• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Using builders for a bigger variety of actions

DeletedUser667

[Summary]: Adding a new building or tab, where you could use builders for other stuff.

[Have you checked for similar ideas?]: I haven't

[Details]: For example create one book for 2 hours or boost this good production for this long... Or even a whole new concept where you could go dig treasures or collect or do something new with the builders. Offering a basic direction of thought and asking for more ideas and also if you think this sounds nice and could work.

[Reasons for Implementing]: Many players hit a roadblock every once in a while in the game when they can't use their builders. This will offer some more variety and maybe a chance to get out of the roadblock faster.

[Balance]: It will increase interest in upgrading the builder's hut and also remove a feeling of disappointment players may have for having upgrade their BH just so that it's idle. Some thought and extra ideas are needed so that it doesn't offer a better alternative to building.

[Visual Aids]: No

DeletedUser3034

I just don't see it. Since I started the game, I can't think of a time when my builders where idle.

Timneh

Artisan
@gandolfus i suspect you will when you get further into the game, or maybe not depending on the way you play.

I think it might be nice if we could use more than one builder at a time on a building if they are not all busy and the build time is divided by the number of builders working on the building so a 10 hour build would be finished in 5 hours if two builders were working on it.

DeletedUser3034

You may be right, I may encounter idle time later. The 2 on a project concept I like. At my point in development, a MH upgrade effectively stops neighbors from helping me, speeding that up would be good.

DeletedUser2863

I think it might be nice if we could use more than one builder at a time on a building if they are not all busy and the build time is divided by the number of builders working on the building so a 10 hour build would be finished in 5 hours if two builders were working on it.
I like the concept too, but I think speed*builders is overdoing it. Instead of s*b, I imagine that s(sqrt(b)) would be a decent middle ground. That is, one worker works at a 100% speed, two: 141%, three: 173%, four: 200% and five: 224%.
Or, if one worker finishes a building in 10h, then two: 7h 4m, three: 5h 46m, four: 5h, five: 4h 28m.

Because builders can be chatty and the more of them there are, the more they'll have to talk about while working. Also, too many chefs... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Timneh

Artisan
Because builders can be chatty and the more of them there are, the more they'll have to talk about while working.

Don't forget all the tea-breaks they'd need too... more builders would end up taking longer.

No builders that have ever done work for me have ever stood around drinking tea/coffee or talking when they should have been working, that's what tea breaks and lunch breaks are for. They never get left with no one there either.

If we are talking about how things are in the real world then i think that a job the size of a building upgrade would never be done by a single builder, even a one man company would hire in men for a job of that size.

DeletedUser3034

Yes, but in the real world, if that new elven maiden walked by the site, wwork would stop. ;)

Timneh

Artisan
I think if an elven maiden walked past anywhere in the real world everything would stop. :D

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
+1 ;)
It's right you'll need more builders as you'll go further in the game... But I'm starting S&D chapter and mines will stay having a break fo some days before to have something to upgrade... and there are days of mana production to research each settlement buildings before to build each one...

- using more than one on a building could be fun but would require a deeper game redesign... :oops: or not :D
- using builder to complete a quest like hunting treasures (bonus spells, KPs, diamonds, etc) could be implemented thru the quests module :)
- the same through the map using another scout-like module, but using an inactive builder could be rather simple to add :)