• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Upgrading a Building Set

• Thread starter DeletedUser6281
  • Start date

DeletedUser6281

I have a building set, 4 different buildings. If I upgrade one does it still give me all of the "set" bonuses or do they all have to be at the same level?

DeletedUser5532

I have a building set, 4 different buildings. If I upgrade one does it still give me all of the "set" bonuses or do they all have to be at the same level?

You will retain all of the set bonus, the only thing that will change is that you will get more from the building that you upgrade. I have done this to one of my sets in my game.

m4rt1n

Adept
Also the best time to upgrade is right after collection as the upgrade resets the clock on the building concerned.

FieryArien

Necromancer
Some of these upgrades are very useful. I got the Carnival set in S&D chapter. Then in Halflings I found myself hard pressed for seeds, so I upgraded the Marching Band and it started producing seeds. All bonus links remained active exactly as they were, just the production type was changed.

PS: It’s also possible to finish a chapter during a big event and as a result to have part of the set won in the old chapter and part of the set won in the new chapter.

DeletedUser7324

What about the additional benefits when set buildings are connected, do they increase also with an upgrade? I have a building from an (unfortunately incomplete) set which gives me elixir but as it is connected to the other building from that set I also get some scrolls. I am not so much interested in the elixir but in the scrolls, yet I hesitate to upgrade because it doesn't explicitly say there'll be more scrolls too, along with the increase in elixir.

DeletedUser7324

Thanks FieryArien I had a look and found the buildings but I could not see the information whether the upgrades also affect the adjacent building benefit. I guess I'll just try it out and find out ;)

FieryArien

Necromancer
Oh, I misunderstood. I though the scrolls are given by your building thanks to link with another one. My bad.

The answer is no. If you upgrade a building in the set, only its stats/production are modified. That upgrade doesn’t have any impact on the rest of the buildings in the set.

DeletedUser7324

Ah well, then I guess I'll dump it whenever I get a better and complete set giving me the goods I need. Thanks.

DeletedUser7324

I don't have it, as I said the set is incomplete. It's a four piece set of which I have only two. One gives elixir and sand, the other crystal and scrolls, but the sand and the scrolls both are benefits I only get when the two buildings touch. When I look at the upgrade it tells me it's going to increase my crystal (thought it was elixir, but upon checking I saw it was crystal), but it says nothing about the scrolls that I also get each time I harvest my goods. So my guess is that the scrolls probably stay the same, which makes the upgrade less interesting, for me at least.

Deleted User - 341074

@Mullebutz
When you upgrade a set building everything that building produces will increase, including link bonuses from other buildings.
EG If you have these 2 buildings:

Kirit
Gives 1,000 crystal plus 2,000 scrolls from link bonus
Krarak
Gives 1,000 elixir plus 2,000 sand from link bonus

If you upgrade Kirit your crystal and scrolls production will increase, but nothing in Krarak will change.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7324

Ok that was what I was wondering about as the upgrade info only mentions the crystal but not the scrolls so I was hesitating to invest my RR. Thanks!