• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

storage unit

zerap

Dreamer
I have a suggestion about the daily exclusives can you build a special storage unit for them if/when the player needs to put them up for any reason that way they won;t lose it just save it for later use.
zerap

cwgiii

Shaman
Many folks have given similar feedback, Unfortunately, the devs have indicated that they will not be adding such storage functionality. Their reasoning (See Timon's response on previous Inno TV videos) is that puzzling out space requirements during the course of the game is part of the fun.
In a way I see both sides. Another partial solution that has been suggested elsewhere is a gallery of sorts. To be able to see (but not place) previous "wins" of event specific buildings. That way, they would not be completely lost. Owner (and potentially other players) could reminisce about by-gone structures and the events in which they were obtained.

The only suggestion I have is really hold these awesome building in the spells area until you are totally sure that you have enough space for them. It is an unfortunate fact that as you progress through the game, such structures that are older basically become superfluous because newer ones are more productive at your higher level. Unlike regular buildings that can be built, sold, and built again, the special event buildings are lost once sold. 'Tis a bit of a shame.

Another comment heard in passing from Timon's videos (s), is that the most popular event buildings do come back (Ex: unicorns, flower cages, glossy garden, etc.). If there is a particular one that is wanted, make sure to reach out to them (via forums??) to indicate such a want. That way, the newer version can be obtained at your higher level and will be more productive than the older version.

DeletedUser

It would be nice if they would make an exception and let you store the event buildings ( but only the event buildings ) so they can still somewhat keep to their idea of keeping the challenge of not giving out a free storage or swap space. I still have free map space but not sure if it is sufficient to hold all the new Rise of the Phoenix buildings. The earliest event buildings for me came while I was in Chapter 4 or 5 ( can't remember ) and now I'm mid way through Chapter 7 so the new ones are much nicer on a benefit/square bases.

The only drawback of being able to store the older buildings is that I'm not sure what the use of storing them would be as once they were not the best ones for my city, I'm not if I'd really look at them in their storage anyway.

I'm kinda waiting to see what happens if these events are going to repeat each year and if the other types of special items are the same or not. i.e. if we get Wonky Walter back again and we get another ugly tent this time at a much higher chapter, am I even going to want the old tent. However, if it comes with a completely different reward, then I might want the tent.