• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Troops and squad size discrepancies

DeletedUser7375

I'm not sure if I'm just being silly but I am a tad confused by how when I recruit new units, the number of available units is not going up in the province battle screen. In fact it only shows the remaining troops left from the original 100 had I never recruited any more troops. Yet for events the number of available troops is over 100 - matching the amount I've recruited, yet the squad size remains at 6, despite owning squad size upgrade 4.
I'm uncertain as to whether this is intentional and I'm just being a little silly but feedback would be appreciated!

DeletedUser5532

It can get a little confusing. There are basically 2 numbers at play, one is the training size, (how many troops you can train at one time), and then the squad size (How many troops take part in your battles),. these are not the same number. and to make things more complicated, when Tournaments are involved, each Tournament will use a differing Squad Size, so the number of Squads you have will constantly change (although the number of individual troops you have will remain constant). Sometimes you could train many batches of troops and yet your squads never seem to change. The truth is, they are changing, but not at a level you can see. EG, they could be changing from 22.1, to 22.2, to 22.3, and all the time you see the display of 22.

Hopefully this helps your confusion

DeletedUser7406

Like Heartman says, there are different values...

What will never change, except you train or loose troops: The total number of units.You can see this number if you go to your barracks, change to "Army Camp" and hover over the different units. A tooltip will pull up and show you the total number of units and there you will see the exact number of units you've built.

Squad sizes in tournament-provinces change, even between different provinces while it's the same tournament.
Squad sizes for normal provinces itself won't change, except you research a squad size upgrade.

You need to consider that you won't train more units if you upgrade the squad size. Without any more/better armories you will train the same amount of units, what could be only a small part of a squad. You need to train 4x 6 basic soldiers, to fill up a single squad with squad size upgrade 3 (24 total / squad).

So if you've never built any more armories or you've never upgraded them while doing squad size upgrades, that's where the numbers go.

DeletedUser7096

Hello @Aethelind,
I'm not sure if I'm just being silly but I am a tad confused by how when I recruit new units, the number of available units is not going up in the province battle screen. In fact it only shows the remaining troops left from the original 100 had I never recruited any more troops. Yet for events the number of available troops is over 100 - matching the amount I've recruited, yet the squad size remains at 6, despite owning squad size upgrade 4.
I'm uncertain as to whether this is intentional and I'm just being a little silly but feedback would be appreciated!

This is because squad size in tournaments change. It will not be the same size that you have in your normal provinces. The first tournament province will always be more easy than others. The more tournament provinces you complete, the more difficult it will be to complete them. You can read more here: wiki - Tournaments.

Regards,
Kakashi-sensei