• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

[Spells Collection thread] Spells Ideas

DeletedUser1295

Since we are at spells,

It would be better and more sensible to use the non-boosted relics on more permanent effect items like say investing into the MA to increase the effectiveness of some spells. Since everyone's boosted goods is slightly different, everyone gets to boost their spells differently.

Having to spend relics on a not so lasting effect spell is bad idea. Why cant the spells be randomly casted from the MA instead?

Hi s5carrot, I'm not sure if I understand your suggestion correctly: do you really mean that the MA should cast spells at random without the player having control of when to cast which spell?

Also what kind of timeframe do you feel is 'not so long lasting?
• Power of Provision lasts for 10 hours*
• Ensorcelled Endowment lasts for 2 days*
• Magical Manufacturing lasts for 13 hours*

* MA on lvl 2.

DeletedUser1780

I'd like a spell to make my army stronger/harder. The other provinces seem to have armies with 'special' powers but we don't have that which incidentally, I think is unfair but hey ho. Or a spell to allow armies sent to fight to be allowed to be brought back despite a defeat. A complete now spell would also be great-for buildings and for research.

DeletedUser622

Having disregarded my initial reaction that the magic academy is a waste of time, I thought of a more workable solution. One of the things I find annoying is that you use up your hard earned relics to make spells that run out. Some people have suggested permanency for the spells while others are looking at easier ways of replacing the used relics. I think a better solution would be to apply graded conditions on the spells, i.e. you have to have a particular number of relics of a particular type before you can create a spell. Producing the spell doesn't actually consume relics but rather consumes resources that the user can easily produce. Relics in this case become a measure of strength rather than a commodity. They should simply qualify the player to produce better spells rather than be used as a source of currency.

DeletedUser553

I actually don't like spending relics (even if they don't have any other use) on something consumable. I would, however, invest them (along with mundane materials) in a meaningful building development, like in Wonders. You could then drop relics from spell manufacture, instead require time or mundane materials... which I would actually consider spending if the reward was worth it. I like lots of the suggestions here but above all I would like to see spells as something you would always want to be producing, which means they have to be built from mundane goods. Alternatively, make lower grade spells (like the current ones) buildable with mundane goods, and "epic" spells cost permanent relics. But if I'm going to build a spell with relics it has to be something I can't get otherwise.
You could, if you felt particularly fancy, have different "schools" of spells within the school to be built up separately through infusion of relics, with increasing potence for those types, eg of categories might be elements, manufacture/diplomacy/war, etc.

As for individual spell ideas:
1) Trade portal - allow trading with distant players for a brief time
2) Fellowship Aid - give neighbourhood help of a random type to all fellowship members that you could manually help. (This would be worth tossing a relic away just to save time).
3) Inspire - knowledge points produced X% faster for a half day.
4) Delve - cast on an already explored province to try for a rune/relic/other random benefit.
4) Fireball - deal X damage to all creatures within an encounter, before begin fight
5) Thunderstorm - cast on an encounter before a fight, deals X damage to a random foe each combat round
6) Regeneration - cast on an encounter before a fight; all creatures regenerate X life each combat action
7) Resurrection - use instead of paying gems for resurrrecting lost units in encounters, because who does that? You can still make spells buyable with gems. A spell should resurrect X people-equivalents of a single/multiple stacks.
8) Opportunity - create a short term new quest - this would have to be worth more in rewards than the cost of the spell!
9) Alchemical transformation - transmute between goods at superior efficiency to the existing wholesaler.

I would also like to say Raistlin's idea would be another, different avenue that would probably be simpler (but I like the idea of building and choosing what to build up more ;) ).

Thanks.
Ash.

DeletedUser

I actually don't like spending relics (even if they don't have any other use) on something consumable. I would, however, invest them (along with mundane materials) in a meaningful building development, like in Wonders. You could then drop relics from spell manufacture, instead require time or mundane materials... which I would actually consider spending if the reward was worth it. I like lots of the suggestions here but above all I would like to see spells as something you would always want to be producing, which means they have to be built from mundane goods. Alternatively, make lower grade spells (like the current ones) buildable with mundane goods, and "epic" spells cost permanent relics. But if I'm going to build a spell with relics it has to be something I can't get otherwise.
You could, if you felt particularly fancy, have different "schools" of spells within the school to be built up separately through infusion of relics, with increasing potence for those types, eg of categories might be elements, manufacture/diplomacy/war, etc.

As for individual spell ideas:
1) Trade portal - allow trading with distant players for a brief time
2) Fellowship Aid - give neighbourhood help of a random type to all fellowship members that you could manually help. (This would be worth tossing a relic away just to save time).
3) Inspire - knowledge points produced X% faster for a half day.
4) Delve - cast on an already explored province to try for a rune/relic/other random benefit.
4) Fireball - deal X damage to all creatures within an encounter, before begin fight
5) Thunderstorm - cast on an encounter before a fight, deals X damage to a random foe each combat round
6) Regeneration - cast on an encounter before a fight; all creatures regenerate X life each combat action
7) Resurrection - use instead of paying gems for resurrrecting lost units in encounters, because who does that? You can still make spells buyable with gems. A spell should resurrect X people-equivalents of a single/multiple stacks.
8) Opportunity - create a short term new quest - this would have to be worth more in rewards than the cost of the spell!
9) Alchemical transformation - transmute between goods at superior efficiency to the existing wholesaler.

I would also like to say Raistlin's idea would be another, different avenue that would probably be simpler (but I like the idea of building and choosing what to build up more ;) ).

Thanks.
Ash.
Love these ideas :)

Deleted User - 13667

Hi s5carrot, I'm not sure if I understand your suggestion correctly: do you really mean that the MA should cast spells at random without the player having control of when to cast which spell?

Also what kind of timeframe do you feel is 'not so long lasting?
• Power of Provision lasts for 10 hours*
• Ensorcelled Endowment lasts for 2 days*
• Magical Manufacturing lasts for 13 hours*

* MA on lvl 2.
All of the spells at the moment are only temporary at the cost of relics that can only be earned through completing a province. Even if you place in 10 days, it is still pretty short. How long you'd expect players to login? Every other hour for advance players?

And yes, that is what I meant: MA to auto cast beneficial spells if the effects are intended to be short term and temporary. These are the spells available at the moment is it not?

DeletedUser

A spell to reduce scout time and cost would be welcomed.
Tournaments are going to take the pressure off of the Scouting Cost/Time soft cap.

Folks will be burning up Goods and Troops in the Tournaments, and won't have the resources that they'd need to acquire those last few extremely pricy sectors.

DeletedUser277

Fair enough Katwijk, but Tournaments won't provide province expansions and whilst in theory they do provide rune shards, they will be almost impossible to get that way. So, I'll still go for the faster scouting times please :)