• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New Game Features Showing fellowship history

• Thread starter Deleted User - 50840
  • Start date

Deleted User - 50840

[Summary] - Seeing a players' fellowship history.
[Details] - Some way to let archmages or mages see an applying players' fellowship history.
[Reasons for implementing] - So that better informed choices can be made when selecting a new fellowship member as there is some bad apples floating around the Elvenar barrel. For ex. If an applying player has been in 4 different fellowships in the past month then it would allow a archmage the ability to contact those previous fellowships and find out more about the reason the applying player left or was kicked.
[Impact on other game features] - Improvement of the fellowship system.

DeletedUser415

In my opinion, I really see no value of the idea for this type of game.
There are much more important issues for the dev's to work out with the game.
I was in 3 fellowships before joining Valar. According to your example, does that mean I'm a bad apple? People do move around to find the right fit. This is not a job interview where you need references.
Are you going to rely your opinion on what someone else has to say about a possible good player, or try em out? Maybe a person just disagreed on on how the fellowship was being run, or tired of drama, or wasn't satisfied with the team help that was being received (just a few examples).
If a person is invited to a fellowship and they do not work out, it it easily rectified by the powers that be, by kicking that person out.There is always someone else waiting in line to join.
It really is not a big deal to know what fellowship he/she was in prior to joining, just to get a reference. If it is that important, just ask the person and I am sure they will tell you.

Deleted User - 13667

Heisenberg is right. People do move around. It does not mean they are bad apples. Merely differences in opinion how things should be done.

This fellowship history will not improve anything. Fellowships depends largely on activity, communication, teamwork and resources.
Having a clear picture what the applicant has on these two aspects is more useful

cwgiii

Shaman
I actually like this idea. Not that jumping around a lot is necessarily a problem, but it would be useful as an Archmage to investigate the reasons why this is happening for a particular applicant. There have been times that I have accepted applicants (who ended up not being active at all) and passed up others active players (evidenced by their success in subsequent fellowships), only to see that I made a poor choice. This would give a tool to help make better decisions up front.

DeletedUser1265

I actually like this idea. Not that jumping around a lot is necessarily a problem, but it would be useful as an Archmage to investigate the reasons why this is happening for a particular applicant

I am inclined to agree with you, it could be linked to a player's profile, noting roles in the FS too. I have had a few fellows that have hopped around, caused all kinds of drama, blamed other players and then returned only to rinse repeat. I think it depends on how you run the your FS. However, I do think it may be lower priority, considering some of the other concerns being raised by players. But I do think the suggestion has merit.

DeletedUser1453

Considering an email I got today, I think some of those "bad apples" just got their own FS where they can be AM.

DeletedUser1265

Considering an email I got today, I think some of those "bad apples" just got their own FS where they can be AM.

That sounds ominous to say the least, but it does raise a good point. The converse (to players being bad apples) is also true, I would also like to somehow see the player turnover for fellowships, as it may be a good indicator of what is happening in the fellowship w.r.t. player retention (maybe the basket holding the apples isn't that great either)

Although... In all honesty, I have a Type A personality and CDO (it is like OCD but the letters are in the right order, as they should be) - it is a whole lot of admin and could cause a whole lot of ticket requests to have permanent records expunged and then the next guest race will be judges and juries.

Killiak

Artisan
Eh... on the fence on this one. It has benefits, but also downsides.
I think it would be all right to just show past fellowships, but not the reason (kick or leave) and the timeframe. That allows for the fellowship to contact the previous ones, but not have an instant bias.

Or, alternatively, just show the history of the past two months. Even if people were kicked/left for reason X, or if they were just a straight up douche, that doesn't mean they can't learn/improve/adjust. There is no reason to carry their faults with them for all Elvenar eternity.