• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Unbalanced goods usage?

Do you find the usage of goods is unbalanced?

• Yes

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

DeletedUser235

I find that the game is not properly balanced on the usage of goods, but I could be wrong. Lemme explain.

I'm drowning in 3rd tier goods, overflowing in 2nd tier goods, but always low in 1st tier goods.

Why? I think these are the reasons:

- Even if I'm in the last tech tree and it's still asking for 1st tier goods.

- When negotiating encounters, even far away from the city, it's still asking for 1st tier goods.

Either the game was designed like that, and if so, that's fine, we'll adjust our goods manufacturing.

But I thought it would make more sense to ask more 1st tier goods in the first tech colors and more 2nd tier goods in the middle tech colors and more 3rd tier goods in the last tech colors.

Same for encounters, the further away you go from the city, the more it asks you for 2nd and 3rd tier goods.

But again, maybe it's just how the game was designed.

Would it be possible to know if the developers are aware of that and that is simply how they want it?

DeletedUser72

I don't think it's unbalanced. It does look like that the farther along in the game, the more T(ier)1 goods are needed. But the game has not been out that long. People are realizing that you still need those T1 manufacturers and building them up. Goods are the economy of the game. As people see a demand for goods, they will adjust there manufacturing builds in response. I will put up 8+ T1 into market place at night and they will be gone in the morning. And it's all steel.

As for encounters, there is no negotiations. Only death to my enemies! Seriously, you have a point. I can't recall exactly how many provinces I've cleared, but its close to 80. Just now seeing T2 as the main goods to shell out for the relic. And then it's almost always paired with T1.

As for the tech tree, it makes sense that you would need more T1 goods the farther you get into the tree. They are the foundation materials for your city. In a RL house, do you think there is more glass than wood used when building it? Or more electrical wiring verses concrete?

Would be nice if you could sell goods directly to people. Maybe use gold/supplies to balance it. Like a transaction fee. Will have to look into it and see if anyone has suggested it yet. But this is not the thread to discuss that. ;) Anyways, that's my 2 cents on the matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser235

My main thing is that I find the need of 2nd and 3rd tier goods not really increasing as you progress in your city development. It doesn't make sense.

DeletedUser369

Oh, my level 15 houses are sure trying to eat all my T3 goods for sure. And the street upgrades as well. I have noticed trending on the markets as most of us are on similar points in Tree of Knowledge, but I think the market will smooth out when we get new players onboard.

DeletedUser235

Oh, my level 15 houses are sure trying to eat all my T3 goods for sure. And the street upgrades as well. I have noticed trending on the markets as most of us are on similar points in Tree of Knowledge, but I think the market will smooth out when we get new players onboard.

Yes, but that's mid-game. After you are done with your massive of residences, then you only build a few at a time, and you don't need 3rd tier goods as much. I'm talking after that, after mid-game.

DeletedUser195

As all of the members have stated after the OP, all goods will be needed throughout the different tiers of the tree and the game, and as PhorLaughs states, those first tier goods are the backbone of the game. In the last tier of my other city, where I am, getting the tier three goods are my problem, too many needed that are not my boosted goods. Can not find a decent trade for elixer or gems, my cup runneth over with the magical dust, that no one seems to want. I am not in a functional Fellowship there to trade for those goods. Only trades I see are for tier one goods, a few tier two and very rarely tier three. The tier three goods are from players looking to make some kind of profit, like they are play the stock market. I also did not do the specializing in my city either, so that may have been somewhat of a help for me. Maxing out your buildings and researching will get those goods you are overflowing in sooner or later, be patient. Enjoy the ride while you are overflowing.

DeletedUser

Josiah is right if you don't have a Good Team helping you then you are not going to get the goods you need! All ways have Goods Buildings in your city's!

DeletedUser235

Having a good fellowship and the way the goods are used in the game are two separate things.

In Forge of Empires, your techs never ask you for goods that are more than two eras before your current era.

I would expect that Inno use their experience with their other games to make improvements on what they already created, not the reverse.

DeletedUser66

As for encounters, there is no negotiations. Only death to my enemies! Seriously, you have a point. I can't recall exactly how many provinces I've cleared, but its close to 80. Just now seeing T2 as the main goods to shell out for the relic. And then it's almost always paired with T1.

I don't mean to sidetrack here but you can check this out in your building menu - Expansions - Hover over your province expansions. A pop up will appear which shows you how much you have taken and how much until the next expansion.

I'm drowning in 3rd tier goods, overflowing in 2nd tier goods, but always low in 1st tier goods.

Same here. My boosts are marble, silk and gems. I only have one each of the marble and silk and five of my gems (Factories). My strategy is to mass produce gems which I get elixir and magic dust from. Since I have a lot more 3 tier goods than I really need I place on the market for all the other tier goods - at a discount of course.

100 gems/elixir/magic dust for 1300 marble/steel/planks
100 gems/elixir/magic dust for 380 silk/scrolls/crystal

This totals up to 54 market entries as I have 3 of each trade going. The remaining 6 I use to swap gems for elixir and magic dust.

I've never run out of goods since changing over to this strategy.

DeletedUser219

For me, in mid-purple. I find everything asking for crystal (my boosted good is scrolls). I have completed 54 provinces mostly by fighting because the goods required for negotiation are mostly not steel/scrolls, and I need the marble/planks/crystal/silk for building.
Perhaps it's because I'm human, but I feel steel is underused in the building area.