• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Sorcerer's Homecoming: Elusive Daily Exclusive

Sir Derf

Adept
No, but I have won diamonds in recent forum contests...

And I'm not sure a dev individually controlling 43,000 Felyndralians outcomes would have the time to have a beer.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Bear in mind, it is possible that a person could get 100 Dailies from 100 6% chests.

That's a 6.53 * 10^123 chance.

Ah, I love the smell of semi-pointless math in the morning!
Normal people call that impossible,

A speedrunner had his record removed for cheating, he got twice in the run a 1:63000 luck or whatever.
The explanation someone on youtube gave was if every human being would try it every second of there life for a 100 year, it would still be implausible to happen.

1624695270323.png

6.53 * 10^123 chance. is way worse than the odds they talk about here

Gargon667

Mentor
I hate this event. There is absolutely no reason to have T1/2/3 manufactories in the city in the last chapters. Except for events like this, where standard goods need to be produced in every second task.

I guess that is true :) How do you solve the problem? teleport in a bunch of extra factories for the event? Or just ignore the event/play it slowly?

Lucky I have an FA town, so these events finish themselves in 3 days without even looking at any quests lists...

Gargon667

Mentor
The explanation someone on youtube gave was if every human being would try it every second of there life for a 100 year, it would still be implausible to happen.

6.53 * 10^123 chance. is way worse than the odds they talk about here

1. So what?
2. It doesn´t account for all the possible parallel universes ;) If we assume an infinite number of those, no matter what the oods (above 0), it means it happens billions of times every second :D We just dont see it...

QFol2

Conjurer
At the other end of the scale, today I started opening beacons and I had absolutely zero interest in the daily prize. I spent 1,800 SK and ended up with 12 Copper Dragons. I'm going to have to open some sort of dragon sanctuary now.

If you've got no interest in copper dragons, why wouldn't you spend your SK on a day with at least troop instants or AW instants?

Gargon667

Mentor
If you've got no interest in copper dragons, why wouldn't you spend your SK on a day with at least troop instants or AW instants?

Presumably he doesn´t have an interest in those either ;)
Or he just wants something to disenchant. Or he just couldn´t bear looking at the SK anymore and snapped and had to get rid of them in an instant. Or he thought it was a different prize and only realized what he got after he was done with the spending frency. Or the gambling lust just took him. Or the Dragon made him do it. Or he is lying. Or...

But yes I always wonder why anyone spends currency on more than 2 or 3 days... Most likely is people don´t care that much and spend whenever the fancy hits them :D Most people also don´t pick the chests that will get them what they want and chose more or less randomly only to be upset over the results... Not saying our @Pauly7 is one of them though ;) So let´s hear it from him, I am curious, too now!

Pauly7

Magus
Because I was just bored and started opening beacons. Yeah troop instants would be better, but winning 10 squads at a time isn't exactly exciting. On brown bear feeding day I tend to produce 4-500 squads or more in a short time.

Pauly7

Magus
But yes I always wonder why anyone spends currency on more than 2 or 3 days... Most likely is people don´t care that much and spend whenever the fancy hits them :D Most people also don´t pick the chests that will get them what they want and chose more or less randomly only to be upset over the results... Not saying our @Pauly7 is one of them though ;) So let´s hear it from him, I am curious, too now!
So to be more specific - In this event (for the first time in a long time) I wanted the grand prize - the set, so my focus has been on opening the right beacons for that and daily prizes are a bi-product. I'd used the bulk of my currency chasing a troop instant, but then I just find myself jumping back on and opening beacons after that initial chunk. If I look at 500-1000 SK I'm thinking that I'm not going to get a lifechanging amount of troops or KP or whatever with that, so I just spend it whenever I fancy it.