• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

This is one of the silliest story quests I've seen so far...

C-Nymph

Necromancer
So... I am boosted in making Ethereal Aerosols, as you can see here:

1676305876753.png

However, the game now tells me to make a 9 hour production of a non-boosted ascended good... Why Inno? Why? What is the use? Should this not just be "Send your merchants out for x amount of Finest Flying Powder"? At least then it would make sense, as you need that to unlock the Advanced Scouts research of the next chapter anyway... But asking 2 out of 3 players to produce non-boosted goods (since the quest is the same for everyone, regardless of boost) is just silly! *facepalm*

(And to be honest, it puts the players who are not boosted in Flying Powder at an (unfair) disadvantage in comparison to those who do have the boost!)

1676305933124.png

Last edited:

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Ok maybe the next one was even sillier... Forgot to make a screenshot of the quest though... "Sell the Fortress of Revenge at lvl 4 or unlock the Ultimate Power"... You can't even unlock the Ultimate Power without sellling the Fortress first, as you need the Ultimate Matter to unlock it and you can only get that by selling the Fortress...
*facedesk*

Far Reach

Conjurer
Ok maybe the next one was even sillier... Forgot to make a screenshot of the quest though... "Sell the Fortress of Revenge at lvl 4 or unlock the Ultimate Power"... You can't even unlock the Ultimate Power without sellling the Fortress first, as you need the Ultimate Matter to unlock it and you can only get that by selling the Fortress...
*facedesk*
This one I understand. Think about how you would have felt if you had sold the Fortress before completing the previous quest.

Sir Derf

Adept
Why does that quest need to have the "Sell the Fortress of Revenge at lvl 4" part at all, though? Why not just be "Unlock the Ultimate Power"?

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Why does that quest need to have the "Sell the Fortress of Revenge at lvl 4" part at all, though? Why not just be "Unlock the Ultimate Power"?
That is actually another quest that comes after this, giving 200 diamonds. So the part of "OR Unlock the Ultimate Power" should not be in this earlier quest at all...

Copied this from iDavis' site:
1676318343802.png

It's just really really silly...

Sir Derf

Adept
I could look it up, but is there a quests for "Unlock the Ultimate Matter"? Could #80 be asking for the wrong Research?

C-Nymph

Necromancer
I could look it up, but is there a quests for "Unlock the Ultimate Matter"? Could #80 be asking for the wrong Research?
There is not. So I think you might be correct that the quest shouldn't be "Sell the Fortress of Revenge at lvl 4 OR Unlock the Ultimate Power" but "Sell the Fortress of Revenge at lvl 4 OR gain the Ultimate Matter".

@Herodite could you maybe check this with whoever is responsible for the story quests of Chap 19?

SpaceCowboy

Soothsayer
Couldn't it be that someone sells the Fortress, gains the Ultimate Matter and then immediately unlocks Ultimate Power all before reaching any of these quests? Unlocking the research is the only persistent effect here, the other two are one-time actions.

Jake65

Sage
That is actually another quest that comes after this, giving 200 diamonds. So the part of "OR Unlock the Ultimate Power" should not be in this earlier quest at all...

Copied this from iDavis' site:
View attachment 7064
It's just really really silly...
I have no idea how these quests work but that Pet Food is an absolute bargain :D