• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.41

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the upcoming changes of version 1.41.

We're looking forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser441

Here's hoping for smooth gaming. :) I really hope the notifications issue is resolved.

DeletedUser5050

can I ask you how can you compensate me for playing 30 days and getting 11 of the flourishing caves and not not needing them ? WHAT THE **** ???! WHY I PLAY THIS GAME SO YOU COULD CHANGE YOUR MIND 1 DAY AFTER THE EVENT IS OVER?!??!?!? WHAT ? WHAT ???

DeletedUser5050

Can you please give me an answer !?!?!? Whats going on here ?!!??!? How did you decide to change the only thing i got from this event after spending 30 days and countless hours ? Rearranging the whole city for this and now I got this --- building ?!?!?! Cmon ?!?!?!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2112

Got to agree with you - the changes to the Flourishing Nut Cave are very disappointing - a great culture provider that I spent many nuts on is now a worthless building for me - and no reason given for the change except it is more 'balanced'.

DeletedUser5055

Yes, the changes to the Flourishing Nut Cave are extremely disappointing. I had removed other culture buildings to make room for them - making sure they increased my overall Culture. Now they give me less than what they replaced! They also now need to be on a street! Completely screwed up my city layout and planning - unacceptable.
CHANGE IT BACK (please, please, please).

DeletedUser3542

Can you please give me an answer !?!?!? Whats going on here ?!!??!? How did you decide to change the only thing i got from this event after spending 30 days and countless hours ? Rearranging the whole city for this and now I got this --- building ?!?!?! Cmon ?!?!?!

I totally agree with you that this is not a fair thing, like i said in another post the only fair thing for them to do would be to give people the choice of which version they want that isn't hard to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Timneh

Artisan
There is no point complaining about anything that happens in this game. We know that once they have made up their minds to do something they just do it. They do not care about what players think, players are not important to them even though the game is for the players. It seems that they enjoy changing the things that players find advantageous in the game and making them worse.

DeletedUser4528

can I ask you how can you compensate me for playing 30 days and getting 11 of the flourishing caves and not not needing them ? WHAT THE **** ???! WHY I PLAY THIS GAME SO YOU COULD CHANGE YOUR MIND 1 DAY AFTER THE EVENT IS OVER?!??!?!? WHAT ? WHAT ???

I am a little confused. As you had no way of knowing what the prizes would be, how did you know from the start that you wanted the building on the last day ?

What happens in beta is never guaranteed to make it to the live server, so in reality you could not be 100% sure you would see the building you wanted on the last day until the last day.

DeletedUser4816

I am a little confused. As you had no way of knowing what the prizes would be, how did you know from the start that you wanted the building on the last day ?

What happens in beta is never guaranteed to make it to the live server, so in reality you could not be 100% sure you would see the building you wanted on the last day until the last day.

the value's off the Nutcave were the old ones when it was on as daily prize ... and the notification icon dident work in the morning ....
and u think ppl check that as soon as the log in? i find ur reponds really sad.
ur making it sound like we ''the players'' are the blame here ... unbelieveble ..

edit: why dont u just change it back? to the old values culture only ..
and learn from this, to inform players quicker .. because like sead on the beta it was always ment to be cul/sup .. so after 26days or longer u only saw the problem. and then it took another 3-4 days after that before u sead it was going to change.

DeletedUser3781

As you had no way of knowing what the prizes would be
C'mon Shamy, you know we're all reading spoilers.
What happens in beta is never guaranteed to make it to the live server
Sure, but usually it does, so people were expecting the same as usual :) Sure you can understand why some would be frustrated.

DeletedUser2112

The point is that the description on the last day showed the prize had a 3200 culture value - I placed it in my city and it gave me 3200 culture. Only days later it was changed to 1050 culture plus mana - so is this going to be the norm from now on - promising us a good reward then changing the values afterwards? Seems pointless going for any of the prizes if they are going to be 'balanced' after we won them.

DeletedUser3182

I'm confused and puzzled by Shamy's response, which seem to imply that the players are responsible for not accepting a change that Inno didn't need to make. They could have accepted their error and left the building as it was described - on the day it was put up as a prize - that would be the responsible and professional thing to do.

On the last day on the 'live servers', the nutcave prize showed a culture value by clicking on the image and it was quite clear that the building would give ONLY culture. I gained it as a prize and put it in my city, and it still showed that value of culture only. I didn't see the message in the notification until the day after the event ended. Since I had already won and placed the building and it showed only culture - my assumption was that te notification was inaccurate. What else was I supposed to think, that Inno would change the building after I'd won it, that it would be days later that it would be changed and that a moderator would then imply that the players shouldn't trust what the building shows, since it is subject to random and unexpected changes, without any advance notification.

It doesn't matter whether anyone knew what the prize would be or not - that is irrelevant. What is promised or gained in beta or seen on 'spoiler' forums or sites is also irrelevant. This happened on live servers and apparently after the Inno developers were aware of the error.

A prize is promised and when you get that prize, you expect it to be as described at the time you get it. Not see a delayed notification, which appeared after the event ended - that there will be a change to it at some point in the future.

DeletedUser4528

I'm confused and puzzled by Shamy's response, which seem to imply that the players are responsible for not accepting a change that Inno didn't need to make. .

My response was to a claim that 30 days of work was wasted because 1 item was changed, not to the validity of acceptance.

At the same time as the last item became available, an in game notification was released advising players of the change. So there should not have been no confusion. However, it appears that not all players noticed this, so all I can do is apologise for that.

Timneh

Artisan
This whole issue about the change to the rewards from the building on the last day of the event is more evidence that Beta are not far enough ahead of the live servers. If they were further ahead then the mistake made by Inno would have been noticed and corrected before the event was released on live servers. If Beta were further ahead of the live servers most of the bugs picked up on Beta would not get to live but because they are only 2 weeks ahead even when bugs are found on Beta they are released on live anyway a lot of the time.
@Shamy maybe you are right and some things on Beta do not come to live servers(although i can only think of one) but can you tell us of any event prize that has been changed in the time it takes for it to get from Beta to Live servers ? The spoilers that players use are info from Beta so if any of the prizes were changed it would be very noticeable or the spoiler writers would mention that the change had been made. You seem to be very good at blaming players for things that are actually Innos fault, do you have any perticular reason for doing that ?

Killiak

Artisan
My response was to a claim that 30 days of work was wasted because 1 item was changed, not to the validity of acceptance.

At the same time as the last item became available, an in game notification was released advising players of the change. So there should not have been no confusion. However, it appears that not all players noticed this, so all I can do is apologise for that.

I never saw any notification. Assuming people were informed by means of said notification is obviously a poor assumption.

As for your earlier reply; that person saw a building on the last day, with values that he really liked. He may have taken a gamble on saving his nuts untill the very end and it looked like it turned out like a good gamble.
But as it turns out, we can't even be 100% sure of actually retaining our rewards for the values advertised on the day itself. Imagine the surprise if you aren't an avid forum reader or missed the notification.

And that, dear Shamy, is what all the fuss is about even if you can't seem to wrap your mind around it.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4528

You seem to be very good at blaming players for things that are actually Innos fault, do you have any perticular reason for doing that ?

I do not blame anyone for anything, I just present the facts as I see them, which is all I am able to do. With a little hope that perhaps one person will understand a little better and not be quite so upset. I do this job to help people enjoy their game, to help them smile. That is all.