• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Trading goods/KP for diamonds

Hello all!

I have an idea on the topic of being able to have more avenues of getting diamonds f2p.

It is pretty simple,

It would be great if Inno could add some kind of merchant in the trader (separate to that of the one for ascended goods) that would offer diamonds for regular goods or sentient goods or even Knowledge points.
I was thinking for the value of KP, it is set at 10 diamonds for 1 kp which is 35 diamonds less than how much Inno values them, and then 5 diamonds per 1 AW instant (so a 20kp instant would be worth 100 diamonds) which is 80% less valuable than what Inno values them at. Now of course this is in an ideal world and I doubt this is realistic to be added in, so I thought there could be an increase in cost like with how the wholesaler works, which resets every 24hrs, or the value of the KP/instants is decreased or most likely if this was to happen.. both!
As for goods/sentient goods I have no value in mind as it would depend greatly on the chapter at which the player is in - for example I have an account in chapter 9 and one in chapter 20 and they both produce
/ make a very similar amount of kp every day where as that chapter 9 account makes a fraction of the goods my chapter 20 account makes.
Of course this isn't refined by any means, but I just wanted to put out the idea just in case Inno did take inspiration and added some form of this into the game.
Anyway thanks for reading and I'm curious to see if ya'll think this is a good idea or not?!! :)

MinervaOz

Enchanter
I am genuinely perplexed as to why people think there aren't enough free diamonds in the game - apart from players in the first five chapters, who genuinely have limited access (and are probably the ones most likely to spend money, out of impatience and ignorance of what's ahead). Some can be obtained with minimal effort - these mainly depend on luck (genies, MO). Then there are the guaranteed sources that require players to put in some effort - completing chapters (yes, I know this isn't an option for end-game players) and climbing the Spire with your FS. Essentially, players have to make the choice about what's important to them.

And in the spirit of be-careful-what-you wish-for: the more free diamonds there are in the game, the less valuable they become. No-one will spend money so Inno will have to find other ways to make encourage people to spend. (They're a business after all, with employees to pay.) We're already seeing this, with the Seasons Pass only being available for real money instead of diamonds, and I suspect this is a trend that will continue.

m4rt1n

Adept
I am genuinely perplexed as to why people think there aren't enough free diamonds in the game - apart from players in the first five chapters, who genuinely have limited access (and are probably the ones most likely to spend money, out of impatience and ignorance of what's ahead). Some can be obtained with minimal effort - these mainly depend on luck (genies, MO). Then there are the guaranteed sources that require players to put in some effort - completing chapters (yes, I know this isn't an option for end-game players) and climbing the Spire with your FS. Essentially, players have to make the choice about what's important to them.

And in the spirit of be-careful-what-you wish-for: the more free diamonds there are in the game, the less valuable they become. No-one will spend money so Inno will have to find other ways to make encourage people to spend. (They're a business after all, with employees to pay.) We're already seeing this, with the Seasons Pass only being available for real money instead of diamonds, and I suspect this is a trend that will continue.

I have to agree here, having played for over 7 years now, diamonds are precious and very useful and there are many aspects of the game that allow you to gain them for free, some players choose to buy them helping fund the company to pay staff and further develop the game, others play for free, that to me is a great combination, and diluting that could destroy a good balance, remember, this is a game where patience is key to play for free.

SkyRider99

Immortal
this is a game where patience is key

[The door flies open and Cardinal Ximinez of Spain enters, flanked by two junior cardinals. Cardinal Biggles and Cardinal Fang.]

Ximinez:
NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is patience ... patience and planning ... planning and patience .... Our two weapons are planning and patience ... and ruthless efficiency .... Our *three* weapons are planning, patience , and ruthless efficiency ... and an almost fanatical devotion to Elvenar .... Our *four*... no ... *Amongst* our weapons .... Amongst our weaponry ... are such elements as planning, patience .... I'll come in again.

1688770939181.png

With acknowledgment to the original script which can be see here, and many other places. :)