• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

User Interface Show Chat Commands

DeletedUser462

Hi there, Elvenar team,

Another small improvement idea here which involves the ingame Chat and Elvenar's Wiki.

Introduction: While I was reading random threads in the forum I have came across this gem. It's funny but Katwijk's post seems to be the only detailed information I could find about the three available Chat commands. Once I had them in my mind, my Fellowship Chat life has become a little bit easier. :)

Suggestion: Add a list of all the available Commands in the tooltip while hovering Chat Info button or at least a hint for the /help command for dummies as shown in the example below. In addition, you can add this information in the corresponding Wiki page as well.

Example:
jUdRm7n.png

Reason: Until I came across some forum threads I had no idea about these Chat Commands. None of my Fellowship members knew them either when I asked them and we've been playing actively for the last couple of weeks. The /help command is not an uncommon one in Chat systems but it seems that it wasn't the first thing that crossed our minds. You can also find it by accident if you begin your message with the slash symbol but that doesn't happen often.

Oh, and credits also go to Recksters who kinda suggested it in the previously mentioned forum thread.

Thank you for your time!

Sincerely,
Rexx

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Mentioning the /help command in the mouseover tooltip would be entirely appropriate, but oh please no don't spam the chat box.

I've known about the /help command since I was in knee pants, and don't need to be reminded every time I open the chat box.

Deleted User - 13667

Im with Katwijk on this. I would prefer not to see that pop up too.

I tried my luck on whispering on chat one day and found that /help command. I think its best to just leave a ? help at a corner of the chat if anyone wants it rather than have it keep popping up.

DeletedUser

I also support that the '/help info' be added to the tooltip already in the chat menu as seen in the picture above. In fact, I'd almost go as fas as to suggest replacing that tooltip with just the info about chat commands. It's rather obvious that the chat is for fellowship members only as you can't access it otherwise anyhow.

Bottom line: +1 from me

P.S.: Perhaps a reminder could be added to the 'helpful hints and tips' we get when the game loads?

DeletedUser462

Thanks, guys.

After having the first feedback on my suggestion, I have edited my initial post by removing the small addition about an automatic message directly in the chat box, thus leaving it to the pure idea of making newbies aware of the option early on. You are completely right on this.

Moreover, I think Valerius commented it perfectly.