• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question Upgrading wonders

Spartus

Adventurer
Hi, just a newbie question, atm I'm just using 3 wonders halls, abyss and needles, I do have lots of others that can be placed on the map but don't need them yet. The question is do I place them on the map so I can upgrade them and then remove them?

QFol2

Conjurer
No, it costs kp to upgrade them so if you plan to remove them after upgrading them, you have wasted kp. The only reason to build a wonder you don't really want is to empty out the broken rune bar so you can then refill it for use in a wonder you do want - the Tome of Secrets is good for this. If you do that, you still don't want to upgrade it - just sell it straight away.

Jake65

Sage
I agree with the KP point above. You'll end up with loads of KP sitting in wonders in your inventory rather than in wonders in your city helping you.
I don't think there's a correct answer as such. My approach is to build wonders when I (think) I need them and then focus my KP on getting them to a high level as quickly as possible.
Some players have lots of wonders but at low levels as their KP is getting diluted between them all.
Wonders at a high level really work for you, low levels not so much in my opinion.
Hope that helps.

MinervaOz

Enchanter
You'll end up with loads of KP sitting in wonders in your inventory rather than in wonders in your city helping you.
You can't put KP into wonders in inventory. You can only fill the rune circle before building them.

The only way to remove an AW is to delete it, and all the KP you've put into it (as well as the runes) will be lost. You can't teleport AWs.

Sir Derf

Adept
To be clearer, when you remove an Ancient Wonder, when you rebuild it, it starts back at Level 1, regardless of how far upgraded it had been when you remove it.

So, consider the usefulness of every Wonder you have.

Some Wonders are great in early game play, are worth placing early and upgrading for a while, but eventually become less important. There's nothing wrong with removing a Wonder if you think it is no longer useful. But again, be sure you aren't going to want it anymore.

Jake65

Sage
You can't put KP into wonders in inventory. You can only fill the rune circle before building them.

The only way to remove an AW is to delete it, and all the KP you've put into it (as well as the runes) will be lost. You can't teleport AWs.
Yes, thanks for the correction. I was confusing teleporting and selling.