• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Town images missing

firerock

Enchanter
Game version: __0.24.808-6be10df-(master) (2015-09-08 10:43)
Game world: __Arendyll
Browser + version: __IE11 11.0.9600.17914 (update version 11.0.21)
Flash Player version: __18.0.0.232
Operating System: __Windows 7
Screen resolution: __1920x1080
Account name: __firerock
Humans or Elves: __Elves
Hardware Acceleration: ON

Reproducibility: __2/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: __ (if applicable) N/A

Current situation:
not sure if this is related to the other thread I started today here
but I restarted my browser after it hung, and when I logged in I got no images for my town

Expected situation:
__the building should show as normal
__

Reproduction Steps:
1. __ logged in after restarting browser after a hang
2. __ I get the attached screenshot
3. __
4. __
5. __

has happened before usually in conjunction with a hang

Screenshots of the bug:

index.php

Attachments

• elvenar - notown.JPG
    elvenar - notown.JPG
    337.7 KB · Views: 321

DeletedUser66

After each update it is recommended you do a hard refresh on the game so you clear the cache otherwise there can be conflicts after the change. Hold CTRL and press F5 and see if this solves your problem.

firerock

Enchanter
thanks, but no it still happens, but I'm convinced it happens due to the map hang (see other bug)

firerock

Enchanter
Yes I'm absolutely convinced this is down to the memory maxing out and failing to load any more images.
As this is also the problem with provinces failing to load and returning after finishing battles. I think you can probably associate this with the other one raised (in confirmed)

DeletedUser

I have a similar phenomenon when visiting neighbours, it randomly doesn't display the town hall. Re-entering map view and going back to the same town fixes it.

DeletedUser277

I experienced this for the first time yesterday, or at least a variation of this issue. Just one level 2 residence disappeared. However I was able to interact with it to upgrade it and the problem went away.

DeletedUser514

I have some, but not all, town images not showing as of a week or so ago. This happened once before but resolved itself somehow. Rather discouraging when I try to built up coins.

DeletedUser1316

I have some, but not all, town images not showing as of a week or so ago. This happened once before but resolved itself somehow. Rather discouraging when I try to built up coins.

Hi tommy -

Have you done a cache clear since the update to v0.33? If not, can you try doing that for me.

Also, what browser as you using? Do you get the errors on a single browser or do they seem to pop-up on additional browsers as well?

DeletedUser417

Same happened to me last night in Edge, I clear cache couple of times per day. I got the same as Slotharingia at a neighbors city, then I reloaded and it was happening to my own city. I just switched to Chrome. This morning everything was fine again in Edge.

DeletedUser1316

Is this issue still occurring for those of you that reported it?

DeletedUser1539

I'm experiencing this issue too. Well for me maybe, this is due to my gradual slowing of internet connection("Fluctuation"), many bookmarks and caches causing my browser to slow down. When visiting neighbors' buildings appear slowly and have to wait few seconds or so, sometimes i really need to reload it. If it's from the game itself I hope this issue will be fixed soon and if it's from connection then I just have to deal with it. ;)

DeletedUser1316

I'm experiencing this issue too. Well for me maybe, this is due to my gradual slowing of internet connection("Fluctuation"), many bookmarks and caches causing my browser to slow down. When visiting neighbors' buildings appear slowly and have to wait few seconds or so, sometimes i really need to reload it. If it's from the game itself I hope this issue will be fixed soon and if it's from connection then I just have to deal with it. ;)

Slow image loading would indeed be something on your end. In this report, the images would not load at all. :)