• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

So, you got a lot of runes, do ya?

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I think I am currently running 13 Libraries and I think I will hit 1 million SF this year lol :D

Anyway it is a resource in the game and it should have more uses than it has right now. That way people with lots of SF can easily balance it :) And it would actually entice people to try and produce more (in a variety of ways) of it rather than treating it as a non-resource.
And thats why scroll players are screwed and why the current set is horrible inbalanced piece of trash thats a game destroyer for many players.

Spell Fragments have the same number of uses (one) as Combining Catalysts. I don't think that SFs are currently underpowered, it is just that some players are producing SFs and CCs out of balance. I don't really see a design problem here. Introducing new uses for SFs (without doing the same for CCs) just makes the library set more valuable, and escalates the scrolls imbalance issue.

An alternative (which wouldn't really affect currently gameplay beyond reducing SF numbers) would be reduce the Library set production of fragments to bring them more into line with CCs.
Lol so true,
The biggest SF inbalance is created in this set it seems. most players who do complain, are running these sets.

I have said it many times before, I craft and the spire cannot produce enough spell fragments for me to keep crafting forever, I need an extra source for them to keep crafting (aka destroy some buildings)
On my second town I run 10 libraries, and craft nearly everything there, I own 308K spell fragments and it's rising and faster than before as I got more pieces recently..

Last edited:

Gargon667

Mentor
And thats why scroll players are screwed and why the current set is horrible inbalanced piece of trash thats a game destroyer for many players.

Lol seriously? You are blaming me for Inno making a dumb building that produces scrolls for everybody instead of making it boost+1??? Which they were already told in beta testing phase and they haven´t changed in what, 1.5 years of causing trouble?

I use the best building available to do what I need done. It fucks up scroll boosted people, because Inno is making idiotic choices, not because I use what works best for me.

I have said it many times before, I craft and the spire cannot produce enough spell fragments for me to keep crafting forever, I need an extra source for them to keep crafting (aka destroy some buildings)
On my second town I run 10 libraries, and craft nearly everything there, I own 308K spell fragments and it's rising and faster than before as I got more pieces recently..

So there you go you choose not to build a building, because you don´t like it. Now other people who do like the building shouldn´t be able to do anything with the resources they get from it?

Anyway I don´t care much, I am obviously not building the libraries for the SF, I get enough useful resources out of it as it is, which is why I am not asking for anything powerful to be done with SF, I am asking for a fun little side game that can be played by a FS, which would have the added benefit of making the already existing (but entire useless) game function called "disenchanting" useful again.

Gargon667

Mentor
Spell Fragments have the same number of uses (one) as Combining Catalysts. I don't think that SFs are currently underpowered, it is just that some players are producing SFs and CCs out of balance. I don't really see a design problem here. Introducing new uses for SFs (without doing the same for CCs) just makes the library set more valuable, and escalates the scrolls imbalance issue.

An alternative (which wouldn't really affect currently gameplay beyond reducing SF numbers) would be reduce the Library set production of fragments to bring them more into line with CCs.

Agreed.
The difference is that CCs are the limiting factor for crafting, not SF, If it was the other way round I would be asking for alternative uses for CCs. But to be honest, alternative uses for both would be the best option of all. More variety is always preferable. Obviously one would start with the one that is more prevalent...

If one wanted to balance SF/CC production I would not reduce the SF output of the set, but of the spire.

Far Reach

Conjurer
Agreed.
The difference is that CCs are the limiting factor for crafting, not SF,

They are for you, but not for everyone. I agree that if maximising crafting is at the top of ones priorities, and especially if one is prepared to spend diamonds on flipping the crafting options, then CCs are the main constraint. Many people will have other preferences though. Personally I catch most of the 6 hour selections, and I can't remember ever having to skip a booster building because of a lack of either SF or CC.

If one wanted to balance SF/CC production I would not reduce the SF output of the set, but of the spire.

I agree that a reasonable case could be made to do this, but it doesn't really address your issue much (an excess of spell fragments). Even if the Spire produced no SFs, you'd still be generating an excess due to your many Library Sets. It would just disadvantage people who aren't following your strategy (for whatever reason).

I use the best building available to do what I need done. It f***s up scroll boosted people, because Inno is making idiotic choices, not because I use what works best for me.

This makes absolute sense from your personal perspective. I wouldn't consider it an effective line to take with the developers though, regarding why your suggested change should be made. (As seems to be agreed, although more uses for SF would benefit those with Library Sets such as yourself, the change would make the overall goods imbalance situation worse. The devs would be making "idiotic" decisions at your prompting.)

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Lol seriously? You are blaming me for Inno making a dumb building that produces scrolls for everybody instead of making it boost+1??? Which they were already told in beta testing phase and they haven´t changed in what, 1.5 years of causing trouble?

I use the best building available to do what I need done. It fucks up scroll boosted people, because Inno is making idiotic choices, not because I use what works best for me.

So there you go you choose not to build a building, because you don´t like it. Now other people who do like the building shouldn´t be able to do anything with the resources they get from it?

Anyway I don´t care much, I am obviously not building the libraries for the SF, I get enough useful resources out of it as it is, which is why I am not asking for anything powerful to be done with SF, I am asking for a fun little side game that can be played by a FS, which would have the added benefit of making the already existing (but entire useless) game function called "disenchanting" useful again.

it was more a pun about how bad that building is (for the game itself)
off course you cannot be blamed for it, you just use the toold you are given, but it shows how bad that building is.
And since that building only became better for players since the FA changes, so no one is going to destroy it which makes them linger in-game forever.

Also I choose not to build them on my main town because I have much better buildings from the past, I already get 195200 scrolls and 94400 magic dust per day from my winter set, I also get ~500K mixed T1 per day from my harvest set and 54600 mixed T2 and 49800 mixed T3 from kirit and karat.
At some point enough is enough and it just does not make sense for me to build the moonstone set in my main town.

Since the moonstone set can soon no longer be aquired (once the roll out the beta changes to live) spell fragments for new players who cannot aquire it will be getting quite balanced vs CC in the future.

Unless they are planning a replacement for it, it will not be long before the first people start to protest because the FA is "fixed" towards fellowships with buildings that can no longer be aquired.

Deleted User - 341074

it will not be long before the first people start to protest because the FA is "fixed" towards fellowships with buildings that can no longer be aquired.
Ooooh yeah people are gonna start bitching about those druid badges.
I've found 4 library sets to be about right for my cities so that I don't have to use my MA to make CCs.
That means during the FAs I can make 100% more druid badges than someone using just their MA. (not counting diamond or timer usage obviously)

Gargon667

Mentor
This makes absolute sense from your personal perspective. I wouldn't consider it an effective line to take with the developers though, regarding why your suggested change should be made. (As seems to be agreed, although more uses for SF would benefit those with Library Sets such as yourself, the change would make the overall goods imbalance situation worse. The devs would be making "idiotic" decisions at your prompting.)

See it that way: If every player in the game would place 20 libraries the devs would already have fixed the problem (or the game would be unplayable for 30% of players) lol So this building could be the one that fixes it´s own problem.

As it is right now it is an insanely powerful building, that breaks the game lol. All the devs need to do is change scrolls for boost+x. problem gone.

I agree that a reasonable case could be made to do this, but it doesn't really address your issue much (an excess of spell fragments). Even if the Spire produced no SFs, you'd still be generating an excess due to your many Library Sets. It would just disadvantage people who aren't following your strategy (for whatever reason).

I sure still would be generating excess SF, but that is not a problem. it just creates another non-resource, like so many others. And as for all the other non-resources, it would be nice to have other options to use the resources for something fun. Doesn´t have to be anything powerful. Broaden the game, instead of nerfing stuff to make less of something.

Gargon667

Mentor
Since the moonstone set can soon no longer be aquired (once the roll out the beta changes to live) spell fragments for new players who cannot aquire it will be getting quite balanced vs CC in the future.

Unless they are planning a replacement for it, it will not be long before the first people start to protest because the FA is "fixed" towards fellowships with buildings that can no longer be aquired.

That is a very good point!

BUT so far they have never said they discontinue the library at all. The change on beta is only temporary (not a fixed time though), but they never said what comes after, so default is it goes back to what it was before. So for 6 (or however many weeks) there will be artifacts and after that it´ll be more libraries unless they make a new announcement.