• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Tournament.

IamMiky

Seeker
I would love to see the map/layout of each battle in tours, it would save me the time of sending in one troop to see what enemies are placed where and the obstacle layout, so much time waste having to take a look first, 3.5yrs doing it and its wearing really thin, its so easy to do, thank you!

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Thanks, @IamMiky
That is an interesting suggestion, and it has been made before. While a bit of mystery about how you will face your battle terrain-wise, we will give our developers a nudge and see what is in their minds!

Gargon667

Mentor
I love the idea of course, but I am wondering how they would implement it. On the browser screen there is a lot of space of course, but on the App it seems a bit difficult to get it.

IamMiky

Seeker
I am afraid I don't see it as a mystery at all ,if you blindly attack you will be hit very hard, you could have a wall with only 1 exit where frogs or the other 8x1 would decimate you I have fought for 3+yrs even when doing 70 provs took for ever, I just find it really frustrating-having to send in one cheap archer to take a look and out again and in again to pick army and in again to fight, where would you ever blindly attack or set troops without knowing the battle field, you already get to pick the battle field, lest you could do is let us see it-come on-why would I place a mage (maybe 7000+) in front of a 3x4 archer ,or use at all if the B...h 4x4 has an open field and WILL destroy the whole troop, no-its not a playful mystery its suicide or stupid, I just hate the clicking all the time for something you could easily show, even better would be to let us view and select troops at same time, then fight all one fluid movement-thanks for letting me have my two pennies worth.

Deleted User - 341074

I am wondering how they would implement it. On the browser screen there is a lot of space of course, but on the App it seems a bit difficult to get it.
Like this:
preview 1.png

or this:
preview2.png

Credit to @yogidave and @fayeanne from US forums
we will give our developers a nudge and see what is in their minds!
Perhaps include the above?

IamMiky

Seeker
Thats a possibility-my thinking was/is a little simpler in that you just go to 'fight' and when there you can see everything-as you do now-but instead of having already picked your troops before you just do it then and carry on, that way there is no real work required for the programmers. And less excuse/reason not to do it-unless they just want to be mean ;-)

Deleted User - 341074

Honestly, if it wasn't something I could see on the troop selection screen then it would be useless to me.
I would never go through the load times required to scout it. If I wanted to do that I would just send a stack of archers every encounter.

IamMiky

Seeker
No idea what you are talking about! You could see EVERYTHING. And if you would rather send a stack of archers blind-good luck to you,you won't get far.

Pauly7

Magus
Thats a possibility-my thinking was/is a little simpler in that you just go to 'fight' and when there you can see everything-as you do now-but instead of having already picked your troops before you just do it then and carry on, that way there is no real work required for the programmers. And less excuse/reason not to do it-unless they just want to be mean ;-)
This would be no good if it meant that everyone wanting to auto-fight would have to wait for the battle screen to load up with each encounter.

IamMiky

Seeker
This would be no good if it meant that everyone wanting to auto-fight would have to wait for the battle screen to load up with each encounter.
No it would not,why is this so difficult for people to understand..when there is a tour you have no's 1..2..3 etc when you click on it you go to where you pick your troops then press auto fight if you want...instead of that if it went STRAIGHT to the battle field instead-you could see where everything was,select your troops and click auto fight if you want.

Deleted User - 341074

why is this so difficult for people to understand..
Dude, we understand what you are saying, it's just flawed.
The loading of the battlefield takes longer than loading the troop selection screen.
Like 5 seconds vs instant.
And then another 5 seconds to reload the world map after the fight.
The simple terrain map that I posted above could be added to the troop selection menu and would be WAY faster.
5 seconds might not sound like much but you are basically reverting us back to a tournament that would be as slow as the 4 encounters one was or even slower.

EDIT: as a test, I just did 22 provinces in round 3 on the browser in 2m 50s
Add in a 4-second load in and out of maps for each encounter and the time it takes me to do this goes up by 100%!

Last edited by a moderator:

Gargon667

Mentor
Like this:
View attachment 5037
or this:
View attachment 5038

Credit to @yogidave and @fayeanne from US forums

Perhaps include the above?

As I said not too big trouble including this in the browser troop selection screen, but where on the Apps troops selection screen would you include this? especially if you want it in a size that actually lets you see anything...

Of course going into the actual fight screen is an absolute no-go (doesn´t even exist on the App). Would be an insane waste of time for autofighting which is 99% of all fights. So the info definitely has to go on the troop selection screen (or the one before)

Gargon667

Mentor
Not too bad really. In spire/tourney the enemy only has 5 squads max, so the empty 3 spots should be obsolete? Maybe they keep them, because the province encounters can still have up to 8 squads?
Anyway I would like it. My screen isn´t as big as this screenshot, but still I think the most important info could be visible.