• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Timon & Rike Q&A October 2017 (edited)

Jackluyt

Shaman
Here are answers to some questions about the recent game changes that may have been puzzling and frustrating you!

This is something that you MUST share with friends, fellowships and neighbors - any one who wants to understand the inner workings of the game!!

In this edited video of the October Q&A session, the design team discusses:

1. Changes to the Crystal Lighthouse / Bell Spire 0:49
2. New Guest Race (not a high priority for Timon) 3:24
3. Increased value of military Event buildings (five day expiry) 4:29
4. The Mobile App (coming soon) 5:14
5. Using Blueprints to upgrade Event Buildings 5:40
6. City Expansions 6:38
7. When is the next Fellowship Adventures? 8:11
8. Diamond Rewards 8:41
9. A Museum building – to display your deleted Event buildings 9:25
10. Ask Timon and Rike! 10:22
11. Crystal Lighthouse / Bell Spire Comments: 12:11​

Pauly7

Magus
Jack, your solution is all very well... and you've said it before... but it will fall on deaf ears which is made clear by the fact that Timon spouted the same nonsense reason for the Bell Spire / Lighthouse change that Marindor came out with to begin with... a piece of nonsense that the mods have told us the developers have already admitted was a lie.

They won't give more chests. They won't change this AW back. They won't do anything else to improve it. Why? Because the reason they changed it was to stop people getting the rewards that they previously got, so they're not going to now implement any change that involves people getting more again.

Actually, now that I think about it I'm annoyed...A while ago one of the mods said that they do read everyone's comments on this forum. Were that true then Timon wouldn't have come out with that ridiculous rehash of the previous statement, as he did.

So I'm back to thinking that all these comments and suggestions are meaningless.

Last edited by a moderator:

Timneh

Artisan
Timon states that most players only do like 10 visits so they do not really get much benefit from the BS/CL but surely that is down to their own choice. They chose to build the AW and they can choose to do as many visits as they want to do. To me making the AW more valuable to the players that do very few visits is the reverse of what they should have done. I would still like to know what figures they get the data from because if they use all cities on the map the figures are going to be WAY off because of all the inactives that have not yet been removed.
As for the next FA, well they must have got something really screwed up with that if like he said they are still working on a fix for it and can only say that the next one will be sometime this year. Maybe they should have done a bit more development on it or tested it a bit more but they just rushed it out the same as they do with all the new stuff.

DeletedUser441

Quote by Timon : " The Ancient Wonder we are talking about ..." I'd have greater confidence in "presenters" if they knew the names of the AWs that have been affected. :( :mad: :rolleyes: I think more time playing this game gives a far better insight, though I suppose there are better things to do in life ; especially if you're quite young and living in a vibrant city with a great social life. ;) :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Pauly7

Magus
Timon states that most players only do like 10 visits so they do not really get much benefit from the BS/CL but surely that is down to their own choice
The statement is also just not true. As I have said before if they counted only active players who are owners of the Bell Spire / Lighthouse, I absolutely guarantee that almost none of them were doing less than 10 visits a day.

It's pointless to debate though. We already know that the statement is made up so no reason to think that the stats aren't too.