• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Suggestion

hello game team
i have a Suggestion which i think would be great addition to the game

you see i have been kicked from my fellowship during the tournament and spire and i wasn't deserving to be expelled
because of that i lost both there rewards which is upsetting

so my suggestion is that you make the fellowship arch mage and 2 mages approve the expulsion of a fellow
in that case this action will save the rights of that fellow from being unjustly expelled from the fellowship

and also keep the right of a fellowship to expel anyone they think deserving of being expelled

thank you

Alcaro

Necromancer
It happened to me exactly the same, in Beta. After I reached the top of the Spire and scored loads of points in tournament, I was kicked out on a Thursday (or maybe it was early Friday). Main idea is that even though I contributed a lot I lost all rewards. The AM said she didn't expelled me but any Mage had the balls to admit they did it and especially why! I was in the middle of a civilized discussion with the AM and suddenly I was out. Just like that!
Even though I am (now) the AM in both my cities, I would agree to such solution, which could prevent this kind of abuse.

Sir Derf

Adept
If the issue is loss of earned rewards when dropped during a tourney or spire, then how about this suggestion...

Fellowship removal is a gradual process. A player can only be fully removed from a fellowship if they are not currently participating in a Tourney/Spire. You are immediately blocked from continuing participating in any Tourney/Spire. Only after receiving rewards all rewards are you fully removed.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
We have to consider here the nature of the expulsion. We have to also consider those times where an Archmage does not have the time to wait for 2 Mages to authorise a Players removal if of course the situation cannot wait.

I am happy to pass this over however, I think we would struggle to get this considered :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Alcaro

Necromancer
We have to consider here the nature of the expulsion. We have to also consider those times where an Archmage does not have the time to wait for 2 Mages to authorise a Players removal if of course the situation cannot wait.

I am happy to pass this over however, I think we would struggle to get this considered :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.
I think so too.
This is more about common sense. You don't expel someone in the middle of a discussion. An AM can always ask politely to find another FS after the tournament and Spire are over. Doing other way than this just show poor character of that AM and tbh, anyone in that situation is better without such lame fellows.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I agree, there should at least be a cooling off period to allow for some communication and to avoid making emotional decisions without thinking it over. And that’s for the benefit of the AM too because expelling someone doesn’t necessarily fix things, it can make it much worse within the fellowship.

Pauly7

Master of the Elements
Well that's a tricky one. What if someone does something truly horrendous and needs to be removed immediately. Are you all saying that there would be no mechanism for getting rid of that person before the end of the week?

Personally I think the AM should be the only one able to expel a member. The FS starts and ends with the AM. As a compromise to the idea, perhaps it is the mages that get to mark someone for expulsion, but it then has to go to the AM for approval.

At least this way people don't need to guess who was responsible.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
Well that's a tricky one. What if someone does something truly horrendous and needs to be removed immediately. Are you all saying that there would be no mechanism for getting rid of that person before the end of the week?

Personally I think the AM should be the only one able to expel a member. The FS starts and ends with the AM. As a compromise to the idea, perhaps it is the mages that get to mark someone for expulsion, but it then has to go to the AM for approval.

At least this way people don't need to guess who was responsible.

I’m not sure what do you mean by truly horrendous? Fellows don’t have any power to do any damage to the FS, the AM and mages do. The way I understand this thread, it’s about promoting decency and not supporting bad behaviour on both sides.

SkyRider99

Immortal
I like your suggestion best of all @Pauly7.

There are those rare occasions when an expulsion is urgently required. The AM is in the best position to know the FS, and to act in its best interests.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I have to disagree, despite my respect for your posts @Silly Bubbles :)

Would you like to explain what damage can one fellow do comparing to what damage AM and mages can do?

The AM is in the best position to know the FS, and to act in its best interests.

This power can be used for good as well as bad. I'm pretty sure that you both @SkyRider99 and @Pauly7 are great AMs and use your power for good. Unfortunately, not everyone's like that. It would be great if there was some protection to prevent bad behaviour and misuse of power. :)

Hekata

Artisan
Would you like to explain what damage can one fellow do comparing to what damage AM and mages can do?
I have a fellow in my FS who's AM in another world. She had a player in her FS who clearly had some mental issues and was causing her and her whole FS distress with their messages and she had to remove them but even after that they kept writing her and harassing her.
This power can be used for good as well as bad. I'm pretty sure that you both @SkyRider99 and @Pauly7 are great AMs and use your power for good. Unfortunately, not everyone's like that. It would be great if there was some protection to prevent bad behaviour and misuse of power.
Why would anyone want to be in FS where the AM misuses their power? If someone notices their AM is misbehaving they should probably leave ASAP, there are many good FS looking for new players.

I don't think there are many AM who would remove a player before the end of a tourney as the FS loses those points. In fact a good solution to this would be if the FS would also loose the Spire points. In that case AMs would definitely think twice before removing a player and at the same time it would remove the need for that week long cool-down from participating the Spire when a new member joins.

An alternative solution would be that if a player has participated in the tournament/Spire but was removed before the end they still get the reward at the end even if they are not in that FS anymore.

In any case having the need of AM + 2 mages to remove a player is a not a good idea IMO: we now have a very small window to recruit/accept new players (because of the cool-down), and it's usually the same period when AMs remove players (after the end of the Spire) so I we have to also wait for the mages to approve it will shrink that window even more.

@Great-legend if your AM (or rather ex-AM) has removed you for no reason or if they have no control over what their mages do, then I think they did you a favour. There are many friendly FS where that would never happen and that you'd probably enjoy more :)

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
An alternative solution would be that if a player has participated in the tournament/Spire but was removed before the end they still get the reward at the end even if they are not in that FS anymore.

I like that, there is a need for solution that would work for both sides rather than just one side suffering and the other side ignoring the problem.

Pauly7

Master of the Elements
I’m not sure what do you mean by truly horrendous? Fellows don’t have any power to do any damage to the FS, the AM and mages do
I think this has been partly covered, but there is more than one reason that an AM may want to remove a fellow immediately. Perhaps they are being particularly offensive and abusive towards other members of the team. I have had more than one person join who's behaviour was immediately disturbing and upsetting to everyone else. I wouldn't tolerate anything like that for potentially a whole week.

The other one that springs to mind is if a FS has been 'infiltrated' by a spy from a rival FS. Before you say anything that happens more often than you might think. They might be there purely to gain inside knowledge of the team's FA plans. OK, I haven't had one of these personally where it has become apparent in a short space of time what was happening, but I know others where it has been obvious from the get go, and in which case you probably want to get them back out ASAP. These people are only planning to leave again as soon as they've gained the information they wanted.

i have seen and read all the comments here

and in order to explain my point of view i will tell you what happened

my previous FS Am's wanted people to do more in the spire which is great but to expect more than than they can actually do that is not great at all

in my previous FS only 8 people including myself made it the 2nd stage (High Halls) and rest struggled with the first stage.
my previous FS AM wanted us to get a gold medal in the spire so i replied that getting a gold medal is impossible for now and that we should go for getting our fellows not to struggle with spire and learn how to play it and when we reach 2nd stage all of us we go for the gold since it requires 21 person to finish the whole spire and the remaining 4 to reach high halls

after saying this i became offensive and have a toxic negative attitude and i was insulted and disrespected and i was expelled which made me furious and i insulted my previous FS"s AM back

and in fact he really did me a favor and i have joined an awesome FS

so all i am asking is that there could be a solution to this tricky point and to insure that a fellow would not be expelled only on the whim of an AM
because this is a Relative matter ( what an AM would see offensive anther AM would see as only discussion )

i hope all of you consider my point of view and think about it carefully
and i hope for the game team to study this and consider everything about it and come up with a solution that would insure the rights of Both fellows and AM. mages
i wish you all the best of luck

Pauly7

Master of the Elements
Whilst I feel for you and your frustration, the running of the FS and the goals of the FS come down to the AM. I've done it for a lot of years and sometimes, if you want progression you have to make decisions that are not going to always be popular with everyone. Some people will be pushed out of their comfort zone. Others may quit the fellowship, and that is fine. Others may need to be kicked. Hopefully with a good AM, that will only happen following discussions related to whether a common ground can be found or whether that person is willing or able to work up to the goals set.

Others have pointed it out, and you have said it yourself, when you said:
and in fact he really did me a favor and i have joined an awesome FS
Some fellowships want to drive forward and be competitive, get gold medals, get lots of tournament chests. Others just want to relax and chat with no rules. Others are somewhere in between. One fellowship doesn't ever have to keep the people that don't fit with those goals. One player doesn't have to stay with the fellowship that isn't aligned with their thinking.

The only question is, whether a fellow could, or should, be protected from losing tournament and spire rewards by being ejected from a fellowship. The best solution has been mentioned, which is to say that even if you are not in the FS anymore, you should still hold your position on that Spire ladder, or in the team's tournament results, so you still pick up the rewards on a Friday and Saturday.

i disagree with you . the best AM i have known over the time i played this game . she never decided something without discussing it with the whole FS she always kept every fellow in mind and she respected everyone and she took our opinions about anything that happens in our FS

and when someone did something deserving to be expelled she always gave him/her 1 to 3 warnings in a private message if he/she doesn't change what he was warned about she tells the whole FS about it and then she expel him/her after the spire and tournament are over

but always real life comes first and when she left . everyone missed her and a lot of people left the FS because she is not in it anymore
some left the whole game and some left the FS

a good AM must take in consideration everyone in his FS and that he/she should consult with others about the important decisions and goals they need to make

on the other hand there are AM he would expel someone just like that because he/ she said something they didn't like even if it is not offensive or insulting

that will be my last comment about that topic and i leave it to the capable hands of the game team

i wish you all the best of luck and i hope i haven't offended anyone by what i said . and i am sorry if anyone feels offended by my opinion and what i said