• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

What cultural building would you sell if you had no space in your city anymore?

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
In my own city I always struggle with this dilemma, too. I love all the event buildings that I've won over all the events that have been there, and I would not want to sell them - even if solely for the nostalgia value they give me. This is starting to become a bit 'problematic' for now, now that the older event buildings I have are starting to have lower bonuses than the buildings that I can purchase from my chapters, and space is becoming scarce.

As for the being able to delete buildings directly from the inventory, @Lisica, this used to be possible in the past (also for Spells), and that caused some problems where people sometimes accidentally deleted their items, and then asking Support to refund them. Since the inventory (both for the Spells and Buildings) does not have a limit anyways and there is no real downside to storing items there, we deemed it best to just remove the option to delete items directly from the inventory, which is what we did. That is all already quite some time ago (probably like a year and a half ago or so?).

DeletedUser5436

If I put forth time and effort for an Event building, I do so because I like the look of it. I don't care what it gives or does. If I have to liquidate a cultural building for any reason, it's certainly not going to be one I had to jump through hoops to get. But that's just me... and I know I'm in the minority.

DeletedUser441

Due to lack of space I'm considering selling culture buildings that I paid diamonds for in the early chapters , as they provide much less culture/population than later "free" buildings. I wish I hadn't bought them now. :(

cwgiii

Shaman
If I have to liquidate a cultural building for any reason, it's certainly not going to be one I had to jump through hoops to get.
I agree. And, by definition (IMHO) any of the event buildings would qualify as one that would require jumping through hoops. They are also inherently rare. It would be awesome to have a place to keep these after their production value has been surpassed (for all of the various reasons discussed earlier and in different threads).

DeletedUser5436

I agree. And, by definition (IMHO) any of the event buildings would qualify as one that would require jumping through hoops. They are also inherently rare. It would be awesome to have a place to keep these after their production value has been surpassed (for all of the various reasons discussed earlier and in different threads).

I've seen a suggestion on one of the other forums I'm on about being able to upgrade the Magic Academy so that it would hold a certain number of Event buildings as though it were a museum or archive or something. It would be great to have something like that, but I don't think the developers would ever go for something like that. :p

m4rt1n

Adept
Would have to be a separate upgrade line though, as many have spent some diamonds upgrading the magic academy already, and what about the many event buildings removed already by loads of players.

DeletedUser5436

Would have to be a separate upgrade line though, as many have spent some diamonds upgrading the magic academy already

It was suggested as an alternative to adding an additional building to the city layout since you're required to build the Magic Academy. So it stands to reason that it would be. It required the use of relics or broken rune shards or something of the sort.

and what about the many event buildings removed already by loads of players.
So because loads of players have already removed many Event buildings there shouldn't now be a way to store them?

DeletedUser

As for the being able to delete buildings directly from the inventory, @Lisica, this used to be possible in the past (also for Spells), and that caused some problems where people sometimes accidentally deleted their items, and then asking Support to refund them. Since the inventory (both for the Spells and Buildings) does not have a limit anyways and there is no real downside to storing items there, we deemed it best to just remove the option to delete items directly from the inventory, which is what we did. That is all already quite some time ago (probably like a year and a half ago or so?).
I remember being able to delete the spells, like an idiot I deleted the spells because I couldn't see a use for them :eek: of course now I need them to keep the city going to its maximum capacity.

I think the best way for me to deal with the outdated event buildings is to build and sell while I have the space :p

m4rt1n

Adept
It was suggested as an alternative to adding an additional building to the city layout since you're required to build the Magic Academy. So it stands to reason that it would be. It required the use of relics or broken rune shards or something of the sort.

So because loads of players have already removed many Event buildings there shouldn't now be a way to store them?

Maybe slightly misleading in my reply.

If this happens I would like it to be backdated so already removed buildings from the past could be included for viewing. :)

cwgiii

Shaman
If this happens I would like it to be backdated so already removed buildings from the past could be included for viewing.

This would be nice. However, I believe I read somewhere that the Support team can only go back so far in history (to work on issues and investigate tickets). Not sure how they would mine the correct data to make this happen.

forictori

Adventurer
Hey @Tree, It seems to me that we ain’t having a convo but an argument, look mate I have no intention to continue argue w you. It is obvious that you have failed to decipher the implied main idea of my input. I can admit that what I am saying has it’s pros & cons, that is why not everyone can manage to make good use of it. If you want to see a successful implementation of the idea, go in Winyandor and check up on the player on the top of the rankings.
Enjoy.

DeletedUser3985

Hey @Tree, It seems to me that we ain’t having a convo but an argument, look mate I have no intention to continue argue w you. It is obvious that you have failed to decipher the implied main idea of my input. I can admit that what I am saying has it’s pros & cons, that is why not everyone can manage to make good use of it. If you want to see a successful implementation of the idea, go in Winyandor and check up on the player on the top of the rankings.
Enjoy.
I'm not trying to argue at all, you just haven't convinced me that the Frozen Giants Shrine is a good building. I proved to you it wasn't the best free building for its size (which you said it was) and you still haven't conveyed why you appreciate it so highly.

I did check out your city and I don't understand why you encouraged me to do so. From what I saw, you have one small building that can be polished (the Giants Shrine) and the rest are medium or large buildings. I think I'm confused with what you're advocating here. I'm promoting fewer large buildings with smaller buildings that can't be polished to fill the gaps over a large amount of small buildings that can be polished (which is what I thought you were championing, although I could be mistaken).

I'm open to having my mind changed about the Frozen Giant Shrine being a good building but right now I remain unconvinced.