Dear Humans and Elves,
The upcoming Spire of Eternity will be moved to start 24 hours later than usual: instead of starting on Sunday, March 22nd, it will start on Monday, March 23rd. Subsequently, it will also end 24 hours later than usual, on Saturday, March 28th. The reason for moving the start and finish dates for this cycle of the Spire of Eternity is a set of adjustments that will be performed on March 23rd, ahead of its start.
With these changes, we make working your way up the Spire of Eternity more focused on the gameplay of the Spire of Eternity, and less time-critical. The changes also emphasize on the multiplayer aspects of the Spire, as we would like the focus to be for people to enjoy the feature together, using teamwork. To encourage more active participation, timers on the Gates have been shortened. However, this also means that some of the rewards are adjusted, specifically the distribution of Diamonds, that can be won in the Spire. The amount of obtainable Diamonds has slightly increased with these changes, but they have been redistributed over the various Encounters. Below you'll find more details on the changes we're making.
- The timers on the Gates will be shortened, so that time pressure will become less of an issue while moving through the Spire's levels.
- Gate 1: Remains at 10 seconds
- Gate 2: Remains at 3 hours
- Gate 3: 7 hours (was 9)
- Gate 4: 9 hours (was 12)
- Gate 5: 7 hours (was 9)
- Gate 6: 7 hours (was 9)
- Gate 7: 7 hours (was 9)
- Gate 8: 12 hours (was 24)
- Gate 9: 9 hours (was 12)
- Gate 10: 9 hours (was 12)
- Gate 11: 9 hours (was 12)
- The amount of Diamonds that can be won through regular Spire Encounters has been decreased.
- The amount of Diamonds that can be won from the final boss in the Spire has been increased.
- The amount of Diamonds that can be won via the Spire's Fellowship rewards has been increased.
Ultimately, for those who manage to complete the whole Spire of Eternity, there are now slightly more Diamonds to obtain. We believe that, together with the recently released Trophies, these changes will help in making the Spire of Eternity more appealing for you and your Fellows.
As always, we're happy to hear your feedback! Please let us know your thoughts by leaving a message in our discussion thread.
Your Elvenar Team