• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question Thoughts on best use of royal restorations and blueprints

Maximus20

Adventurer
Hi all,

Since joining an active Fellowship I am now regularly getting blueprints and royal restorations. I am wondering what people's think the best buildings are to use these on. I'm thinking magical residences and workshops and maybe some event buildings.

Was also thinking of upgrading my witches hut as I really like the frogs it gives me (as I am only in Chapter 6 this is the only way I get them) but its only at level 4 so not sure its worth spending so many restoration points on vs blowing it up and replacing it with another event building that is a later chapter

Lelanya

Mentor
Hi there Maximus
You are on the right track. The first use for blueprints is for upgrading premium buildings. The second use is to craft RRs. I use them on unique buildings: Spheric Stub, Ice Mountain Troll, Tower of the Winter King.
Or on buildings that I plan to keep like my Arch of Triumph collection.
Or on buildings that are relevant like Evolving Buildings. These buildings are hard to build from scratch and get to a decent level, but we will be gaining a chance to play for more Artifacts in the future. I have upgraded my Mermaid and yep, Witches ' Hut, also Brown Bear.

Gargon667

Mentor
Well, upgrade all the ones you don´t plan on selling :D

The most important Magic building upgrade would be the WS in chapter 15, but if that is not where you are it doesn´t matter much but generally you get more from upgrading the highest level building you have already, so max out the big ones you have before starting on a low level one.

For RR spells. I always went for all the buildings that give troops first (Brown Bear, Wise Golem, Witch Hut), then for Goods producers, like Jesters Tavern, May Tree; Mermaids etc. then for Pop heavy evolving buildings/sets.

I never upgrade stuff I can just craft again or normal event daily prizes that can easily be replaced the next month with something similar.

cwgiii

Shaman
All very good info.

If you do get to the point that you are looking to upgrade event structures, it helps to compare these structures at different levels to plan ahead (which ones are worth the upgrade longer term, which ones are more unique than others, etc.)

I personally keep track of the structures I win (plus the ones that I don't, just to know which ones recur), with data on level, culture, pop, goods/troops provided, etc. This info is also available in multiple locations like Elvengems and Elven Architect. Elven Architect has lists that can help you compare these structures at different levels. Many are associated with seasonal events (annually).

Of course, Inno can always add a new unique structure or start providing an existing unique structure more often (which would render it a waste to upgrade). But, doing the research helps you make an informed decision.

Giraffi

Enchanter
To be realistic, unless you are going to stay on the same chapter level for a very long time, unlikely that you will be able to upgrade all culture buildings you like. Back to making choices ...