• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

When Chapter 21!

tommybob

Novice
I think we've been with Chapter 20 as the latest race for most of a year now. I usually try to complete quickly all quests for new races, then upgrade everything and rearrange my city. Done that some time ago. Now it's sort of treading water, getting fat on resources, and wishing for new challenges.

Any word on when Chapter 21 might be coming?

m4rt1n

Adept
Well, if the recent threads asking "Will there be an FA on Thursday?" and "What happened to the Forum Contests?", I'm guessing they'll announce it within the hour... :cool:

I doubt it, info is out there to be found on this forum but nothing anytime soon :p

Your guess is as good as mine, but traditionally over the last 8 years August has more times than not been the month of a chapter release, was 2 a year for many years August and February, maybe they will make us wait a full year this time again...

Last edited:

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi There @tommybob I apologise but I have no news on this as yet! We're just as anxious to get it!! An announcement will be made once we have more information so keep an eye out :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Jaxom

Alchemist
I would be quite happy if they made a firm commitment to adding one chapter each year. The anniversary would have been nice.
At least then you could make plans. As it is we just don't know and that is frustrating.
Of course it is getting harder and harder to maintain interest in the game when there is nothing to do except add levels to wonders.

I should point out that I am done with 20 on Beta and not that far on my EN cities. No reason to rush since they are so slow bringing out new chapters. Not as if the late chapters have given me anything very exciting.

Another chapter like 19 will probably push me to quit. So I am quite happy to give them time to produce a chapter with interesting content.

Last edited:

m4rt1n

Adept
I would be quite happy if they made a firm commitment to adding one chapter each year. The anniversary would have been nice.
At least then you could make plans. As it is we just don't know and that is frustrating.
Of course it is getting harder and harder to maintain interest in the game when there is nothing to do except add levels to wonders.

I should point out that I am done with 20 on Beta and not that far on my EN cities. No reason to rush since they are so slow bringing out new chapters. Not as if the late chapters have given me anything very exciting.

Another chapter like 19 will probably push me to quit. So I am quite happy to give them time to produce a chapter with interesting content.

I think they ran out of idea's personally then a takeover of the company, redundancies and a new owner it is taking time, but hopefully 21 will be a great chapter and not one of the grinders like 8 originally and 18/19. 20 was a refreshing change.

Jaxom

Alchemist
Chapter 20 was far better. But still ugly, depressing buildings. And I bailed on the storyline quests. Finished the tech using a level 14 Vortex.

I am being patient, hoping for something interesting. 4-star troop upgrades is not going to be enough to keep me in the game for much longer. Would be sad to quit after so many years. But they have to make it fun again.

m4rt1n

Adept
Chapter 20 was far better. But still ugly, depressing buildings. And I bailed on the storyline quests. Finished the tech using a level 14 Vortex.

I am being patient, hoping for something interesting. 4-star troop upgrades is not going to be enough to keep me in the game for much longer. Would be sad to quit after so many years. But they have to make it fun again.

Yes I am seeing the 4* troops as enemies when fighting world map encounters now as I have just completed ring 19.

m4rt1n

Adept

C-Nymph

Necromancer
See my thread, It was announced on the EN server as a news item, no word from Beta yet. https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/chapter-21-the-vallorian-legend.17936/
Interesting... as I did not get the news popup. My 'announcement horn' is currently showing nothing...
Are they also serving news to selective people like they have done with the introduction of the hobby room? That still hasn't showed up in my city either, so should I assume that now also news about new chapters is no longer considered a priority for all players except the 'lucky' few...?

m4rt1n

Adept
Interesting... as I did not get the news popup. My 'announcement horn' is currently showing nothing...
Are they also serving news to selective people like they have done with the introduction of the hobby room? That still hasn't showed up in my city either, so should I assume that now also news about new chapters is no longer considered a priority for all players except the 'lucky' few...?

I got it on Wednesday as did everyone I asked who replied in my fellowship on EN1 but strangely the news item has now been removed. Unsure what is happening as nothing announced on Beta yet.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Maybe a premature announcement which they'd hoped no one would've seen?

The only 'announcements' I see are the teasers posted on Elvenar's official FB page and by the Community Manager on beta forum (here).

kimkimkim

Summoner
If this is from beta, it deserves a spoiler alert. Not that I'm not happy to see it, but there are players out there who enjoy the surprise on live servers rather than being served info from beta in a forum post that is not in the News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers-section.
not from beta, like @m4rt1n says it showed up in the news and yes it now appears that it is gone along with the news about the new event coming......maybe it was a tease, gosh I hope not....maybe @Herodite can confirm what we saw was not a mistake

Killiak

Artisan
No mistake my Fiends! Why the news has disappeared from the Horn im not sure? But the Teaser was definitely intended! Good things are coming! Hopefully not long now! :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

I certainly hope they are good things. So far, odds are that several AW will be affected in a negative manner.... I hope to be proven wrong this time.

Sir Derf

Adept
Curious to know which ones you're picturing as being negatively impacted by a new Chapter (as opposed to, say, continuing play in a finished Chapter 20)...

On the other hand, there sure seem like a number of AWs that will improve by progress in a new Chapter 21. Just to name a few
  • A new Chapter with new building upgrades will produce increases in Required Culture and Working Population.
  • A new Chapter with Culture Building improvements that increase Cult/sq will produce increased NH benefits
  • A new Chapter with Main Hall upgrades will increase Main Hall Level and capacities