• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

City Spells

DeletedUser701

I think it would be great to have a spell to increase your population. Especially for the likes of me who is nearly at the end of the tree and have not much room for new residences. Just a thought.

DeletedUser248

+1 from me. I don't see anything wrong with having a population spell. :)

DeletedUser

I think the problem with a population spell is that if you use it and you have buildings requiring said population, they get all messed up when the spell wears off.

DeletedUser

Slotharingia took the words right out of my mouth. There would be many issues with a temporary increase in population. In addition, isn't an increase in population, allowing you to construct more production buildings (as these are the only types of buildings you need population for), the same thing as a spell that increases either supplies or goods production?

I do like the general concept of boosting population through other means than residences though. That would allow me to complete more upgrades in my city without tearing things down to build more residences... There's always something (in the way) isn't there? :p

DeletedUser

I do like the general concept of boosting population through other means than residences though. That would allow me to complete more upgrades in my city without tearing things down to build more residences... There's always something (in the way) isn't there? :p

Which brings us back to the fact that the MA would make more sense if it used relics to forge *permanent* boosts :D Even if these were hard to attain, I believe people would see it as a more positive addition to the game.

DeletedUser

Permanent spells would be awesome, but wouldn't that just be an altered version of performing an upgrade? Similar to the AWs requiring another set of runes to activate the next stage of upgrades, this would effectively be the same thing if applied as a permanent spell to increase population on a residence. Equally, a spell permanently reducing the population required for a specific building would carry the issue that your score would drop. (Working population is part of what determines a player's score.)

Like I said: I'd love to have some form of increasing population other than residences, and I also like the idea of permanent spells. A lot of thought needs to be put into what can be done how though, as it can very quickly unbalance the game. Keep posting suggestions please. We'll get a concrete concept somewhere down the line. :D

DeletedUser

Well my idea was that, for instance, after building the academy, one could use it to combine relics like you combine gems in other games. For instance 4 x the same relic combines to create a stronger relic, then 4 x that relic creates an even stronger one. Maybe one could combine relics of different types to achieve different effects, so people could choose to concentrate on one aspect, say culture, or try to balance buffs of all kinds. Possibly one could also use extra rune shards combined with relics to enhance AW or for some other purpose. I assume people will have tons of them knocking around uselessly soon :D Theses forged relics could be applied to supplies production, armies, culture or even provide a % or fixed amount extra population. I personally believe this would be a more useful use of the space it takes up than having it create temporary spells. However, I equally believe that the devs of this game will not be changing the system and that they are not particularly interested in our ideas if at all. I suspect the magic academy will become essential to game-play in future and that the game will be changed to make it necessary, the fact it costs gems to upgrade makes me feel it's probably not going to be a a good way :p Using boosted relics for AW also suggests there will be a shift in the current situation of people trying to produce as much boosted goods as possible. I feel like boosted relics will become less important and we'll be using relics simply for spells in future.