• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Video Ad's

SkyRider99

Mentor
Damn, they were really useful. Will have to see if half is still worth it.
Previously the bonuses were miserly. What's half of miserly? :p

1705620634866.png

Laurelin

Sorcerer
[...] But after this wonder nerf really don't feel like rewarding Inno in any way. Not that me not clicking on ads will make any kind of difference, lol
But that's the same viewpoint as : "I'm only one person, so it doesn't matter if I don't vote". We're ALL 'only' one click on each ad. Alternatively, and while this may seem overly dramatic when applied to a video game : all that is needed for [wrong] to prosper is for ONE good [person] to do nothing.

If nobody had clicked an ad, way back in ~1999 when 'Free' to Play [mostly online] video games arrived in the West, Inno & the rest wouldn't now be able to dismiss players' objections to unrequested, unexpected, and player-hostile 'game improvements' by merely trotting out the disingenuous (but now deeply ingrained) fallacy that "It's a free service with voluntary optional payments, not a paid game, so customers' rights (and all dissenting opinions) don't apply."

Instead, of course, gaming companies would have to LISTEN to players = customers, to design, sell, and consistently maintain decent, enjoyable, and player-focused games, which would prosper (or not) according to their individual merits and reputations ~ within normal legal and ethical budiness constraints. As once was the absolute norm.

But rather, we now get... to where we currently are. And the F2P industry now makes far more money from so-called 'free' games than even the most successful paid-for games ever did, or ever could, from the honest upfront selling of software, even though successful non-F2P games always made more than enough, and indeed many still do. But the F2P money-mill is in another league entirely, and now makes more than Hollywood & the entire Music Industry... combined.

Inno is 100% banking on our individual clicks and visits to their Social Media, which in turn enable the recording of our data and the analysis of our online contributions and behaviour, and that's where the big profits in online gaming now truly lie. Money spent in-game, once crucially important to funding, is now more of an added bonus for Inno &c., albeit a markedly profitable one.

In essence : No clicks/online platform use; no data; no analytics; no revenue.

We're all just one click. But we are very many. We DO add up, for good or ill.

... and 'twas ever thus.