• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question Value of multiple cities?

Maximus20

Adventurer
For those who have cities across all 3 worlds, do you see the value in doing so? Is it a good strategy for diamond creation where you run spire in all 3 cities? Also if you have multiple cities do you have a specific strategy/purpose for each city?

Giraffi

Enchanter
I do not see multi cities as a revenue of diamonds for a city on another world. You would still need to play it efficiently and as much as it can gain diamonds from the pool, it can also drain diamonds from the pool. You can try a different strategy with your second, or third, city if you want. No two cities are exactly alike or have the same circumstances, so just doing the same, won’t be the same. My multis do have a primary focus, but they also can do all aspects of the game. Do keep in mind the time you have available daily to spend on the game.

Piglets For All

Soothsayer
Currently running 3 cities, 1 on beta so a different account, the other 2 are on this account - I earn diamonds in the spire and always keep a certain figure as a balance, however yesterday I used 360 diamonds earned on the big city (ch15) to buy a discounted expansion on the small city (360 diamonds, ch2).

I think it depends what your earnings are and whether you're strong enough not to fritter them away on things which could be got by not being so impatient.

Wowwie

Soothsayer
Na I just like meeting many players there is much Value especially with the pandemic to be able to have a Chat in the middle of the night :)

sgjennings

Adventurer
I play in all 3 cities just for 3 x the fun (as each take up so little time in my day, the way I play them).

The unplanned benefits of this are:

- Extra diamonds to spend as I see fit. Yes from the Spire, but best of all from the Magic Academy chests. If you get two 500 diamond chests in two different cities at once, that's pretty handy!

- In Events, if there's a particular building I like the look of (literally the aesthetic look) I have 3 x the chances to get it and be able to place it somewhere

- You can experiment with structuring your city slightly differently, or see what the other "race" is like (my first city is Elven, but one of my others is Human)

Re. different strategies for different cities: I liked the idea of this in theory, but ended up playing pretty similarly in all three because it's just the style I enjoy the most and find the most productive. I have joined FAs in my 2nd and 3rd cities to test what the experience is like, but stay without a Fellowship in my first city as I like to keep it for relaxation with no obligations.

Maximus20

Adventurer
Thanks everyone for your comments. If I win a building and its in my inventory, can I use in any city or just the city I won it in)? Likewise the instants - and they only available in the city you got them or are they available across all cities until its used in one city?