• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

This is strange huh

DeletedUser3337

Did you notice the names on the worldmap that look very simular?
I understand that some seek the right boosts as they start and I do realise that some use number behind their nickname (birthday or whatever)

But this is quite strange. For example:
-Sparkly (with numbers) appears with 76 accounts having 0 ranking points and 100+ accounts with more points.
-Merciful (with numbers) has 100+ accounts
-Awesome (with numbers) has 100+ accounts
-Fearless (with numbers) has 100+ accounts

And many more examples (added with these numbers):
Fanstastic, Fabulous, Victorious, Scandalous, Enchanted, Exuberant, Luxuriant, Dynamic, Knowing, Great
Wizard, Seeker, Master, Traveler, Explorer
Blossom, Rainbow, Summer, Winter, Sunrise, Moonlight, Golddust, Lightning

@Muf-Muf

@Dizzy Lizzie or
@Rilian ...
What is this? I will never sleep again if I do not know the answer to this puzzle :/

DeletedUser3097

Oh no...

I found 2 pages of Lizzies- are they me? Are they imposters? Am I me? I'm definitely getting Dizzy here....

But only one Pimpy...

So why do people choose the names they do?

DeletedUser3337

I am talking about this:

Sparkly2564,Sparkly234,Sparkly5455,Sparkly6855,Sparkly6555,Sparkly4566,Sparkly5456,Sparkly3566,Sparkly6599,Sparkly5485,Sparkly4669,Sparkly5588,Sparkly8621,Sparkly5589,Sparkly7896 (etc 200x and more)
Exuberant5466,Exuberant6556,Exuberant3546,Exuberant155,Exuberant6479,Exuberant3256,Exuberant3256,Exuberant1565,Exuberant6978,Exuberant315,Exuberant etc etc
Luxuriant1586,Luxuriant3566,Luxuriant3455,Luxuriant6565,Luxuriant8456,Luxuriant21566,Luxuriant6564,Luxuriant97866,Luxuriant5663,Luxuriant32233,Luxuriant4566,Luxuriant1233 etc etc

Thousands and ongoing ... with 0-100 rankingpoints or some a bit more.
It is not about choosing a name, or if they are imposters or push-accounts, that was not my point.
If I for example search Exuberant, I get 24 pages of Exuberant2158 or whatever number.

I get 9 players with Lizzie, that does indeed look normal.
Well you get my point, there are no 35 pages of Lizzie2566, Lizzie5159,Lizzie5665

Last edited by a moderator:

cwgiii

Shaman
Pimpy,
I personally think you already nailed it:

some seek the right boosts

And there may be other reasons, but you would probably have to ask the account owners for specifics.

I think Lizzy's point is that there may be as many reasons as there are names. Who know's. The admins would simply be speculating even if they had "The Answer".

DeletedUser3337

Exuberant had so many email accounts that he was able to create all those game accounts? 24 pages full?
If this was about 50 game accounts ok, it would not have gotten my attention, but this is about thousands game accounts and on Winyador there are 54260 game accounts

---
*giggles*

Ok I took a closer look
Sparkly 32 pages
Glitter 87 with 0 points, 87 with 1-100 points, 29 pages with 'Glitter' players
Merciful 94 with 0 points, 97 with 1-100 points, 29 pages with 'Merciful' players
Awesome 108 with 0 points, 95 with 1-100 points, 35 pages with 'Awesome' players
Handsome 100 with 0 points, 82 with 1-100 points, 29 pages with 'Handsome' players
Fearless 81 with 0 points, 112 with 1-100 points, 30 pages with 'Fearless' players
Fanstastic 99 with 0 points, 95 with 1-100 points, 32 pages with 'Fantastic' players
Fabulous 93 with 0 points, 90 with 1-100 points, 30 pages with 'Fabulous' players
Victorious 104 with 0 points, 96 with 1-100 points, 33 pages with 'Victorious' players
Precious 61 with 0 points, 92 with 1-100 points, 28 pages with 'Precious' players
Scandalous 89 with 0 points, 74 with 1-100 points, 26 pages with 'Scandalous' players
Omniscient 26 pages
Enchanted 33 pages
Hallowed 29 pages
Exuberant 25 pages
Luxuriant 25 pages
Dynamic 32 pages
Invincible 30 pages
Knowing 25 pages
Winner 30 pages
Great 51 pages
Hero 44 pages

Wizard 41 pages
Magic 53 pages
Fairy 41 pages
Guardian 34 pages
Seeker 29 pages
Master 57 pages
Traveler 26 pages
Voyager 27 pages
Explorer 29 pages

Blossom 29 pages
Rainbow 31 pages
Summer 31 pages
Winter 39 pages
Sunrise 32 pages
Sunshine 29 pages
Moonlight 35 pages
Golddust 31 pages
Lightning 31 pages
Leaf 33 pages
Snowdancer 32 pages
hailglow 25 pages
Silverbug 27 pages
Primrose 26 pages

Sure there are some 'normal' ones between them, but if you do not see what I see ..

It is not technically possible, at least not at this moment, to move inactive players away from the map's center. We are only able to delete inactive players (with restrictions in place)

Note: an account will be deleted after 30 days of inactivity (if no diamonds were bought)
All these 0-100 point accounts for sure did not buy diamonds.
Were they all made in the last 30 days?
Do they take up neighbourhood spots and do we loose a tradingpartner?
This is an example how it can look like, the players with circles are the ones I am talking about

U8UjAWC.jpg

DeletedUser3337

That makes 1419 pages *8=11352 players
Winyandor has 54260 players.
So how high is the % of these players?

DeletedUser4149

it seems that cheater accounts have run rampant since the game makers decided not to enforce their own policy of not allowing push accounts. this is obvious if you look at some of the top cities in the top fellowships that have several wonders at 25th level.

it's also funny how they won't delete or even move cities that have been inactive for more than 1 year, even if they did buy diamonds and admitted that they've quit. here's some of my neighbors in Winyandor-
lilian - city says "0000" in its name. sold every building possible
YumYum - city says"inactive player". sold every building too.
WiserbyNow - city says "I've quit" spelled out w/ roads
san-dee - was a former fellow. I know she's been inactive for 15 months.
all of these cities have been inactive for over 1 year. they've clearly left the game. I don't think they'll mind losing their 20 remaining diamonds

DeletedUser3337

Ok this is just not funny anymore. Once you know, you see them all over.

The newly appeared accounts in my neighbourhood:
Master2582, Snowdancer9397, Summer3111, Sparkly7284, Magic6426, Dynamic7659, Victorious8562, Moonlight6759, Handsome6464, Glitter4750, Sparkly489, Precious453
(Winter8398, Voyager6540, Golddust7336, Sunrise7525, Merciful9469, Wizard4067)

If these take up 20.92% (max) of our gameworld then something is really wrong.

And please do not close this thread with: Answered/Archived

DeletedUser5754

'Muf-Muf said:
It is not technically possible, at least not at this moment, to move inactive players away from the map's center. We are only able to delete inactive players (with restrictions in place)'

There is an option to activate 'Allow automatic movement to better position'. Logically: If I move to a better position another account has to be moved to a worse one to make room.

With 3 tiers each 3 goods there is a 1/27 chance to find the right combo, no need to open hundreds to find the right one.

Imho there are two options here:
Those accounts are part of the game, created to slow down gameplay (Less trade in the hood).
Someone released tons of rabbits, using those as a smokescreen to hide the active ones.

@Pimpy: Great job, not only for finding these anomalies, but also for showing us how easy they are to find.

I could have used elephants but I don't want to make things more complicated and/or confusing and 'tons of elephants' seems out of place.

Deleted User - 1634960

@Pimpy Most of those names you have listed are the default names given by the mobile app. since too many people will download and run any game that shows in your store, that is to be expected. Very few will remain on the map unless they remain active.

@Diadal There is actually only a 1/9 chance of getting any of the available mixes of Goods.

DeletedUser3097

Hi @Pimpy,

You asked a question:

Did you notice the names on the worldmap that look very simular?

Many people answered you, "YES!" so technically your question is answered. But as I feel there is more people might wish to add, I'll move this thread to General Discussion so it can be continued.

Also, FYI, I edited out a quotation from a previous post of yours as political references are not permitted. After all, rules is rules.

(By the way, threads posted in this section are marked 'answered' when they have been , well, answered but then are archived after one month of no activity.)

DeletedUser3337

Okies Rillian, cuz I just found 6 more
Elf 57 pages, whiteflame 17 pages, bluebell 19 pages, builder 18 pages, thundering 20 pages, dwarf 13 pages
Comes to a total of 12504 players by now
That is 23% of our gameworld.

Hope they will be removed soon, because that are a whole lot of players to join the game in a period of 1 month :D

DeletedUser3097

There is actually only a 1/9 chance of getting any of the available mixes of Goods

Can this be true? Or... is it a conspiracy? We need someone to investigate- any volunteers?

Deleted User - 1634960

@Pimpy Some will be removed soon, and the chances are that they will be replaced by someone else with a name XXXX*#### most of whom will take another 30 days to vanish completely. Some will decide that they like the game, and either change the name themselves or ask us to change it for them. In order for you to continue to enjoy the game at your level, Elvenar needs a regular influx of new players, just like any other online game.

Killiak

Artisan
@Pimpy Some will be removed soon, and the chances are that they will be replaced by someone else with a name XXXX*#### most of whom will take another 30 days to vanish completely. Some will decide that they like the game, and either change the name themselves or ask us to change it for them. In order for you to continue to enjoy the game at your level, Elvenar needs a regular influx of new players, just like any other online game.

So, 23% of our gameworld (as Pimpy just calculated) is going to be deleted in 30 days?

I'll count the days.

Killiak

Artisan
You are assuming that these new people will not continue playing...

Some does not equal all.

Yeah, because thousands of accounts having the same name but for a slightly different number in it, are really ALL going to be unique people whom might still choose to keep playing. It would be most impressive if the person behind "ExubarantXXXX" actually finds the time to play all of those accounts.

Basically, the gameworld has a lot of dead and useless accounts. Some of which might be used for pushing.

Is Inno going to take action? Or should we just smile and move along like this isn't a thing?

Deleted User - 1634960

Why should we take action? We did it. People logging in on the mobile app get given a name, which is a word followed by a number. All of these names are people who have started the game on the mobile app. If you had bothered to read the entire thread before diving in, I think you should have noticed that I said that earlier.