• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Too many *small* trades

SkyRider99

Immortal
Trading goods can be fun. I get that. But why on earth do some players regularly clutter up the Trader with excessive numbers of tiny trades? Can't their minds grasp the concept of numbers bigger than 1,000?

I suggest that the Trader only accept a limited number of trades that are posted for the same goods/transaction. For example, 5 or 10 maximum.

Ridiculous use of Trader example:

1700785172937.png
1700785216113.png
1700785257290.png

It's especially annoying when I would like to accept the goods offered. I will not sit and mindlessly click on dozens of tiny bids though! :mad:

dennise

Soothsayer
When I see lots of small trades for the same amount I usually message and remind them that bigger trades will still get accepted and will take a lot less clicking. This approach usually works.

Jake65

Sage
The accounting software I use pops up a warning message whenever a duplicate transaction is entered and I have to click OK to move on.
This could work work in the trader, after eg 10 matching trades you have to click away an annoying notification to keep placing the same trade.
Admittedly a bit passive-aggressive but at least it wouldn't be an Inno-imposed limit as such, just a dissuasion.

Gavranokt

Dreamer
... bigger trades will still get accepted and will take a lot less clicking...
Huh. It's funny to me, until recently I was making big offers only, but as the time was passing and many of my offers weren't being accepted, and as I was looking at these small trades that are there all the time, I thought to myself that it was a good strategy and started doing it too! Didn't think I would be a bother, since they never bothered me, at least not much. Gonna consider going back to my old ways.

Lelanya

Mentor
Yep I will not accept more than 5 trades from a random player, 10 from an old friend or dear fellow. In fact I post even  bigger trades of my own, to test and see how quickly they'll get snatched up. If I was posting 250K I may step it up to 500K, for example. I only ever accept trades of 500 from a city I can clearly see is in early chapter 3. I never accept wee trades from cities that I know are only a chapter or two behind me, I mean, what's that all about?

Vishar

Alchemist
I try to post trades for all levels of play e.g. 2 x 1k. 2 x 2k, then 2 x 5k, 2 x 10k (mostly doubling the quantity) and at the fairly lowly chapter I'm in, up to 50k per trade. I find that the smaller trades are snapped up very quickly and if I want a rapid result, that's the way to go. I also remember feeling that the very large trades were disheartening when starting out. The game is for all players, not just the largest.

McBratty

Enchanter
I have to agree that clicking through page after page of small trades is annoying and a dreadful waste of time. I like the idea of messaging the person with a friendly suggestion to increase the amount of each trade.
While I realize those trades may be put up for those in their fellowship who still have small cities they should limit the number they put up just to be polite to other traders.

Jake65

Sage
When my city was much smaller I also used to put up lots of small trades until a kind neighbour said "put up bigger trades, someone will take them". It worked :)
I think at the time I was maybe 'intimidated' by larger trades in the context of what my manus could produce. I agree with @dennise , send a friendly message and it will probably change the way a player uses the trader.