• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Streets & Main Hall upgrade

• Thread starter DeletedUser6336
  • Start date

DeletedUser6336

I'm trying to plan ahead because I'm about to reach one edge of the available "land" in my city (playing as elf, in case that matters). My question is, do I need to have a street on the top-left side of my main hall in order to upgrade it from the 6x6 size to the 7x7 size?

I am currently planning to let it "grow" into the 7th row by selling that street space underneath it (so that it would have a one-block street connection on the bottom right and left once it "grows" into that 7th row). However, I'm not sure if the main hall works the same way as upgrading other buildings that are "growing" in size, in that it needs that top-left street connection so that it can "grow" to the bottom and to the right.

I've uploaded a screen shot of my city planner. Do I need to keep that street on the left-side of my main hall in order to upgrade it later? (I am planning to sell the two 1x3 culture buildings to the right of it to get the 7th column I'll need to upgrade it, along with the street underneath to get the 7th row.

City Planner 5-6-18.png
)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5976

Your main hall doesn't need any roads. It's the other buildings that need road connections to your main hall. So as long as you don't cut any roads off going from your main hall to the buildings that need a road connection, you should be ok.

DeletedUser441

As long as there is one square of road touching the MH you are ok.:) The previous answer is misleading when it says "Your main hall doesn't need any roads".

DeletedUser5976

The previous answer is misleading when it says "Your main hall doesn't need any roads".
Thank you for the correction. I of course meant to say that the roads are there to connect the other buildings to the main hall and as such there indeed needs to be at least one road that connects all other buildings that need the connection to the Main Hall. But I did state that part ;)