could be read differently than I meant. Ok: one join always works, there is absolutely no restriction. Also leaving a fellowship can be done anytime, no restrictions. But when a player joins a fellowship, he or she cannot join another one (or even re-join the original one, I think) for 24 hours after the last join.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
Something that always worry me. As far as I know, you can not join the fellowship you left again in 24 hrs, nor join more than one in 24 hrs, Ideally one has to plan movements outside the 24 hr window for just in case of troubles, but emergencies do happen.. Found myself minus 2 towns this morning, :(

Gargon667

Mentor
Ah, I see how it could be read differently than I meant. Ok: one join always works, there is absolutely no restriction. Also leaving a fellowship can be done anytime, no restrictions. But when a player joins a fellowship, he or she cannot join another one (or even re-join the original one, I think) for 24 hours after the last join.

That´s exactly how it works :) And it hasn´t changed.

Also it has absolutely nothing to do with tourneys or FAs.

The only additional "rule" with FAs is that new members have to join before the start of the FA if they want to participate. New members can still join after the start of the FA just as usual, but they cannot participate.

So in your case you have to hope that your new member joined their previous FS more than 24h before the start of the FA. Otherwise they will be prevented from joining before the start and therefore not be able to participate once they join.

AuroraBolt

Seeker
alright, thank you for the clarification guys. Not really sure if she has or not, (recently joined a FS), she didn't say, all she told me was she had to wait, then we waited a day, then she still couldn't join after the restriction was up, she has contacted support.

DeletedUser

alright, thank you for the clarification guys. Not really sure if she has or not, (recently joined a FS), she didn't say, all she told me was she had to wait, then we waited a day, then she still couldn't join after the restriction was up, she has contacted support.
Be aware of the time you live in and the server you're playing on.

I'm on EN and live in Denmark and must add an hour to the time.

AuroraBolt

Seeker
we compared our time zones, she's 3 hours in front of me, we assumed the time stamp she was given was for her, and not for me. Ah well, forge on!