• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

WE NEED MORE PET FOOD & SPELL FRAGMENTS! (please)

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Firstly, the figures you give for SFs miss out the 12th chest (55% chance of 2000 fragments) which increases the available daily SFs by about one third above your number.

The point of my argument though is that CCs become the sticking point before SFs, although I do accept that this will depend to some extent upon which recipes one goes for. I haven't compiled or verified a personal list of recipes, but checking the comprehensive list of MinMaxgamer's site, we can clearly see that the vast majority of recipes consume CCs. You seem to be explicitly favoring recipes (e.g for petfood and time-boosters) which only consume SFs. Most pet-food recipes actually consume only CCs, and you might get a different answer if you considered them.

Looks like they revamped the 12th chest recently with the addition of sip of clarity.
So here the new calculation.

Level 1:
1st chest 500 x 60% = 300
2nd chest 1000 x 40% = 400
3rd chest 1250 x 20% = 250
4th: none
5th chest 500 x 60% = 300
6th chest 1000 x 40% = 400
7th chest 1250 x 20% = 250
8th: none
9th chest 500 x 60% = 300
10th chest 1000 x 40% = 400
11th chest 1250 x 20% = 250
12th: chest 2000 x 55% = 1100
13th chest 500 x 60% = 300
14th chest 1000 x 40% = 400
15th chest 1250 x 20% = 250
16th: none
------------------------------------
total: 4900 spell fragments.

Level 2 is the same so another 4900 spellfragments

Level 3:
1st chest 500 x 60% = 300
2nd chest 1000 x 40% = 400
3rd chest 1250 x 20% = 250
4th: none
5th chest 500 x 60% = 300
6th chest 1000 x 40% = 400
7th chest 1250 x 20% = 250
8th: none
9th chest 500 x 60% = 300
10th chest 1000 x 40% = 400
11th chest 1250 x 20% = 250
12th: none
13th chest 500 x 60% = 300
14th chest 1000 x 40% = 400
15th chest 1250 x 20% = 250
16th: none
------------------------------------
total: 3800 spell fragments.

So we now get 13600 spellfragments per week
Thats 1942 spelfragments per day or 485 spelfragmens per cycle

1636300985892.png

It now means from the above list about 50% asks less and 50% asks more. the average is 568 spellfragments per crafting.

So now it's closer to but the spire alone still can't supply all the spellfragment you need for crafting, and surely doesnt make an oversupply as some suggest if you craft at least 1 item per cycle.

But yeah it's closer than it was not too long ago.

If you want an overvieuw of all the prizes (missing gold and purple chest as I did only got 3 blue ones this week.
http://crazywizard.info/doa/spire.png
Cant show it on the forum because it doesn't let me I get an administrator warning or whatever.

Gargon667

Mentor
Lucky the spire isn´t the only source of SF in the game :)

Thorly

Spellcaster
Please accept my apologies if English is not your first language but I do not understand what you are trying to say here.
My point is that, it takes x amount of time to build your city. In the last few years, no one made a noise about TPTB (Google it) who played catch up and made building up a city in half, or 1/3rd of the time Elvenar use to. (Because we liked building our city faster too.) Now, with these recipe upgrades, I mention that we need more Spell Fragments & Pet Food because my quick build style has been slashed a lot. I asked if we can rectify it by possibly doubling the Spire SF rewards. And as for disenchanting, you really have to disenchant many in inventory to receive 5000 Spell Fragments. Read the 1st page again, I think my English is not that bad.

SkyRider99

Immortal
...possibly doubling the Spire SF rewards.

Maybe it's some kind of cycle. I recall when I almost always got SFs on the Spire chests, which was too much. Lately I've hardly seen any. It'll probably come full circle again sometime :cool:

Stucon

Illusionist
TPTB (Google it) who played catch up and made building up a city in half, or 1/3rd of the time Elvenar use to.
This bit is confusing. If 'The Powers That Be' are Inno why would they be playing catch up?
I think you are saying that your rate of growth has slowed and you would like easier access to petfood and SF so you can grow at the same rate as previously.
If I am correct in my assumption you should be aware that the rate of growth slows down for everyone as the game progresses. Chapters are longer and more difficult as the game proceeds.
Hope this helps.

OldHag

Necromancer
I think this is akin to mil buildings in the MA - so you have to spend your sf wisely, just like mil buildings.
I guess we can't have it all.

p.s what is TPTB?

Last edited:

Gargon667

Mentor
Yep. If it comes to it I could start working on disenchanting about a thousand unwanted items from inventory.

Since events have hardly any use at all anymore at the end of the game, they can be used for making nothing but spell fragments. Not sure how big a building has to be to be worth more SF than the PP spells dailies (if there is one of those), but either way, one can get a substantial amount of SF from it :)
The amount of troops we can get nowadays is not really a big loss if you switch to SF. And other than the few troops I see nothing of worth it anyway.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
Let's hope that they will put the Moonstone Library set back in or at least they will give some other way for newer players to have the ability to get multiple sets as they did with the Fire Phoenix. It's a huge advantage in the game to have multiple sets.

Thorly

Spellcaster
I use to hover around 250,000 spell fragments. Now I am at 33,000, and still lowering.
Just to note regarding SFs, I now hover at 5,000-10,000 or less, week to week. (Hovering @ 250,000 was my regular play for the previous year)

Gargon667

Mentor
Well can´t remember now what I had exactly last time I looked, but I have 1.8 million now. So maybe if I check again in a month or 2 I´ll be able to tell where it´s going for me...
Maybe the new CC recipes slowed it down? But I guess I have also slowed down on the crafting in general, so who knows...

Gargon667

Mentor
Haha I tried flipping the academy for a while, I ran out of SF in absolutely no time lol

Not in my case, both CCs and sips/diamonds would run out long before SF. So only a shift in the relative use of materials would slow down growth, not a higher usage of all 3 materials.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Not in my case, both CCs and sips/diamonds would run out long before SF. So only a shift in the relative use of materials would slow down growth, not a higher usage of all 3 materials.
The difference is that I rely on the spire and event items for my fragments instead of the moonstone set.
I am considering trashing my 4500 20kp boosters for spellfragments.

Gargon667

Mentor
The difference is that I rely on the spire and event items for my fragments instead of the moonstone set.
I am considering trashing my 4500 20kp boosters for spellfragments.

that should last a while, if you lack SF those are certainly more valuable than KP spells that have become an inflationary stack of worthless paper (thank you tourney formula)... I don´t even count anymore how many of those I have...

CrazyWizard

Shaman
that should last a while, if you lack SF those are certainly more valuable than KP spells that have become an inflationary stack of worthless paper (thank you tourney formula)... I don´t even count anymore how many of those I have...
Yeah it's kinda sick I am considering trashing 90.000 KP because they became kinda useless