• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The laying of paths

DeletedUser

Hi,
I recently needed some culture so decided to lay some cobbled tiles over the pre existing simple trail ('Did you know you can lay new paths directly over old ones now without having to remove them' or something like that, the saying goes!!!) and was assuming I would therefore get the 20 culture per tile as it says the cobbled tiles give you. However, I only got 10 per overlay tile yet when I then placed a cobbled tile where there was no existing path I got the full 20. Is this right? Seems a bit unfair that there is no indication that if you do overlay you only get half the promised culture! Or is this something that needs to be reported to support and a ticket raised?
TIA.

DeletedUser7096

Hello @Elfini,

However, I only got 10 per overlay tile yet when I then placed a cobbled tile where there was no existing path I got the full 20. Is this right?
This is because the existing ones were giving you 10 already. Then, it just adds the difference between the old path and the new one: 10 more.
It would be the same if you first sell the existing path (you lose 10 culture points) and then you put the new one (you gain 20 culture points, making a total difference of 10 more culture points that you had before).

Summing up, you can do both actions but it will always give you the culture that it says.
Regards,
Kakashi-sensei

Susie49

Soothsayer
I thought that when you got rid of a path you got no resources back, so you are not really selling it, just deleting it? I hope I am wrong on this one :)

DeletedUser

Thanks, Kakahi-sensei.
However, there is nothing that says if you overlay you only get the difference between the two tiles which is rather unfair. Surely this should be clearly explained before players do this?! Without knowing I thought I would get another 20 culture because there is no explanation say that the original path and 10 culture is actually deleted when I overlay so that is taken from the 20 I thought I was to get by overlaying.
And Susie49,
You are correct! You don't sell a path tile, you can only delete it, you get nothing back and you lose the culture it originally had.

DeletedUser6743

Why would your citizens care about the rubble under their new path?

The 10 is not taken out of the 20. If you delete the old path without laying the new one, you also lose the 10.
The new path is still worth 20 culture a tile, which is exactly what you will lose when you delete or overlay that new path.

DeletedUser

Belle Rophon,

Who said anything about citizens caring about rubble under their new path???

When you look up the culture value of the simple path it’s 10. When you look up the culture value of the cobbled path it’s 20. When I laid the simple path I got the 10 and when I overlaid the cobbled path I thought I would get ANOTHER 20 but I only got another 10 in total. Which why I asked the question.

DeletedUser5976

I think what Belle meant was that as the new path is replacing the old path (the old path becoming rubble as he/she put it) it seems logical to him/her that the old culture points of the old path are removed before the culture points of the new one is added. I must admit, that is also how I read the laying the new path on top of the old path text and seen it only as a way of saving the extra clicks of removing the old path before laying a new path.

IamMiky

Seeker
Lol how more obvious can it be,empty square =20,it doesn't say +20,it saves you deleting old street,if it just goes on top the paths would be 20ft high,you buy a house convert to flats its worth more,knock house down cost more to rebuild from scratch,so increase house from $10 to $20=+10 total 20..knock it down is zero value +$20.