• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered time change question #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser4149

my post " time change question #2" was marked as answered.
so that means - no, none of the moderators on this forum are willing to tell the game makers that they made an error changing their clocks early and that we, as their customers, don't deserve to be notified the next time they change their clocks in germany, right? that's my understanding from the feedback i received.

is this because it's too much trouble to bother helping non-european players, like myself, or is it because the moderators are afraid to tell the game makers that they made a mistake? keep in mind, that 4 other players experienced this error. it's very doubtful that all of us are wrong.

to clarify things, my questions were-
WILL SOMEONE W/ SOME AUTHORITY TELL THE GAME MAKERS THAT THEY CHANGED THEIR CLOCKS AHEAD OF THE EU STANDARD?
Yes, but the tournament was 1 hour shorter last week for some reason.

In the UK it had been finishing at 9pm and I missed out on more points also due to the 8pm finish on Saturday.

I believe Inno changed their clocks about a day earlier than they should have been changed.
and WILL THEY ALSO ASK THEM TO NOTIFY THEIR INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY THE NEXT TIME GAME CLOCKS CHANGE?

i think these are fair and relevant requests.
this effected and was reported by other players besides me and m4rt1n.
also, this not only effects tournaments, but also decay times for mana, seeds, and several goods.
there's going to be another time change in the fall

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser219

And there will be another time change in the Spring following that, and, to my knowledge, there are NO game companies that notify changes in their online time.
I have played a multitude of online games, and it is a good thing that I pay attention to the world around me, because I have NEVER received a notification that the time was about to change.

As has been explained elsewhere, the Tournament was not shortened. It started 1 hour early (for most of us) and ended one hour early, resulting in exactly the same duration.

If you rush in at the last minute having paid no attention to the countdown timer, which showed the accurate time remaining throughout, and find suddenly that you do not have the time to do what you wanted to do, it is your own bloody fault, for not having paid attention.

DeletedUser4149

And there will be another time change in the Spring following that, and, to my knowledge, there are NO game companies that notify changes in their online time.
I have played a multitude of online games, and it is a good thing that I pay attention to the world around me, because I have NEVER received a notification that the time was about to change.

As has been explained elsewhere, the Tournament was not shortened. It started 1 hour early (for most of us) and ended one hour early, resulting in exactly the same duration.

If you rush in at the last minute having paid no attention to the countdown timer, which showed the accurate time remaining throughout, and find suddenly that you do not have the time to do what you wanted to do, it is your own bloody fault, for not having paid attention.
not only does it seem ridiculous to expect international players to know when the time is going to change in germany, this also appears to be a change in policy from previous years when times weren't changed-
Checking the start time of this weeks tourney, it has moved forward 1 hour, to compensate for European Daylight Savings being introduced at the weekend so here in the UK will start at 6pm

just because none of the other games that you've played notified their players of a time change, that doesn't seem like a good policy on an international server where american players, like myself, were clearly invited by the fact that they use an american flag as half of the symbol for this server.
it also doesn't seem like it would be too much trouble to notify us next time they change times on us. there are a lot less significant changes announced regularly on the release notes. that would be much easier and more fair than for the game makers expect us to check tournament start and stop times every single week. the game makers should also feel some sort of responsibility to create an even playing field for all of their players. by not telling us they were going to change their times, they put all of their players outside of their own country at a disadvantage. coming from where i come from, maybe i have higher expectations of equality? that's why i don't see this as fair to expect foreigners to know when germany is going to have daylight savings time, especially when they are going to change their clocks before the rest of the EU.

DeletedUser4149

I think @Dizzy Lizzie the question is why has Inno changed its server times from UTC where they have been as long as I have played to UTC +1, as they have never done so in the past and it has caused some confusion.
sorry i posted the wrong quote above

DeletedUser4149

Yes, but the tournament was 1 hour shorter last week for some reason.

In the UK it had been finishing at 9pm and I missed out on more points also due to the 8pm finish on Saturday.

I believe Inno changed their clocks about a day earlier than they should have been changed.

the facts are-
they did change their clocks ahead of schedule
they didn't notify us that they were going to change them
the people on their facebook page are unaware that there was an error made by changing them at the wrong time
and they probably didn't change them on us in past years
and this will probably happen again this fall if steps aren't taken to correct the situation

DeletedUser5532

I believe that the devs changed the time, because they wanted to. As simple as that. Inno do not have to justify their reasons for changing a part of their game. It is a business and they make changes to suit that business. There should be no expectations for that company to justify and explain every little change. It can be (very) frustrating when a game we have invested in (in both time and money) changes, but these are changes that we have to adapt to.

davemc

Bard
I agree that notification should have been given but as there are over 24 different time zones how do they please everybody. After reading on google some states in e US are even debating the changes to their own time zone. So will it end up you have even more time zones in US than there is currently. I am sure the change was done to benefit the majority of players

m4rt1n

Adept
I agree that notification should have been given but as there are over 24 different time zones how do they please everybody. After reading on google some states in e US are even debating the changes to their own time zone. So will it end up you have even more time zones in US than there is currently. I am sure the change was done to benefit the majority of players

Pleasing everyone is by keeping the server time at UTC year round like it was for the entire history of the game before they decided to alter the server time unexpectedly in mid March this year.

Pauly7

Magus
And there will be another time change in the Spring following that
I don't believe there ever has been a time change before this occasion.
and, to my knowledge, there are NO game companies that notify changes in their online time.
Even if that is true it would still be a handy and easy thing for any game devs to do.

As I said before I think this was an accidental fubar with Inno's clocks. That is why there was no notification and why it was the first time it happened.

@yo momma love me You have to stop hoping for replies out of those devs though. Two years ago we would get very occasional messages and info from them. At some point between then and now they must have all just walked out or something, though, and let the game run by itself taking its own decisions. It will soon take over like Skynet.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
I'll quote my post from the other thread on the same topic here, and would like to ask you to continue any further discussion in that thread if there is a need. I'll close this one. :)

The EN server (Elvenar International) has been on UK time since it first started. With the change to daylight saving time, the hour was also changed here on EN, which was on 31 March indeed.

However, the Tournaments - which I believe you are referring to here - are scheduled in a different system, based on UTC (don't ask why, it's just the way it is). That also means that, if we want to make sure that the Tournaments start at the same time (actual time, not UTC), we have to reflect that change in the system that schedules the Tournaments to be "off" by 1 hour for the duration of the daylight saving time. It turned out that this correction already started 1 week early, meaning that one single Tournament (the Steel Tournament that started on 26 March) both started and ended 1 hour earlier than what could have been expected.

We thought that this would not cause any major issues, but it turned out that we were wrong, judging from the feedback we received not only on Elvenar International, but also on our other language versions. We now know how important these times are to our community, and will keep that in mind for the future. Our apologies that we had not adjusted it for that one Steel Tournament in March.

Status
Not open for further replies.