• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.127

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the update to version 1.127

We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Pauly7

Magus
@Sir Derf Im uber in favour of that one as welll!!!
To be honest, the path highlighting facility is too simplistic to make a lot of difference to how people play. Many people hoped to be able to put a red cross on one particular waypoint to say - don't fill that one... or put a green tick on another waypoint to say - do fill that one. The new path highlight just highlights one single path and doesn't allow for different routes up (i.e. half green, then half blue).

So for my money this doesn't do anything more than the current accepted tradition of turning the FS flag green blue or orange.

Gargon667

Mentor
To be honest, the path highlighting facility is too simplistic to make a lot of difference to how people play. Many people hoped to be able to put a red cross on one particular waypoint to say - don't fill that one... or put a green tick on another waypoint to say - do fill that one. The new path highlight just highlights one single path and doesn't allow for different routes up (i.e. half green, then half blue).

So for my money this doesn't do anything more than the current accepted tradition of turning the FS flag green blue or orange.

It won´t have much use for us or any of the ambitious FS, but as a smallest common denominator I suppose it will help those FS that struggle with doing one path per map. We are talking people that don´t know how FAs work, what they are supposed to do and generally don´t care much about FAs. They now have an easy way of understanding where to put badges (which they before did probably randomly). So in these FS fewer badges will get wasted, therefore it should be easier for them to reach their goal.

Pauly7

Magus
It won´t have much use for us or any of the ambitious FS
Same with us. If they were to do something the only thing I would have gotten use out of is if they let you put an individual red X over a single waypoint. The only direction I need to give is - don't fill that penultimate orange waypoint on map 3.
We are talking people that don´t know how FAs work, what they are supposed to do and generally don´t care much about FAs. They now have an easy way of understanding where to put badges (which they before did probably randomly).
I mean... I'm not saying it's bad. It doesn't hurt that the facility is there and some people might use it, but for those fellowships you're talking about, it's exactly the same difference as turning their FS flag green.

Gargon667

Mentor
I mean... I'm not saying it's bad. It doesn't hurt that the facility is there and some people might use it, but for those fellowships you're talking about, it's exactly the same difference as turning their FS flag green.

Absolutely! Except that those FS never even thought about doing that or ever did enough research on FAs to find the idea somewhere else.
It is an improvement, for the very lowest class of FA playing FS, with an interest level just a bit above zero.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
I have had a read of the description of What is New with the version description when I wanted to upgrade my app version. They talk of Tournament trophies, which Anonglitch did not mention in his notes. What is this all about?

Pauly7

Magus
I have had a read of the description of What is New with the version description when I wanted to upgrade my app version. They talk of Tournament trophies, which Anonglitch did not mention in his notes. What is this all about?
There's a new icon appeared next to the Spire trophies. It's unannounced and we figured it was going to be for a level below bronze in the spire.