• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

[Trader] Fellowship Specific Trading

DeletedUser

The "sharing" solution is the use of prearranged trades.
  1. Mention in fellowship chat that you're stuck. Maybe somebody will be willing to cover a charity trade.
  2. Post a o star trade, which your fellows can pick up for the SAME price as if they had posted an exclusive Fellowship only trade
  3. One of the neighbors may STILL figure it's a better deal than the 5:1 that's offered by the Wholesaler
So you can have your cake, and eat it too. The only feature that's NOT currently available is the ability to create a Fellowship exclusive Slush Fund that would trivialize the game and freeze out the neighbors.

DeletedUser

• Post a o star trade, which your fellows can pick up for the SAME price as if they had posted an exclusive Fellowship only trade
Sorry, but I don't understand what you're referring to with the "SAME price as if they had posted an exclusive Fellowship only trade" part. What same price? What exclusive fellowship trade are you comparing too?

Are you saying that both members need to post a very expensive '0-star' trade so the costs even out in the end? That would be rather risky, and requires something that so far I've seen little of within this game: communication. Wouldn't be bad to actually have use for the mailing and chat systems, but then I've got to wait for (and more importantly hope for) replies and in the end: it's just more complicated than necessary.

DeletedUser

If a strong member
  • BUYS a 0 star trade that's posted at 1:4,
    that's the same transfer as
  • POSTING the reverse 3 star trade at 4:1, and hoping that the "right" weak member will grab it first
The entire point of the private market is that it would limit who could pick up your 3 star trades.
If you're over producing you could still "feel good" about what a wonderful person you are, "look how helpful I am,"
rather than simply listing your excess goods on the open market where they'll be accessible to your neighbors as well.

DeletedUser

I think a lot of players are as dependent upon neighbour trades as they are on fellowship trades. I'm thankful if my neighbours accept my trades and hope they don't mind if I accept theirs.

damon

Adventurer
Two of my neighbours often pick up my trades as I do theirs, but fortunately my fellowship do support each other.
There are of course players who post unfair trades but they are picked up eventually.
Trading I believe is fair . . . 1:1 2:1 4:1.

DeletedUser772

I suspect the tighter the access to good trades is .. the more loopholes will be discovered to gather the goodies available. Better management of special trades seems possible to prevent takes.

By all means lets help fellowships do well ... but how to prevent a joiner trading a while, gathering the rewards and benefits of a new starter and then leaving ? It's their loss of course as most fellowships are awesome but happens.

DeletedUser491

I suspect the tighter the access to good trades is .. the more loopholes will be discovered to gather the goodies available. Better management of special trades seems possible to prevent takes.

By all means lets help fellowships do well ... but how to prevent a joiner trading a while, gathering the rewards and benefits of a new starter and then leaving ? It's their loss of course as most fellowships are awesome but happens.

In this case no one is really seen off. The fellowship member that placed the trade initially placed a fair trade, and still got their return trade.
In reality if this were to happen, it would be no different to someone sniping a fair trade on the current market.

The effort though of hopping fellowships, just to search for fair trades is ridiculous!

DeletedUser

I see an issue mostly with people using it to trade with themselves using multiple accounts. It's funny how when I suggested having a limited friend system to make people who have inactive or unhelpful neighbours less at a disadvantage, I was accused of "wanting to have multiple accounts", yet no one can see that this would benefit people who use multiple accounts considerably more. I also think it would make neighbours even more useless than they currently are.

DeletedUser

A bit off topic, but still: In all honesty - taking into account the lack of active players (=neighbours) around me on Winyandor - I'd be happy to have people making multi-accounts. Just for the fact that there would actually be more active cities around... 4 out of 50 discovered neighbours are active around me and that's just sad really.

Back on topic again: Yes, this could be exploited to aid multi-account users. However, as Katwijk explained above, you can just post a 0 star trade and accept that with your dummy account to ensure you get the trade. Works the same way really.

The reason I continue to support this feature is because it gives the option to post a fair trade to only fellows when that's what you want to do. It's a simple feature and can be 'balanced' by limiting the amount of fellowship only trades you can offer at one time.

DeletedUser

On your off topic, I have the same problem on Winyandor which was why I thought it might be an option for them to let us have x number of people we add as friends which offer the same benefits as neighbours.

DeletedUser718

If the Devs don't allow this, what about a checkbox to indicate that the trade is ideally for outside the fellowship only, this would enable fellowships to bring in goods from their world map neighbours to make up for shortfalls in goods.
Not to prevent fellowship members from taking the offer, just to Indicate it is for outside to bring shortfall goods in?

At the moment there is no way to do this, other than relying on fellowship members reading posted messages.

DeletedUser2006

I think its now time for this. The lack of higher players means we need to accept newbies to dying fellowships. We want to be able to help them grow as fast as they can and one way to do this is to have always available trades they need to progress when they have the time to login and play. We all dont play at the exact same time. We are all frustrated with setting up small trades that help them to only be taken by players outside the fellowship.

Time to push Inno to implement an already existing feature in their sister game.

DeletedUser

In Winyandor I'm in a fellowship that was a split off from one with an inactive mage and several inactive members; largely dis-functional. We've bought in people from smaller fellowships. In the process of developing a new fellowship, recruiting wasn't done in as balanced a way as it could have been. We are plank heavy. We will avoid adding to it should we be looking for new members, but we are currently full and all active. In the meantime it's pretty essential that we have access to neighbour trades. I'm fortunate that I have one neighbour who is good for marble and a couple of others for steel.

When loading trades I range my offers 100, 200, 300, 400. 500, 1000... starting with the smaller amounts to some value and working up. My hope is that there is something there for everyone. Within both fellowships I belong to we distribute a list of who has what boosted relics so people know to approach if in need. We regularly use the chat window to advise if we have trades up we'd like help with and we generally try to accept trades within fellowship first.

I can see benefits in being able to trade purely within fellowship, but I can see how it could cause issues. I have a number of active neighbours who aren't in a fellowship at all. I could see independent players being at a disadvantage.

DeletedUser2089

I agree with Katwijk (et al) - having a feature that only allows fellowship members to trade between themselves means that other players, especially newer ones, are excluded from a critical part of the game and access to much needed non-boosted goods. Everybody complains about the empty city spaces but doesn't want to help new starters (who might find the game 'too tough' or slow and therefore abandon the game).

When I was looking for a fellowship, I applied to those fellowships which did NOT have any members in my immediate vicinity (and politely declined requests / invitations from close neighbours to join their fellowship). This means that my 'pool' of possbile trades is potentially bigger; consisting of the FS members AND all the cities in my neighbourhood. As I have expanded my neighbourhood, the number of trades available to me has grown a lot - currently there are sometimes 25 - 30 pages of trades with good variety including cross-tier trades.

It is only the discovered neighbours who get the two star trades (no trading fee) and the other cities in the neighbourhood pay a trading fee in a one star trade (assuming the trade was put up on a 1 : 1 basis on a same tier good). Obviously, the members of my FS get priority for trades but I do sometimes accept the small one star trades for my boosted goods (paying a trading fee) with the small players in my neighbourhood . If it helps them to stay in the game and give me a neighbour to discover in the future (and get full neighbourly help benefits/culture polishing/trades in non-boosted goods when my FS is in need), then I'm happy to do this.

I am fortunate that I am part of a great fellowship who communicate with each other. Many of the members advise when they are putting up trades in the chat and email functions so that members who are online at the time can get those trades and smaller players are encouraged to ask if they need anything. Implementing a fellowship-only trades feature will reduce the necessity of commicating between fellowship members (and shut out all other players) and it creates insular fellowships and silo thinking.

I support a style of play that is more open and cooperative - and I do not want to play a game that is all about conflict and aggression (the majority of these types of games are about conflict and aggression). As far as I can see, some of the most successful fellowships seem to be the ones that encourage communication and cooperation between members. Further, the smaller players could use the chat function to ask for trades in the goods they need - this would encourage communication.

DeletedUser

I agree with Katwijk (et al) - having a feature that only allows fellowship members to trade between themselves means that other players, especially newer ones, are excluded from a critical part of the game and access to much needed non-boosted goods. Everybody complains about the empty city spaces but doesn't want to help new starters (who might find the game 'too tough' or slow and therefore abandon the game).

Totally agree. This game does not need options that restrict trading. The less open the trading is, the quicker this game dies.

DeletedUser363

Something else I would like, totally off course would be the ability to 'hide' trades from people you don't want trades from......those that fill several pages of the trader with 0 star trades for the fun of it (or to , as someone told me, store extra goods till they wanted them!!):eek:

DeletedUser

Something else I would like, totally off course would be the ability to 'hide' trades from people you don't want trades from......those that fill several pages of the trader with 0 star trades for the fun of it (or to , as someone told me, store extra goods till they wanted them!!):eek:
I call that "balancing", I have over 450k of my goods so I periodically pick up trades or put them up in order to push up my nonboosted goods as I'll be needing them in the future.

DeletedUser363

I call that "balancing", I have over 450k of my goods so I periodically pick up trades or put them up in order to push up my nonboosted goods as I'll be needing them in the future.

The ones I mean are the players have told me they don't want the trades taking, they just want to put their goods away from the MH so they don't get used!!, Then they cover 6 pages of the trader with 0 star trades

DeletedUser

The ones I mean are the players have told me they don't want the trades taking, they just want to put their goods away from the MH so they don't get used!!, Then they cover 6 pages of the trader with 0 star trades
eww not seen that at all, yes please give us a tick box so we can hide the ones we don't want to see!

DeletedUser

+1

I doubt it would harm trading at all. Neighbours are so scarce anyway and getting worse.