• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Teleport and population

Hello. Does anyone know if you get the population back when you teleport a building like you do when you sell it? Example: my workshop gives me back 660 population if I sell it, but since I don't want to do that (only exchange it for a magic one) i wonder if I would get 660 population back if I teleport it.

Sir Derf

Adept
Yes. The people who are needed to work in the Workshop are no longer needed to work in the Workshop when the Workshop is no longer there, whether you sell it or teleport it...

Do note, however, that the people who are needed to work in the Workshop are trapped inside the building if you disconnect it from a road.

m4rt1n

Adept
Point to note, if teleporting out a building to gain the population it may not always be possible to put it back if you change your mind immediately if your excess population is made up of the working population percentage boosts added by the golden Abyss and Mountain Halls AW's, unless you have a bigger base population as I have discovered previously when teleporting out buildings for the Fellowship Adventure.

Jake65

Sage
Point to note, if teleporting out a building to gain the population it may not always be possible to put it back if you change your mind immediately if your excess population is made up of the working population percentage boosts added by the golden Abyss and Mountain Halls AW's, unless you have a bigger base population as I have discovered previously when teleporting out buildings for the Fellowship Adventure.
Do you need the full population available to replace the building?
As in, do the AW boosts only come into effect once the building is placed?

m4rt1n

Adept
Do you need the full population available to replace the building?
As in, do the AW boosts only come into effect once the building is placed?

Yes, that is the issue I describe to be aware of.

A workaround is to have a high level residence in inventory, teleport out temporarily an event/culture building next to a road, place the residence, put back the workshop etc, then teleport back out the residence and replace the event/culture building. (Uses 2 extra teleport spells)

Thank you all for the answers! I don't plan on taking the workshop back out, at least not for a while, but I will keep in mind the whole issue about boosts from golden abyss for the future. Best regards

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Yes. The people who are needed to work in the Workshop are no longer needed to work in the Workshop when the Workshop is no longer there, whether you sell it or teleport it...

Do note, however, that the people who are needed to work in the Workshop are trapped inside the building if you disconnect it from a road.

How much work would a workshop shop, if a workshop could shop work? They would shop, they would, as much as they could, and shop as much work as a workshop would.... :D