• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived stream error

DeletedUser

this may or may not be classed as a bug..but its definitely bugging me...cant do anything on screen except use fellowship chat sidebar...tried logging out..reloading..cleared cache...nothing works..just see this message sitting in centre of the screen...cant even check mail on game...or click on any game icons

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Here's an excerpt from my post over in the US forum. https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/predictive-client-troubleshooting.2854/

Network Latency and Throughput
A great many of our Stream Errors are caused by, or aggravated by, a fragile network connection. Ookla provides one of the more effective connectivity tests, and especially so for the connection between your location and your Internet Service Provider, aka The Last Mile.

In game, your Trade window is an effective way to check the integrity of your internet connection, and your latency. All of the change of state requests (mouse clicks) are sent to the server and it's the server reply that provides you with the changed images.
  1. Open your Trade window and select the Place Offer tab
  2. Place and CONFIRM a few small trades
  3. Open the Your Offers tab and DELETE the offers. Your browser client does NOT delete your trade, but rather waits for instructions from the server.
If these transactions take longer than a slow eye blink, or if you get a Stream Error, then you have a communications problem and you need to investigate the connectivity between your client and the Elvenar servers. http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5402120667 is an example of a recent test from Seattle into the Miami area, where the Elvenar servers are located. If you're getting similar results, right off the bat, then your internet connection probably isn't causing you any trouble. Otherwise, the Ookla tool will help you determine the level of service when you're accessing various local data centers that are hosting a Speedtest.net server.

DeletedUser1927

If you can post your type and speed of connection it would be good for us to have to help progress with this issue. However if you would prefer to open a support ticket you can :) Thank You for reporting this issue

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser417

I get stream errors on a regular basis. or the game just completely freezing, hitting F5, then a page with HTTP Error 500 Internal server error. After about 30 secs I can log on again and sometimes i get this:

2016-08-11 19.45001151.jpg

2016-08-11 19.45001152.jpg

Game version: v1.11.8-(ff41728) (2016-08-08 9:33)
Game world: Winyandor and Arendyll
Browser + version: Edge 25.10586.0.0
Flash Player version: 22,0,0,209
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
Screen resolution: 1920 x 1080
Account name: Narquelion
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 4/5

Ziggo Speedtest for cable (Netherlands)
2016-08-11 20.07001154.jpg

DeletedUser417

I don't use an Adblocker in Edge and didn't look at Firewall, what are the most ideal settings to play Elvenar smoothly? I've made some changes now to see if that helps.

DeletedUser417

I've asked my fellows, I will add their replies in here if they are experiencing any troubles:

2016-08-12 12.36001157.jpg

2016-08-12 12.35001156.jpg

2016-08-12 12.33001155.jpg

DeletedUser

I've seen the same thing as your fellow Deadman001. For some reason the game messes up the number of kp you should have by displaying 1 more kp than it should. It displays 2 kp instead the 1 you should have. You can place 1 kp, but if you try to place the 2nd kp it causes the game to error and reload. Not a new issue. Not sure if it has been reported as a bug before now though.

Cregganroe

Conjurer
I have it where it steals a kp from me if the game goes to error as I am placing the kp's when it comes back I am a kp down.... i.e I go to tech tree to place 4 kp as I do so it says error could not process and so I press ok game loads and now I only have 3 kp... Wrote to support and they said unable to duplicate so can't help..... Very frustrating

DeletedUser

Holy crap that internet connection is literally 5 times better than mine in every way, even more in some..

(I only get stream errors when resuming from "sleep" Win7)

DeletedUser

what are the most ideal settings to play Elvenar smoothly
My firewall allows me to define a list of several sites that I regard as safe, and the Firewall passes through content from those sites with minimal examination. This is especially effect for sites that have a lot of Flash and Javascript content, as is the case with Elvenar.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
All scripts, flash files and images are loaded once for all at the beginning before the game starts when you have the green bar showing the loading process (24 items)... after that, all the stuff is done by flash locally and the infos exchanged with the server are ridiculous... You can see that by using the network sniffer of firefox before launching the game...

So except momentary slowness that can raise as well on the server or on the Internet, the problem come more often from the general state of the computer and also a corrupted flashplayer installation or a failed upgrade

If other things on your PC are also slower than you think they were before, try first to check your machine for malwares and unneeded gadjets...

If not, you can try this, that I just did with succes, to clean your Flashplayer installation :
I saw a big slowness in the visits and in the fights, a little bit after my last Flashplayer upgrade... after some investigations (into Firefox plugins list), I found that I had 2 different version of Shockwave Flash (the actual 22.0.0.209 and an old 21 one) I was unable to remove or unselect the old one. The 21 version wasn't in the programs list of Windows installer. Deselecting version 21 into Firefox plugins list was also deselecting version 22 so...

I downloaded a FP remover from adobe site : uninstaller
I closed my browser, launched the remover (that is faster than standard installers)
restarted my browser and went to adobe site to check the result : check uninstallation
then I downloaded the last Flash player from adobe :Flash Player (Don't forget to uncheck stupid promotions)
close your browser and launch the installer

After that I retreived my old normal speed when visiting or fighting

NB : because youtube and other videos sites are also using flash to display videos, it's better to close any other tab of your browser with an open video or any complex animation... as well as other flash games

Last edited:

DeletedUser

All scripts, flash files and images are loaded once for all at the beginning before the game starts
You've got the right general idea, but the timing is a bit crooked.
  • The loading screen tracks the download of most of the "client" scripts. These are typically NOT stored on your computer, because they would be too vulnerable to hacking and manipulation.
  • Various background images are stored from session to session in your Browser cache. Only the missing objects are downloaded, the rest are pulled from the local cache.
  • Most of the sprites and the icon are handled by the predictive client and your GPU
  • The more complex state modules, most notably the Trader, don't change the display UNTIL they get instructions from the server
  • The downloads are very apparent on the World Map. If you drag the map in any direction you'll see some lag while the client is getting information from the server. If you're playing with the zoom, you can often see artifacting at the block boundaries
  • When you visit a city the client will pull whatever it can from the local cache, and then request the missing objects from the server. The city display itself is gated until all of the objects have been assembled

Deleted User - 13667

My screen hangs either when I reject a repeatable quest or completes one. :(

Deleted User - 1634960

The KP issue (Deadman001, @Arjavh and @Cregganroe ) has been reported as a bug, and most of those who have reported 'lost KP' have suffered the same issue, and tried to spend that KP that was showing and shouldn't have been. One of the toughest types of tickets we have to deal with.:(
Ladybella84's is simply a Flash Crash, which usually occur when playing too long between refreshes.:cool:

DeletedUser9

Hi guys,

At the moment we're not able to reproduce any "Stream Errors" so I'll now close this thread as such. Should you encounter any new sudden Stream Errors, please open a new (and detailed) bug report about it :)