1. Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Dismiss Notice

What do you call a fair trade with a tax?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Valerius, Oct 30, 2015.

?

What do you consider a fair trade when taxed?

1. The buyer pays the tax (ex. 100 : (100 +50% tax) = 100 : 150)

12 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. The seller pays the tax (ex. 120 : (80 +50% tax) = 120 : 120

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The seller and buyer pay equal amounts of tax (ex. 100 : (80 +50% tax) = 100 : 120

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  4. Something else (please leave a comment below)

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  5. I don't understand what this is about/why this is relevant (please leave a comment below)

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  6. Undecided

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. Redme

Redme Guest

All of this theory is nice but completely useless in the real world ( game world in this case ).
    In my fellowship, we trade at 1:1 regardless of any other factors that would affect the cost of production. As long as the fellowship is properly balance, we don't need anybody else to get what goods we need. We encourage all members to produce only their boosted goods and to trade for the others. That way, we each produce more and gain an advantage from our own boosted goods.

The system you presented might be applicable if we had different markets for neighbors, fellowship and others. If the markets where separated in such a way, different prices could emerge for the same goods where it would be possible to exploit the differences, but I doubt the game is going to go that way.

2. Valerius

Valerius Guest

And that my dear friend is why I see so many people leave the game because they find it boring. Simply join an active, balanced fellowship and everything runs smoothly.

If that suits your boat, then okay. fine. There is really nothing wrong with that.

I personally prefer it when there's a bit more of a challenge involved in getting the resources you require. Otherwise it just becomes like collecting coins or supplies. Set the production/the offer, wait a while, then receive your resources (guaranteed). Gets a bit repetitive and chore-like in my eyes...

Slotharingia likes this.
  3. Redme

Redme Guest

I agree that there should be more of a challenge ( game play ) to progress in the game but it is the way it is for now.
    For me, the only challenge at the moment is to get enough peoples and space to continue progressing my city. Basically, the only interesting part of the game is to figure out how to re-engineer my city planing to fit all the buildings I need. Other then that, just same old same old every day!

4. Josiah

Josiah Bard

Is there another game that you do not really have to do this? That seems to be the norm for most games.

But the OP was about the trader fees. You can, or I have, obtained goods, whether paying the fee or using the wholesaler. Just takes a few seconds, to determine if the cost is worth the fee/cost. Many players will pay the fee versus buy from the wholesaler. Many, will use the wholesaler, when the goods are needed, and unavailable, and they have the extra goods, coins or supplies to get them.

Many, not all.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016