• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question Sister Fellowships

Autumn Breeze

Adventurer
Our Fellowship is thinking about creating a Sister Fellowship...
Are there any Rules, Guidelines or Advice on achieving this?

Sir Derf

Adept
Are there any rules on doing something that, as far as I know, has no official definition and has not been done before?

Jake65

Sage
@Autumn Breeze, what are the benefits of a sister fellowship?
Or the reason to create one?
I'm not familiar with the concept so just curious.

cwgiii

Shaman
There are potentially many benefits. (disclaimer: I do not belong to a group with a sister fellowship) The main one that I can see is recruiting. There are soooo many play modes for individuals. Some folks play daily/hourly while others play more casually. Folks may change the frequency of play based on real life circumstances. Having a sister fellowship allows you to have one more active group and one less active. That way, folks can go back and forth as their life situation changes. The entire group looses less folks overall that way. Super good players may need to take a step back now and then and this preserves the relationship with the entire group, rather letting them drift off into oblivion. The less active group can serve as a "proving ground" for new recruits and can be "promoted as they grow in the game.

One main downside to having a sister fellowship is the work involved. Of course this can be distributed. But, I imagine the Arch Mage of one is probably the Arch Mage of the sister as well (in most cases).

Jake65

Sage
Makes sense, thanks @cwgiii
Now that you've explained it I realise I've seen a 'group' just like that.

Autumn Breeze

Adventurer
There are potentially many benefits. (disclaimer: I do not belong to a group with a sister fellowship) The main one that I can see is recruiting. There are soooo many play modes for individuals. Some folks play daily/hourly while others play more casually. Folks may change the frequency of play based on real life circumstances. Having a sister fellowship allows you to have one more active group and one less active. That way, folks can go back and forth as their life situation changes. The entire group looses less folks overall that way. Super good players may need to take a step back now and then and this preserves the relationship with the entire group, rather letting them drift off into oblivion. The less active group can serve as a "proving ground" for new recruits and can be "promoted as they grow in the game.

One main downside to having a sister fellowship is the work involved. Of course this can be distributed. But, I imagine the Arch Mage of one is probably the Arch Mage of the sister as well (in most cases).
You have hit the nail on the head there cwgiii...
We have a large range of players, and some who are hard core want to push to Gold in the Spire...
We are already getting 10+ Chests in the Tournament...
The problem is that about half our players see the Spire as optional, or have busy lives and can't push in both arenas...
Half are feeling frustrated, and half are feeling pushed, and we don't want to lose any of them because they are like family.
So we are thinking that a merge with another Fellowship with the same issues and then dividing us all between Sister Fellowships where everyone has the same goals would be a great solution...
This would keep ties strong, and as you said allow players to move between each to either rest or push harder as they choose.