• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

What cultural building would you sell if you had no space in your city anymore?

DeletedUser5468

I have a few cities that have more cultural buildings in the inventory than I can place. It is a shame there is no storage where you can put buildings, so you can change them for others to change the look of your city.

I read in other forums Inno is in no way planning on anything storage like, so I was wondering; what cultural buildings would you sell, to make space in your cities?

m4rt1n

Adept
I sell any that I can replace with a better one, and have just removed a lot of my previous winning buildings from previous events to make space for the winter buildings I have won.
I used to hang on to buildings because I really liked them but they were hindering progress so I had to stop being sentimental about them.

DeletedUser3985

I will gladly delete my Frozen Giants Shrine. It's only 2x2 yet can be polished which is a waste of neighbourly help, IMO. Probably one of the worst grand prizes (if not THE worst) so far.

DeletedUser2165

we try so hard to get some of these buildings in these quests and then another quest comes along with better buildings so we have to sell the other buildings from before to make room.why cant you just make it so we can put them into the inventory,even if we cannot use them again.?

forictori

Adventurer
Hi RubyMoonStar, you should delete C buildings from Chapters you have already completed.

I will gladly delete my Frozen Giants Shrine. It's only 2x2 yet can be polished which is a waste of neighbourly help, IMO. Probably one of the worst grand prizes (if not THE worst) so far.
May I please correct you? The Shrine ain't the worst C building, on the contrary it is the best non purchasable as of right now that InnoGames have invented. I tell you a solution how to increase the value of a low C index Buildings: cast a spell on it.

DeletedUser5468

we try so hard to get some of these buildings in these quests and then another quest comes along with better buildings so we have to sell the other buildings from before to make room.why cant you just make it so we can put them into the inventory,even if we cannot use them again.?

I was hoping Inno could create an area where you can display all your cultural buildings you can't use in your city, so you can see the animations. :)

DeletedUser5468

Hi RubyMoonStar, you should delete C buildings from Chapters you have already completed.

May I please correct you? The Shrine ain't the worst C building, on the contrary it is the best non purchasable as of right now that InnoGames have invented. I tell you a solution how to increase the value of a low C index Buildings: cast a spell on it.

But what if they are nice/beautiful? You can never get tham back again...

DeletedUser3985

You want to correct my opinion? I didn't say it was the worst culture building, I said it's the worst grand prize that I know of.

Also, I don't cast spells on small culture buildings. I don't want to encourage players from polishing it any more than I already encourage them by having it in my city.

DeletedUser1829

I was hoping Inno could create an area where you can display all your cultural buildings you can't use in your city, so you can see the animations. :)

While they have mentioned no plans for storage due to its impact on the game challenges they did mention they were looking into something in terms of event buildings. Don't get your hopes up for storage as it sounded more like a trophy case to me, either way we will see if it ever arrives.

As to culture I generally drop the one with the lowest culture per square. There would be rare exceptions to this in terms of the buildings size and neighbourly help but the culture per square would need to be close.

forictori

Adventurer
I guess It is up to InnoGames if they will let us keep them somewhere in storage sometimes soon.

You want to correct my opinion? I didn't say it was the worst culture building, I said it's the worst grand prize that I know of.

As a matter of fact I do respect your opinion. It just, your input in to this inquiry sounded to me that you suggested to delete a building which I highly appreciate and I just tried to give a credit to it. Each grand prize is a C building right?

Also, I don't cast spells on small culture buildings. I don't want to encourage players from polishing it any more than I already encourage them by having it in my city.
Before you maybe soon decide to remove that building from your city, may I try to convince you how much more efficiently is to have few small C buildings with spells & polished rather than no such small culture buildings at all?

DeletedUser3097

Some of the most popular rewards are repeated in later events- sometimes they are similar rather than identical. If you have progressed to a higher chapter, they will have better stats.

DeletedUser3985

As a matter of fact I do respect your opinion. It just, your input in to this inquiry sounded to me that you suggested to delete a building which I highly appreciate and I just tried to give a credit to it. Each grand prize is a C building right?

Before you maybe soon decide to remove that building from your city, may I try to convince you how much more efficiently is to have few small C buildings with spells & polished rather than no such small culture buildings at all?
Why do you appreciate it so highly? It's not even the best free 2x2 building like you said it was earlier e.g. the "Frozen Flame Purple" daily prize gives more culture per square from the Dwarves chapter onward.

As for your suggestion, I'm not sure why you're comparing small, polished buildings with spells with no buildings and claiming it's more efficient.. That's a no-brainer. Why not compare it with large, polished buildings with spells as well as small buildings that can't be polished, like the "Classy Lantern"? That's how I choose to play and I'm confident it's more efficient than what you've suggested.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 399667

i keep what ever culture buildings also give population or supplies ... or have a large culture number ... ive got a bunch in inventory i can place yet due to space limitations but they are there when i get the space to place them .. im working on expanding my city so i can fully upgrade my building to the maxe for the level im on befor moving on to next level ... right now i just opened the farie level ..only things maxed so far are my dwarven portal stuff and residences ... gotta work on my planks , marble , steel . gem . and other manufactories to level 17 .. then ill move on .. so doing provinces and encounters till i get a few more expansions ... thats gonna be alot of resources but i can trade for what ill need lots of lol

DeletedUser3221

I too replace old culture with new when better us available. More small buildings in the same area means more clicks. Sure you can have 5 large buildings or over a dozen smaller ones; but more clicks are better really.

If you have 10 smaller buildings that give 10k culture and 5 bigger buildings that also give 10k culture in total, then it's better to have 5 bigger buildings. It means you only need 5 neighbour visits to max your culture bonus as opposed to 10.

Smaller buildings are only good for filling in tight spaces that bigger buildings can't be placed - otherwise, bigger buildings are always more economical and help you be less reliant on neighbour visits.

Lelanya

Mentor
If you have 10 smaller buildings that give 10k culture and 5 bigger buildings that also give 10k culture in total, then it's better to have 5 bigger buildings. It means you only need 5 neighbour visits to max your culture bonus as opposed to 10.

Smaller buildings are only good for filling in tight spaces that bigger buildings can't be placed - otherwise, bigger buildings are always more economical and help you be less reliant on neighbour visits.
Ah but I have lots of great neighbours and don't particularly enjoy receiving coins. So I like lots of buildings for folks to polish. And this let's me keep things like the Winter Pond. I actually sold my old one a couple of weeks before this event started

DeletedUser

Somewhat curious, why would you want to keep them if there are buildings which are giving more culture per square?

cwgiii

Shaman
Somewhat curious, why would you want to keep them if there are buildings which are giving more culture per square?

I personally like the look (architecture) of my "older" event buildings. I like to keep them around and have not yet deleted any, reminds me and my long term fellows of our past escapades.

It also shows other players (potential new fellows) of my longevity in the game. I personally think it would be informative to be able to see such buildings in a gallery of sorts in other players cities (both those that have been placed and deleted plus new ones that have not yet been placed) to help gauge participation and activity along the way.

Lelanya

Mentor
Each event was designed with a certain guest race in mind. The Phoenix culture went well with orc chapter, March of the Herds was clearly Halfling , while the Charming Trees are obviously Woodelf. I hang on to culture buildings that match items in my city and sell off old outdated items. Event stuff from over a year ago springs to mind: Walter's Circus tent...

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I have 2 pages of unwanted event culture buildings, and yes I have Walter's Circus Tent and no intention of ever placing it, I'd like to be able to delete direct from where they're listed rather than having to build and sell to get rid of them!