• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Battle Squad size increase for major Barracks upgrades

Jixel

Spellcaster
Suggestion to allow the possibility for the player to win battles a little longer than they currently can - at the "major" Barracks upgrades (i.e. the ones unlocked by Advanced Barracks and Superior Barracks), there should be a corresponding bump in the "Basic training size" (as shown when viewing an Armory).
e.g. it starts at 12, and currently stays at 12.
I'm suggesting it could go :
Standard - 12
Advanced - 24
Superior - 36

It would give a small boost to players in the middle of the tech tree - by the end of the tree, squad size could be 216 instead of 192, which won't give much advantage against enemy stacks of 500+.

(a related suggestion - if new Squad Size upgrades are added to the tech tree in the future, they should add more than 12 to the squad size - percentage-wise, the last few squad upgrades aren't really adding a huge amount, so future increases should be 24, 36, 48 or more to give the player a "fighting" chance to win a battle occasionally (of course, there would also need to be a Barracks boost to training speed, otherwise it'll take all week just to build up the super-size army) )

... sorry, this is three ideas in one, I can split them into separate threads if required :)

DeletedUser3

Three ideas in one is fine when they are as closely related as these are :)
What do you think folks? Would the larger squad sizes proposed make it possible for you to battle in those distant Provinces?

DeletedUser10

I may not be one of the 'folks' you were asking Amy Steele, but speaking only as a player, I would prefer to see the battle mechanics improved and re-balanced at a code level instead of trying to offset the existing imbalance with numbers of troops.
This game is still new enough to rethink game mechanics, which I believe is a wonderful opportunity. I would rather see a cure for the problem, than a bandage taped on it to just get by. But this is only my opinion as a player, and in no way is an official statement in my capacity as a member of support.

DeletedUser219

Original idea doesn't actually help very much when it comes to winning battles, because the 'training size' has nothing to do with the 'squad size' . I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but it just means we can train troops quicker when we're losing them quicker :eek:
In line with Zarok Dai's comments, it does seem to me that the NPCs progress quicker than we do. I was facing knights long before I had Paladins, and only the fact that I am a ruthless commander kept me moving at all :cool:

Jixel

Spellcaster
Oh dear. Oh my.

I should not post my ideas posts late at night - you're right Horanda, I've confused the training size (which starts at 12, before adding armories, which is the figure you see when viewing an armory) and the squad size (which coincidentally starts at 12, and apparently that was enough to completely confuse me when posting this idea :) ).

So. Anyway. Yes, the actual intended idea was a boost to squad size with the major Barracks upgrades - an extra +12 or so for Advanced & Superior.

DeletedUser219

OK, let's put all the ideas through a blender and see what we come up with.:D
I don't know if fighting size could be linked to the barracks, so we'll stick to the original idea:
At major upgrades to the barracks, the Training Size is incremented by 12. This may remove the need for armouries at all, but I find the logic behind them questionable at best.:rolleyes:
At colour change in the tech tree a skill is added (points to be shaved from other skills in that section, to keep it fair) to increase the Battle size increment by 12. This may be a bit OP if done at every level, so perhaps only at the start of 3 and 5. Once this is trained, subsequent squad increases are by the new increment.o_O
Meanwhile, the brilliant tacticians at InnoGames rework the whole battle system so that it remains challenging but doable even at the highest levels.

And, of course, we want this all in the next update :confused: