• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered When are we going to be able to join guilds and fight humans?

DeletedUser111

Is this even being worked on because at the moment we just have a building game so it needs fleshing out a bit. :confused::confused::mad::(

DeletedUser3

Guilds or 'Fellowships' as we call them on Elvenar will be implemented on International very soon! We hope this will be with 0.21, so the next update, although this is still possibly subject to delays as Fellowships are a major feature and are still in testing on beta.

As regards fighting Humans, I assume you mean Player vs Player (PvP) fights. For this let me quote Timon and Oliver's answer from the Q&A session:
Will there be ways to plunder or battle other players? Or, will there be another kind of PvP battling system? If not, are we going to be stuck with battling provinces?
We have no plans to add plundering to our game. Even though we put a lot of effort into our battle system, many of our players play the game peacefully, and we want to keep an environment where a peaceful playstyle is possible and successful. On the other side, I don't see why we shouldn't enhance our battle system for the players who like it. I'm sure the future of Elvenar will hold more opportunities for you to send your army into battle. But for now, that is all I can tell you about that.

DeletedUser23

What Amy said.

But that doesn't necessarily mean there won't be PvP. Just that there won't be any option to plunder. I would hope along with that train of thought that it'd also mean that there will be no rewards that you can only get from PvP - which would then almost make it mandatory to experience the game. Though of course that'd mean there'd be very little point in actually PvP'ing (but most pvp'ers do it for the fun, so I'm told :p).

To clarify a bit - having PvP that gives any provinces, goods, extra ranking points, expansions etc would give those players a strong and distinct advantage over the peaceful players - something I'd rather not see.

DeletedUser

I love this peaceful world, tho it's bit boring. As PvP I'd like to see a weekends PvP where player battle online against another player. Of course that's just a dream but... it's not more difficult to achieve than programming other kinds of PvP. It'd be also a distinct feature for this game.

I did mention somewhere what rewards I'd love to see, and I mean faction-wide ones not per-person (like a boost to building time for the day/week after battles ends). It'll allow us all do PvP but the total score would count. That'd benefit not only pvp'ers but everyone in the game.

However, new game is a huge challenge, so I cross my fingers and look forward to see what devs prepared for us.

DeletedUser23

Yeah some sort of race wide bonus would be good. If you had an arena system where players could battle each other and the scores were tracked for humans v elves for say a week's period. At the end of the week the winning race got such a buff that you suggested for that week. Nice idea :)

DeletedUser111

Looking forward to the 'Fellowship' addition, thanks for the replys.

DeletedUser

I'll bite. What will Fellowships be good for if there is no PVP ? Shared wealth, shared battles against game bots, loans, ....?

DeletedUser23

Bite what? PvP would always be a minor part of fellowships, even if games like FoE.

Fellowships provide more aid every day, meaning increased culture etc. They also provide free trades across the entire world map, instead of being restricted to how active your neighbours are and what boosts they have. Those two major bonuses are just what's in the start. Inno have plans for further development including group activities - can only guess what they may be.

DeletedUser

Can't wait, I like the idea of a peaceful game, but it in our nature to compete against each other. "Put three people in a cage, and the other two will plot against the other one" Okay back to Elvenar haha, a weekly competition for rewards and such, is a great idea. Let see what kind of battle system they come up with. Hmmm I'm getting bored with the game, but I'll wait. Hurry up Innogames lol.