• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Show total goods tied up in trades

Sir Derf

Adept
So, I've gotten into a style of play at the moment that posts a goodly number of trades, which means that I have a hefty quantity of my boosted goods reserved for those trades. These are resources that could be available for building upgrades, unlocking technologies, etc.

At the moment, when I look at my available goods either in the Main Hall or the Standard Resources listing on the main menu, or am shown the amount in a pop when looking to upgrade a building or unlock a technology, I am only shown the amount that is unallocated to trades, and the resources that I have, but have tied up in offered trades, are deceptively hidden.

I propose that all of these displays include additional numbers that include what the total allocated in trade is.

The Main Hall display could show three sets of labeled values, unallocated, allocated and total available.

The Main Menu display and popups for building upgrades and technology unlocking could show the unallocated total followed by the total available in parenthesis. For upgrading and unlocking, the required quantity could be colored orange if you need to cancel some trades to free up sufficient goods, and red if even canceling all trades don;t give you enough goods,

The Trader dialog could include a summation page of your trades, providing 5 sets of information
Total Available (unallocated + allocated)
Unallocated
Allocated in Trades
Expected from Trades
Expected Available (unallocated + expected)