• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Contact Support Training facilities making units disappear

C-Nymph

Necromancer
I've noticed this a couple times before (not sure exactly when I first noticed it, but at least since 1 week), but every time I saw it I just thought I was going crazy and it was hard to explain what exactly happened. However, as I now noticed it again I tried to reproduce it a couple times (which is utterly stupid if you consider the insane amount of supplies this cost me). So for one final time I thought I'd make a video of it to capture it. I hope the video explains better what happens than my accompanying text, as I find it hard to put to words ;) Bear with me though, as I'm going to do my best to explain what happens.

As I had my brown bear fed, I was speed producing troops in my training facilities with the use of Time instants and Supply Windfall instants (the video is from the Barracks, but this has happened in the Training Grounds and Mercenary Camp as well). I always try to let my supplies run down to close-to-zero, so I can refill it with a 100% Supply Windfall instant without loosing too many supplies from the 'overflow'. In order to do that, I switch between which units to train, as the cost of one golem for instance is different from the cost of one archer. Therefore, training a different unit sometimes helps in getting the supplies closer to zero. Hope that makes sense.

So the video starts with me having two slots filled with my entire training size worth of golems (2x 4853 golems) and one slot filled with 1226 golems, as that's all my supplies would allow at that point. I then had 79 supplies leftover. One golem costs 87 to train, so no more golems possible, so I instead added 12 archers in the other slot, which brings my supplies further down to 9 leftover supplies. Quite close to zero, but I wanted to see if instead of 1226 golems + 12 archers in two slots, I could fill one slot entirely with archers to see if that would bring the leftover supplies even closer to zero. So I proceed to cancel the two last productions, so far so good. I cancel, I get my supplies back.

But here starts the weird part...

As I click on the archers, I accidentally only train 3 archers as I forgot to slide the slider (to select how many units you want to train at once) back to the right as I now had more supplies available. Additionally, those 3 archers were then somehow placed in a slot BEFORE the last golem-filled slot, so I wanted to correct this by cancelling the archers and replacing them with the maximum amount. BUT: as I proceed to click on the 'X' to cancel the archers, the FULL slot of golems also disappears yet I only get back 14 supplies, not the 183570 supplies the golems had cost to train! This has happened a number of times now (and again because I had to try to reproduce it in order to make a video of it), so this bug has cost me well over 1000K in supplies already now!

Sadly, refreshing the page did not make the troops, nor the supplies, reappear...

I've noticed it only happens if you don't slide the slider (to select how many troops to train) back to the right, but let it remain on the left where the game placed it. If you slide the slider to the right to train the maximum possible troops, it fills the correct slot on the right. If not, it fills a slot in between and then you could lose the troops to the right of it if you were to cancel the training of that in between slot.

Here's the video that illustrates my bug report:

Last edited:

C-Nymph

Necromancer
As I tried it again after making this video to make sure I could in fact reproduce it (yes, I know, I've asked myself why about a dozen times too), I noticed something else. Because, as it did in fact happen again, in order to not lose the troops, I tried speed producing all of the slots, so I didn't lose the troops/supplies. After finishing the training of the first slot, I also noticed that the training of those measly 3 archers appears to take 2 hours and 41 minutes...?? My regular training time for the maximum amount of archers in one slot (29130 archers) takes 2 hours and 57 minutes, so something is definitely off here!

2020-08-16_18-11-41.jpg

C-Nymph

Necromancer
BTW, this happened on EN1 Arendyl, I have not (yet) been able to reproduce this on US3 Felyndral.

Pauly7

Magus
That does look really weird.... and really hard to follow what you're talking about, haha.

So it seems to me (correct me if I'm wrong) that the bug is - if you place a very small amount of units in one slot and then put a large amount of units in the next slot, cancelling the small group will make the larger group vanish (with no refund).

C-Nymph

Necromancer
No. The small amount is automatically placed in between the two other slots that had the large amount. Watch the video ;)

Pauly7

Magus
OK I think I get it. Either way it looks broken. I can't try this on mine right now because my internet seems to be down and I don't think I can train a partial load on mobile.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
I would also not advice trying this, as it will cost you supplies (or troops, depending on how you look at it).

Pauly7

Magus
OK, bug confirmed. Yes I get exactly the same thing. I wouldn't know if this is new or not as I don't usually train any number except the maximum amount.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
@Silmaril @Muf-Muf Is this being looked into? I'd like some confirmation that Inno is investigating this, as it's quite a serious bug, especially with the new tourney that is costing us more troops, would be nice if we didn't also simultaneously lose more troops/supplies in the training facilities due to an annoying bug.

Pauly7

Magus
Weirdly I can't reproduce this bug on Beta. Maybe they patched it there already? It is definitely a problem on Live though, and not just the Merc Camp.

Pauly7

Magus
Mind you, I don't have a Merc Camp on Beta and over there it's mentioned specifically as a Merc Camp problem.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
@Silmaril @Muf-Muf Is this being looked into? I'd like some confirmation that Inno is investigating this, as it's quite a serious bug, especially with the new tourney that is costing us more troops, would be nice if we didn't also simultaneously lose more troops/supplies in the training facilities due to an annoying bug.
*cough* *cough*
No, I don't have Covid-19, just trying to get the attention of the Elvenar Team who still haven't replied yet... :rolleyes:

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Glad to see they're at least aware of this... Since I posted it two weeks ago, but there was no response at all until now. So thank you for replying.